Thread: Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV

  1. #176

    FF Type-0 and FF15 question.

    Type-0:
    it has been over 2yrs since type-0 got released in japan, there have been lots of fans posting on twitter, on here, and on the SE facebook page, and yet no one at SE USA seems to be doing anything about releasing the game over here, though they did give us Bravely Default for the 3ds, oddly enough. way back when, in the ultimania book that got released with type-0, there was mentioning of an possible international edition, there was also mention of hd versions being toyed with but decided to not run with it. this is all on the japan side however. most people would like it just released as a digital copy on psn, however, i would not be happy with this option. i am more for physical media than digital, i do not trust technology. as such, i feel that 2+ yrs is more than sufficient time for SE USA/Europe to upscale the game for a vita release or for ps3 as an HD release. there have been times in the past when Square didnt follow suit of the japanese mothership, and did its own thing (Secret of Evermore and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within). i am wondering why SE USA/etc. havent done this for those not in the japanese/asia region for type-0? i imported the game back in may 2012 for my bday, and though i dont have any japanese knowledge and it is just a bunch of nonsensical characters to me, i got the gist of the game, and asked on gamefaqs.com as to what was going on in the story as this and this part, and how the game time flow worked, i was kinda lost on those concepts, and what i found out is that Type-0 ended up being the darkes, the best, and the most engaging FF game i have played in a VERY long time! to date is my favorite due to the unique story and shocking ending! i personally think a vita release would work better, considering how it mostly matches how the psp version handles, does anyone else agree with this?

    FF15:
    so there are lots of things i want to rant about for ff15, but i wont, the end result is this: my major deciding factor on buying a ps3 for my bday back in may 2011 was the ff versus 13 2011 trailer from the ff 2011 conference, which also showcased FF Type-0 and FF13-2. it also helped that gamestop was offering a $100 coupon for buying a ps3, due to the fact that it was near the end of the PSN outtage from the big hacking that occured. demon's souls as well as a couple other titles were why i wanted one, i had a ps2 and a psx prior. and at the current time i owned a 360, which i traded in and got a ps3 instead. the versus 13 trailer just looked incredibly awesome. and i found out about it, due to looking up what exactly the fabula nova crystallis series was supposed to be: a set of 3 games (ff13, ff type-0 and ff versus 13) that would take the same mythos, set it on 3 separate worlds, and take it's own direction with it. however after 6+yrs of development with no news, a website being posed after the 2011 ff conference, and then nothing added, and then having news updates pretty much say nothing more than: "more news coming soon; the game is on schedule; you will love this game; more news coming soon..." repeating endlessly since the 2011 trailer aired. then in summer 2012, kotaku posted an article stating: (paraphrased) "an inside source at SE stated that versus 13 was cancelled and was being folded into the upcoming ff15", this caused a huge uproar, lots of people got pissed off about it, but SE replied with: "the game is on schedule, hasnt been cancelled, etc.".

    however it appears they were right! as of E3 2013, we found out that the next FF title for the upcoming ps4 was FF15, which was what FF versus 13 was, and all the news that got released during E3 last yr mentioned that after the 2011 versus 13 trailer was released, in the same yr (2011) it was decided to develop the game for the next gen console instead, of what they had been developing on several yrs (ps3) to top off this ludicrous choice, costing the company time and money, to change and improve the game for the ps4/xbox one (consoles which were just being rumored back in 2011) they also decide to put FF15 on the agni's philosophy tech demo game engine, yet they had already made a from scratch game engine for FF15 to play on before it became ff15, now to reprogram the game with a new engine, again spending time and money, better spent on other things, i just find this very baffling!

    what i want to know is why moving FF15 to the ps4/xbox one was so hush hush, when everyone knew ff13 was gonna be on the ps3, and that the title had been announced soon after ff12 had gotten released on the ps2. and why leave consumers and loyal fans in the dark about a game, finally giving a trailer, only to back off and change things up, yes it is their prerogative, but for 6+yrs, most people were under the impression that FF15 was gonna be a ps3 title. yet at the same time, when they release a public trailer stating, on their website that FF Versus 15 is gonna be on the PS3 (it stated the console specifically in the trailer) then not telling the public about it, nomura supposedly wanted to but apparently someone was holding a gun to his head saying: no spilling of news, maybe. i find that personally offensive, and i feel it is under the category of false advertising.

    why should i buy a ps4 to play a game that i originally bought a ps3 to play? why cant SE do what Eidos did way back when, when TR Legend first got released (have a lo-res version on ps2/xbox and a hi-res version on the 360), so why cant we get FF15 on PS3, PS4, 360 and xbox one? that covers all the lo-res/hi-res consoles now. and also why is thief being released on every console, as i just mentioned including the pc, and yet thief, though popular, is definitely not as renowned as FF, and yet FF15 is only getting a next gen release? its kinda like a slap in the face to people who, like me, decided to buy a ps3 after having seen an awesome trailer.

    does anyone else think there should be a multiconsole release for FF15 on the current and next gen consoles?

  2. #177
    Originally Posted by neo_bahamut
    I've never posted in the forums before, but considering the site's new policy about deleting comments unrelated to the topics, I felt I had no choice in the matter, since I want my voice to be heard. There are a lot of things to take in to consideration when you think about the situation of Final Fantasy XV. On the one hand, we have a great fanbase that has felt disappointed and betrayed, after buying a PS3 just to play this and FF XIII (and after seeing that game's reputation in the gaming community, we can only say that made things worse). For them, the move to next-gen consoles was like a slap to the face after waiting all this time and giving all that money. Then we had the new releases of main or sub-titles and even the whole XIV tragedy that put other projects (and XV along with them) behind on schedule. Square Enix has taken a huge gamble and it remains to see how it will pay off. In between the releases of XIII, XIII-2, XIV and LR (we're talking about a span of 5 years), or even ever since the day it was first announced back in 2006 (!), the news we've had about XV (previously known as Versus XIII) has been scarce, with more memorable back in January 2011 and last year's E3. That's 8 years! So now we've reached a point at which Lightning's story can no longer be exploited and there is nothing on the horizon other than XIV's upgrades, but everyone knows that's not nearly enough to keep the Final Fantasy ship afloat. So why are not hearing anything about it? Two possibilities: either the company wants to keep the experience as fresh as possible, with the least amount of spoilers like the good old days, or they have a very small amount of faith in their final product which, according to what we saw last year, is probably not the case. Another possibility is that they're waiting for the dust to settle after bombing us with FF titles like Lightning Returns and X/X-2 HD. I'll take a wild guess and say that in this year's E3, Square Enix will announce the release date of XV. They have to. Unless they pull out something else from their sleeve (Type-0 + Agito, XII HD, X-3), there's no time left. I believe that Square Enix have taken a huge gamble on this game. Even though XIV is doing quite well and is very popular in the MMO society, a lot of people seem to think that if XV goes down, so does FF. Everyone seems to expect a lot out of XV, and that's only because Square Enix didn't bother to tell anyone about what the game is like. If people have crazy expectations of it, it's no one's fault but the company's!
    i totally agree, like you, i saw the 2011 trailer, stating specifically ps3. it was one of the deciding factors of me buying a ps3, there were other reasons but that leaned me into buying one, i got one for my bday in may 2011, it helped that gamestop had a $100 coupon for buying a ps3 specifically due to sony wanting people to buy a ps3, and to provide a reason to get one, and make it easier with the psn outtage that had occurred then. between the 3 trailers shown at the 2011 ff conference, i was the most excited for versus 13, though after playing the type-0 demos later that yr, i changed my tune about type-0.

    i too feel it is a slap in the face to fans, who have been waiting 6-7yrs for the ps3 title, only to learn at e3 last yr it was decided in 2011, after the trailer got released that it would be developed for the next gen systems instead, i think this was a waste of time and money, and also thought it was a waste of time and money to develop a game engine from scratch for versus, then to decide to put it on the freshly created agni's philosphy engine? that right there added 3 extra yrs to the development, and i am sure the game was almost done at the time the trailer got released, i mean look at the fact that of the 3 trailers shown at the 2011 ff conference, type-0 came out in oct. 2011, and ff13-2 came out in dec 2011, in japan.

    i would also like to know why the FNC was originally supposed to consist of 3 games: ff13, type-0 and versus 13., and now we have 2 sequels to ff13 and type-0 still is a no show outside of japan in the english speaking countries (glad i imported it for my 2012 bday, even though i dont know japanese), type-0 is a major ff title, and now it is becoming an mmo for iphone and droid devices? im sorry but no, no more online ff titles, no more online dq titles! keep the main SE titles offline only, PLEASE!

    my question is is why cant FF15 have a multiconsole release for ps3, ps4, 360 and xbox one? eidos did it with TR legend: lo-res on ps2/xbox, hi-res on 360, when that was first released, and the new thief is on every console, including pc, why shaft the current gen for ff15, when ff15 was originally slated for the ps3?

    also it has been over 2yrs since type-0 got released in japan, shouldnt the SE branches outside of japan have taken the game and upscaled it for a vita release by now? does anyone else remember when Squaresoft USA made secret of evermore on the SNES based on the secret of mana game engine, as well as making final fantasy: the spirits within? why cant the non japanese branches of SE act independently of the main company and just release the original psp ff swan song, in an hi-res vita release?

    and of course, why should i purchase a shiny new ps4, to play a game that i originally purchased a ps3 for?
    Last edited by bolty32; 30th Apr 2014 at 18:20.

  3. #178
    Originally Posted by bolty32
    i totally agree, like you, i saw the 2011 trailer, stating specifically ps3. it was one of the deciding factors of me buying a ps3, there were other reasons but that leaned me into buying one, i got one for my bday in may 2011, it helped that gamestop had a $100 coupon for buying a ps3 specifically due to sony wanting people to buy a ps3, and to provide a reason to get one, and make it easier with the psn outtage that had occurred then. between the 3 trailers shown at the 2011 ff conference, i was the most excited for versus 13, though after playing the type-0 demos later that yr, i changed my tune about type-0.

    i too feel it is a slap in the face to fans, who have been waiting 6-7yrs for the ps3 title, only to learn at e3 last yr it was decided in 2011, after the trailer got released that it would be developed for the next gen systems instead, i think this was a waste of time and money, and also thought it was a waste of time and money to develop a game engine from scratch for versus, then to decide to put it on the freshly created agni's philosphy engine? that right there added 3 extra yrs to the development, and i am sure the game was almost done at the time the trailer got released, i mean look at the fact that of the 3 trailers shown at the 2011 ff conference, type-0 came out in oct. 2011, and ff13-2 came out in dec 2011, in japan.

    i would also like to know why the FNC was originally supposed to consist of 3 games: ff13, type-0 and versus 13., and now we have 2 sequels to ff13 and type-0 still is a no show outside of japan in the english speaking countries (glad i imported it for my 2012 bday, even though i dont know japanese), type-0 is a major ff title, and now it is becoming an mmo for iphone and droid devices? im sorry but no, no more online ff titles, no more online dq titles! keep the main SE titles offline only, PLEASE!

    my question is is why cant FF15 have a multiconsole release for ps3, ps4, 360 and xbox one? eidos did it with TR legend: lo-res on ps2/xbox, hi-res on 360, when that was first released, and the new thief is on every console, including pc, why shaft the current gen for ff15, when ff15 was originally slated for the ps3?

    also it has been over 2yrs since type-0 got released in japan, shouldnt the SE branches outside of japan have taken the game and upscaled it for a vita release by now? does anyone else remember when Squaresoft USA made secret of evermore on the SNES based on the secret of mana game engine, as well as making final fantasy: the spirits within? why cant the non japanese branches of SE act independently of the main company and just release the original psp ff swan song, in an hi-res vita release?

    and of course, why should i purchase a shiny new ps4, to play a game that i originally purchased a ps3 for?
    The moral of the story here is to never, never buy a console for a single game, especially when the game isn't even OUT yet. That just ain't smart.


    I for one, since I am here, will reiterate that I really hope SE decides to play with the big kids and release this game on the PC (and I, for one, wonder if anything on this board ever gets seen by developers, like with Ubisoft or Bioware). I will not be buying a console.

    Oh, and about your point about old-gen consoles: that requires a great deal more scalability in an engine, and Luminous may simply not have that power. As someone who played XIII on the Xbox 360, it was painful the way each game's graphics got worse, along with a WORSE frames-per-second rate. The engine was just too powerful (or not scalable enough) for the tech. And they're pulling out all the stops for XV. Did you see the gameplay trailer (which, I will add, was running on a PC)? Just about, if not completely the most gorgeous game I've ever seen (and that includes games like The Witcher 2). This game is going to be seriously graphically intensive--and not only that, but technically intensive (one quote from a developer mentions how valuable the extra memory is on the new consoles). I don't think it would work on the old consoles--or if it did, it would be like LR: FF XIII (graphically painful at times).
    Last edited by EternalAmbiguity; 2nd May 2014 at 04:51.

  4. #179
    And just so you know Grimoire, the Japanese PS4 website has their FF XV page up too.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Originally Posted by EternalAmbiguity
    And just so you know Grimoire, the Japanese PS4 website has their FF XV page up too.
    Posted about it in September last year.

  6. #181
    Originally Posted by Grimoire


    Posted about it in September last year.
    Oh, I thought it was news. My mistake.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    The reality of the Fantasy based on reality
    (Final Fantasy Network)
    ― we’re about to mark the one-year anniversary of Final Fantasy XV‘s debut at E3, and the eight-year anniversary of its former Final Fantasy Versus XIII self at the very same venue.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Final Fantasy XV cam footage shows more scenes at Thailand Comic Con
    ― Square Enix recently shared some footage of Final Fantasy XV during their Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary show at Thailand Comic Con 2014.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Shinji Hashimoto discusses KH3 & FFXV at Thailand Comic Con 2014
    (Kingdom Hearts Insider)
    ― over the weekend at Thailand Comic Con 2014, Shinji Hashimoto was in attendance and held a keynote about Final Fantasy and his past & current work at Square Enix.

  10. #185
    ALRIGHT, THAT DOES IT!!!!!!!!! We're sitting here, twittling our thumbs, waiting for ANY tiny speck of info for the past 8 (yes, that's right, I said EIGHT) years now, and you decide to skip out on ANOTHER E3?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?????????? Acting all high and mighty as if you have some top-secret game. Let me fill you in on a little something, Square-Enix. Most of the people that wanted to play XV when you first revealed it have now lost interest in it! Your crappy attitude of "Please be excited" and "We cannot reveal any information about that" is getting you NOWHERE!!! Last year the director of the game, Tetsuya Nomura PROMISED that we would be getting updates on the game's progress and since then we have heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it! E3 2014 was the time you were supposed to show it! And now Hashimoto comes out and says "we were misunderstood"?! So exactly WHEN do you plan on releasing more info on this?? Do you plan on tagging us along forever? DOES FINAL FANTASY XV EVEN EXIST?????? If you messed it up and are too ashamed to admit it, that's alright, we'll forgive you, just STOP WASTING OUR TIME!! I am a long-time fan of the Final Fantasy franchise, but I will not go out buying all the "Theatrythm"'s and "All The Bravest"'s you throw at us! Give us actual news about XV at E3!! It's not fair for all of us that have been waiting for this long!

  11. #186
    Originally Posted by neo_bahamut
    ALRIGHT, THAT DOES IT!!!!!!!!! (...)
    I feel your pain neo but I'm not sure if this forum is the best place to vent your (our) discontent because I doubt anyone from SE actually reads it. At least, I can't remember the last time I read a post from SE here, but SE is free to prove me wrong =)

    Regarding the news itself, it is indeed another dark E3 for FF fans. I want to be optimistic but it is getting harder every year that goes by without FFXV.
    After last year's announcement (and promise of constant updates) I expected to see SE's flagship franchise in every subsequent E3 until the game is finally released. Instead, we got 1 full year of vague promises, misunderstandings, and remixes of the same reveal trailer*. I have this feeling that SE JP will announce Type-0 for the west (vita, maybe?) this E3 and a bunch of remaster/remakes but that is not enough to salvage SE's E3. Sorry.

    In the end, it is disappointing to see that SE knew fans misunderstood Hashimoto's sentence regarding E3/FFXV (he even admits so in this recent Famitsu interview) and that FFXV would miss E3 (again), yet they didn't warned us sooner. Oh no, SE allowed their (once?) loyal fans hype this year's E3 to the max, just to be extremely disappointed 4 days before the event. Sadistic to say the least.

    * Side note: It seems that SE JP is now the #1 remake/remaster/remix company in the world. All we get from Japan are very old FF games re-released for PC/mobile devices, HD remasters of old FF/KH games, and, apparently, remixes of the same FFXV trailer that is cut and re-cut every 6 months.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    No Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts III info at E3 says Square Enix
    (Siliconera)
    ― Final Fantasy XV will not be present at E3 this year says Square Enix’s Shinji Hashimoto.

  13. #188
    Originally Posted by Mad_Angel
    I feel your pain neo but I'm not sure if this forum is the best place to vent your (our) discontent because I doubt anyone from SE actually reads it. At least, I can't remember the last time I read a post from SE here, but SE is free to prove me wrong =)

    Regarding the news itself, it is indeed another dark E3 for FF fans. I want to be optimistic but it is getting harder every year that goes by without FFXV.
    After last year's announcement (and promise of constant updates) I expected to see SE's flagship franchise in every subsequent E3 until the game is finally released. Instead, we got 1 full year of vague promises, misunderstandings, and remixes of the same reveal trailer*. I have this feeling that SE JP will announce Type-0 for the west (vita, maybe?) this E3 and a bunch of remaster/remakes but that is not enough to salvage SE's E3. Sorry.

    In the end, it is disappointing to see that SE knew fans misunderstood Hashimoto's sentence regarding E3/FFXV (he even admits so in this recent Famitsu interview) and that FFXV would miss E3 (again), yet they didn't warned us sooner. Oh no, SE allowed their (once?) loyal fans hype this year's E3 to the max, just to be extremely disappointed 4 days before the event. Sadistic to say the least.

    * Side note: It seems that SE JP is now the #1 remake/remaster/remix company in the world. All we get from Japan are very old FF games re-released for PC/mobile devices, HD remasters of old FF/KH games, and, apparently, remixes of the same FFXV trailer that is cut and re-cut every 6 months.
    Well, if this isn't the place to let Square-Enix know how bad we consumers and faithful followers feel, tell me where it is and I'll go write in it! They delete comments in the blog if they're out of topic (since they know what a bunch of screw-ups they are and don't want people complaining about the same things over and over on their sites) and there isn't a single place anyone can actually get through to them! It's more than obvious they don't care about consumer opinion's as long as they get our money! If they did, they would be more open and direct with us about when we should expect the game or at least when we should expect to hear news about the game or maybe some details about it every now and then. But since they have the confidence that whenever they decide to release it, millions of morons will run out to buy it, then they can just keep tagging us all along for the ride. It's such a shame. Final Fantasy was once a great franchise. Now it's being reduced to nothing but a series of games that use the nostalgia of the fans of that great franchise in order to milk them from as many bucks as possible. Shame on you Square-Enix.

  14. #189
    Originally Posted by neo_bahamut
    Well, if this isn't the place to let Square-Enix know how bad we consumers and faithful followers feel, tell me where it is and I'll go write in it! (...)
    Well, I don't know what is the best place to communicate our disappointment. All I know is that these forums are not it, and that was my initial point.
    I've never seen a comment or reply by any SE member in these forums regarding FF and, thus, I get the sensation that posting anything here expecting a reply from SE is fruitless. Maybe because we ask things that they can't answer (remember that all decisions are made in Japan and that SE's EU/NA branches are just PR departments) or because the forum is nothing more than a place where fans can engage, not a place for SE to interact with their fans.

    To that end, the blog/site seems like a better place as we occasionally see a post from SE staff members. But we have to wait for an official E3 thread to respect the site's rules and, thus, boost the chances of seeing our questions answered. I understand that your are enraged with this nonsensical decision (I am too), but we have to keep a calm/optimistic attitude and explain our point-of-view nicely to create a stronger trust bond with SE.

    I don't want to sound like a broken record but I've expressed countless times why I think SE has one of the worst, if not the worst, PR strategy out of the major gaming companies (search the forum/site) but I refuse to think that SE doesn't care. For every good move (FFXV/KH3 announcement at last year's E3) there is a slew of horrible decisions (Drakengard 3, Dragon Quest, FFVIII low-quality sound, FFXV absent from E3 2014, just to name a few) that makes them lose all their credit, building up the tension between SE and the fans.

    In the end, I think that problem is simple: Communication. It is impossible SE didn't know that fans expected to see FFXV at this year's E3. Impossible. Then why didn't they communicate their decision earlier? As soon as Hashimoto is misquoted in Thailand just release an official clarification stating that FFXV will not be at E3 because <insert reason> but SE promises that FFXV presence at <insert venue> will be massive. Simple, effective, and keeps everyone happy because SE shows that they care for us and our expectations.

    I know secrets are cool, things change very fast in this industry, but keep us informed. That worked with FFXIV, why it shouldn't work for FFXV? That's all I ask.

  15. #190
    Originally Posted by Mad_Angel
    Well, I don't know what is the best place to communicate our disappointment. All I know is that these forums are not it, and that was my initial point.
    I've never seen a comment or reply by any SE member in these forums regarding FF and, thus, I get the sensation that posting anything here expecting a reply from SE is fruitless. Maybe because we ask things that they can't answer (remember that all decisions are made in Japan and that SE's EU/NA branches are just PR departments) or because the forum is nothing more than a place where fans can engage, not a place for SE to interact with their fans.

    To that end, the blog/site seems like a better place as we occasionally see a post from SE staff members. But we have to wait for an official E3 thread to respect the site's rules and, thus, boost the chances of seeing our questions answered. I understand that your are enraged with this nonsensical decision (I am too), but we have to keep a calm/optimistic attitude and explain our point-of-view nicely to create a stronger trust bond with SE.

    I don't want to sound like a broken record but I've expressed countless times why I think SE has one of the worst, if not the worst, PR strategy out of the major gaming companies (search the forum/site) but I refuse to think that SE doesn't care. For every good move (FFXV/KH3 announcement at last year's E3) there is a slew of horrible decisions (Drakengard 3, Dragon Quest, FFVIII low-quality sound, FFXV absent from E3 2014, just to name a few) that makes them lose all their credit, building up the tension between SE and the fans.

    In the end, I think that problem is simple: Communication. It is impossible SE didn't know that fans expected to see FFXV at this year's E3. Impossible. Then why didn't they communicate their decision earlier? As soon as Hashimoto is misquoted in Thailand just release an official clarification stating that FFXV will not be at E3 because <insert reason> but SE promises that FFXV presence at <insert venue> will be massive. Simple, effective, and keeps everyone happy because SE shows that they care for us and our expectations.

    I know secrets are cool, things change very fast in this industry, but keep us informed. That worked with FFXIV, why it shouldn't work for FFXV? That's all I ask.
    That is exactly what I mean! it's painfully obvious at this point, 8 years later, that they don't care anymore. They just arbitrarily make their decisions without taking us, the people that actually go out and buy their products, into consideration at all. Hashimoto trolled us completely at Thailand, now he comes out and says "we're looking for the right time", not even saying anything about when that 'right time' will be. Not only that, but today there are news going around the web that they might be bringing a Lightning collection to next-gen! Do they even ask if we want that?! No, they do it anyway because they think in their twisted heads that "Hey, this might shift a bit of attention away from XV for a while and get people excited about Lightning again". NO ONE WAS EXCITED ABOUT LIGHTNING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! They don't read into the sales numbers, they don't bother with public opinion (with the exception of XIV which is an MMO and survives on the public otherwise it would have shut down), they have their own views about what they want to do with the franchise and they're losing more and more fans by the day. They promised things would be different but at this point, there's no more reason to believe them.

  16. #191
    I just don't understand their rational in this decision. Why in the world is the biggest gaming event in the WORLD somehow not "the optimal time" to release FFXV information? Its like they are going out of their way to deplete every ounce of hype that this title has gathered, all because they refuse to give us anything new, just like it was still Versus XIII. I was so sure last year that those dark times were over, but its been almost as bad this entire year, since the E3 trailer is still our only trailer to go off of.

  17. #192
    It's a big letdown that it won't be there at E3. I was expecting new videos and even a launch window. Seems it's still far from release.

  18. #193
    Originally Posted by neo_bahamut
    ALRIGHT, THAT DOES IT!!!!!!!!! We're sitting here, twittling our thumbs, waiting for ANY tiny speck of info for the past 8 (yes, that's right, I said EIGHT) years now, and you decide to skip out on ANOTHER E3?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?????????? Acting all high and mighty as if you have some top-secret game. Let me fill you in on a little something, Square-Enix. Most of the people that wanted to play XV when you first revealed it have now lost interest in it! Your crappy attitude of "Please be excited" and "We cannot reveal any information about that" is getting you NOWHERE!!! Last year the director of the game, Tetsuya Nomura PROMISED that we would be getting updates on the game's progress and since then we have heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it! E3 2014 was the time you were supposed to show it! And now Hashimoto comes out and says "we were misunderstood"?! So exactly WHEN do you plan on releasing more info on this?? Do you plan on tagging us along forever? DOES FINAL FANTASY XV EVEN EXIST?????? If you messed it up and are too ashamed to admit it, that's alright, we'll forgive you, just STOP WASTING OUR TIME!! I am a long-time fan of the Final Fantasy franchise, but I will not go out buying all the "Theatrythm"'s and "All The Bravest"'s you throw at us! Give us actual news about XV at E3!! It's not fair for all of us that have been waiting for this long!
    That's actually right. I was 13 when it was first announced way back in 06 in 2nd Year High School. Guess what I am now 21 and in my Second Year Law Proper LMAO. Instead of wasting our time I would strongly agree with you that they publicly announce that FFXV is getting canceled. By doing so, it can end this hopelessness once and for all. It is more honorable to accept failure than to hide it. Besides they already got the title for making the biggest vaporware in history. I know FFXV will never be released within this year or if it does release in the future... it would still be a huge disappointment due to the endless delays, engine changes, and wrong decisions of spending the right resources.

  19. #194
    I can honestly say this did not surprise me and I saw this coming after last years E3. Especially after SE got real quiet about XV their behavior hasn't changed. Even after they held out on saying Verses was being pushed to next gen they're still acting the same. SE has pretty much proven themselves to pretty incompetent and the only thing continue to say is "please be more patient" while they release a PSP game on the PS4/XBOX ONE (It's good they released it but why not put it on every system).

    SE should have thrown in the towel on this game years ago. All their doing now is frustrating the few people that still care about it. SE deserve's to be called and ridiculed for the way that they've treated their fans. They've scared plenty of fans away. You still have fan boys/girls that still buy their games. Then you fans that will call them out on the **because they deserve it.

    I wouldn't expect any news on this game for awhile either. But I do know what we will be getting plenty of from SE them calling on their fans to be patient.

  20. #195
    Given the delays, maybe SE has an idea for unraveling this chapter by years end, And we fans have been waiting for quite awhile to see where this new saga goes next,

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1
    Originally Posted by imrandaredevil
    That's actually right. I was 13 when it was first announced way back in 06 in 2nd Year High School. Guess what I am now 21 and in my Second Year Law Proper LMAO. Instead of wasting our time I would strongly agree with you that they publicly announce that FFXV is getting canceled. By doing so, it can end this hopelessness once and for all. It is more honorable to accept failure than to hide it. Besides they already got the title for making the biggest vaporware in history. I know FFXV will never be released within this year or if it does release in the future... it would still be a huge disappointment due to the endless delays, engine changes, and wrong decisions of spending the right resources.
    I can honestly say I've been faithful to this game since it's unveiling, I even bought a PS3 in anticipation praying for it. Now, 8 years later, I've bought a ps4 in anticipation. That's right. this game has been a console seller and it's not even been given a release date. This is the last time I put faith in Square Enix as a company. They've let down the fan base, and consumers as a whole and frankly; I may just very well go out of my way to avoid buying SE products in the future because of this humongous -tease.

    Not releasing ANY info whatsoever at E3 after last year, has proven to me they're unfit to receive support from fans.

  22. #197
    My expectations for this game have greatly dwindled since its first announcement, given the quality of games released in the passed couple of years. At this point, I'm not expecting this game to blow me away or anything. If I had to bet , I'd say it's probably going to be another medicore title that I'll forget about the moment I'm finished with it. I honestly hope I'm wrong, but I'm sure as hell not going to raise my hopes again and wait with baited breathe over another potential disappointment.

  23. #198
    The only games in the FF series I've really been disappointed with are "FFX-2" and the "13 trilogy". I haven't played FF14 yet. So, I can't say anything about that one. I'm going to give FF15 a chance because, well, it's a new FF title. That and I'm just not ready to give up on SE yet. Also, I'm still waiting for some remakes/remasters of the best games in the series from the '90's.

  24. #199
    isn't it lovely how Type-0 is getting an HD remake on ps4/xbox one, instead of being release on it's originally intended system (psp) outside of japan? wouldnt it have made more sense to release it on the vita as well, kinda like how they released the 10/10-2 hd remake on the ps3 and vita? i mean it was originally a game made for a portable system.

    i also bought a ps3 after seeing the 2011 vs13 trailer, however, i refuse to buy a ps4 for type-0 or versus13/15

  25. #200
    Originally Posted by bolty32
    isn't it lovely how Type-0 is getting an HD remake on ps4/xbox one, instead of being release on it's originally intended system (psp) outside of japan? wouldnt it have made more sense to release it on the vita as well, kinda like how they released the 10/10-2 hd remake on the ps3 and vita? i mean it was originally a game made for a portable system.

    i also bought a ps3 after seeing the 2011 vs13 trailer, however, i refuse to buy a ps4 for type-0 or versus13/15
    I completely understand how you feel. I get upset when a game that was originally released on a stationary system gets remade for a portable 'only'. "Star Ocean: The Second Story" is one example. So, I feel your pain. lol

Page 8 of 63 First First ... 4567891011121858 ... Last

Tags for this Thread