• no game, but will get it for this

2 40.00%
  • absolutly not able to do it

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Online - IS it worth it

Online - IS it worth it

Online - IS it worth it

How many of us are capable of taking part in an online game?
    (or will be able to once they get the PC version?)

Well, I can TRY for a net game, but my connection is unbelievably slow/unreliable :/

Still, something's better than nothing. So, barring major disasters, I'm up for it

so thats 3 almost, dont worry if you have a crap connection (mine 56k but fine with nline games, most of the time), mines not brilliant. Infact I dont have a connection, my modem broke a few days back and I am posting from my old computer which my sister uses but my new modem should arrive today in time for any event. If not I can trythis computer but hey, whatever comes.

I'd be willing to try it. Amazingly, I've NEVER played an online game before in my life, so you'd have to bear with me as I come to grips with how to set it up. Also, my modem isn't spectacular by a long shot (56k).

Are we at a point to choose characters now that there are four of us?

dont see why not, unless somone else pops in. I will take Carter is there are no objections, which there probably isnt, not sure why so if anyone else wants to nab him they can.

I assume SuzieCroft wont want Minoko will you? Maybe I should take that char insted

EDIT: By the way, I now have my modem set up so I am all ready to go. Second consideration, do we got for the full game or a DM. I would think play through the game would be best but incase anyone else wants to DM or Rover race.

I'd also rather not do a DM.

I'll take Andre. Now the question is, when can we all play? What countries are the rest of you in? I'm in the U.S, so if some of you are in Europe, there may be a problem with the time-zone differences (for example, when I get home from work, you people will be asleep.)

I am in UK. As long as its just US and UK we should be able to sort somthing out, Ive done it before.
    Now I am free most of the time with the odd excption of the odd day which is normaly a monday I think. So time dosnt bother me too much unless its 4 in the morning or somthing like that.

Well, unfortunately, I think the time factor will be a problem for me. I work 9-5, and then eat, go out for a bit, and usually don't get online until about 9pm. Considering the six-hour time difference, that makes it 3am your time. Oh well.

Be sure to keep an active thread on here to let me know how it goes! Have fun.

what about weekends?

Minoko is MINE!

/glares

I need to make a new chibi....

/goes off and amuses herself in paintshop for a few hours

Sure you want that charecter? how about ...humm.... Andre.
    Dont worry, I'll have Carter

so whats everyone elses day like then?
    How would 21:00 GMT be for everyone?

Arrow

I wouldn't mind giving it a try. And I'm not very keen on death match either. Co-op has always been the core element of PE. I'm well aware that it can take quite a long time to reach the game end in multiplayer, but it should nevertheless be all fun even if we were to give up in the meanwhile.

I live in France. Aside from working hours, I can easily tune myself to the UK time zone. And I'm an Amber fan, so if you don't mind me taking care of her...

Don't you mean 21:00 BST? Cuz it's summer right now...

As for characterness...

The General wants Carter (now how dodgy does THAT sound?), I'm Minoko (^_^) , Mangar the Dark is Andre and Kaminari is Amber.

And, what day are we doing this?

And, I still need a new chibi.

For the time being, I'm available any day of the week. Your choice will be mine.

[Edit] I just realize that I have the French version of PE, but I don't think it should pose any problem whatsoever. It's actually possible to switch the game in English via the command line; it's just that the dialogues and cutscenes are in French.

The General wants Carter (now how dodgy does THAT sound?)
    Try to think of one word that cant be remotly linked like that.

How about this Friday?
    Or Saturday?

Originally posted by The General
    Try to think of one word that cant be remotly linked like that.
    I can thing of several, that's what makes it so amusing ^_^;;

I can thing of several, that's what makes it so amusing ^_^;;
    actualy it is impossible. There is no word that can't be linked. Of course the people who actualy found this out have exeptionaly dirty minds and they kept correcting me on words which I though could never be connected.

can someone take some ingame screen shots so we can out them on the board
    of what exactly?

and how is friday people? Infact how is saturday, give us more time to get ready.

I'm all for the Saturday night fiever

Saturday would be infinitely better for me.

Gives me time to let everyone else in the house know I'll be hogging the PC/phone line.

And, er, download the PE patch. D'oh.

OK, unless somone suddenly come sin and says they cant because they are on fire here is a reminder.

Saturday 2nd of August 2003
    UTC (GMT/WET) 20:00
    BST 21:00
    @875

in other words 9 tomorow night.

I suggest everyone takes a look round the multimatch menu system if you havn't already (while connected obviously). Unless somone else wants to I will set up the server by the above time (a few mins before to be sure).

Another thought, everyone:

Make sure your firewalls are configured to let Eden connect to the net. Otherwise you won't be able to play

OK, about 2 hours to go and I though I should put my emails up incase somthing goes wrong.

UPAcontrol@hotmail.com or
    admiralspooner@gotmail.com

if you dont see somthing at 9 bombared my account, if no one joins by 9:05 I will log off and check my mail and/or try again to set up a new server. Now I have never done a proper one with people before due to blindlingly obvious reasons so fingers crossed.

Hope to see ya all there, if not all then atleast one.... please

Well, I'm full of intention to be there. Getting to grips with multiplayer could take a bit, though, as this is the first online game EV@!

And don't be too surprised if my PC hates me tonight. The internet has been dodgy all day today, soo...

/kills her modem

^^;;

Cool

I'll be there as well. Been a looong time since the last time I dived into the filth of Eden, and it's the first time I'll play at PE in multiplayer -- something I've been hoping for for ages. Oh the excitement!

I shall have a quick dinner and be back in less than 30 minutes.

Ok kids, I'm good to go ^_^

All I need now is the IP number of General Carter's PC. I even patched Eden today - and, I'll be honest with you kids, patching is something I rarely if EVER do. Me = t3h lazy.

One further note - my net connection, being retarded (a 24/7 one) automatically disconnects after 2 hours (sometimes less. Virgin = t3h retards). So, don't get too disheartened if I disappear. I shall be back, worry not

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last