Thread: Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XV

At first I saw the 2.22 date on the trailer and my brain first thought that XV was marked for that date. Then I realized that is when the PS4 comes out in Japan.

It has been so long since these XIII side games were announced that I can't remember why Versus and Agito had the XIII branding. Were their stories originally supposed to be part of the XIII universe? Obviously Agito turned in to Type-0 and now Versus is XV.

The Fabula Nova Crystallis titles (FFXIII, FF TYPE-0, FFXV) all share the same mythology (Etro, etc.) And that's about it. They were never supposed to be set in the same world.

Grimoire - thanks for the response. I don't think having the XIII connection would have helped either game. Square Enix probably realized this and just decided to spin them both off for the better.

well whatever, path it follows

it should be a good one XD

from the makers of kh.

I mean it better be good for delaying kh3 XD

I really hope 15 doesn't shatter my dreams of finally being as good as 7 and 8.... if it doesn't I think I might finally have to give up of square-enix (squaresoft)

Final Fantasy XV featured in PlayStation 4 coming soon line-up.

sooon...sooooon...part of me whats to laugh..part of me whats to cry....i'll laugh XDDDD...i hope soon is actually soon this time lol ^^ i mean..i can wait....atleast until fall or winter this year...MAYBE spring of next year..but i just read that its still the top priority, yoshinori kitase said so...and top priority means...1st Production Department, and 1st Production Department means.....closer to being moved to the ps4 and off of the directx11 high end computers....and that means......HORAAAAAY ^^

Final Fantasy 15 'quite far into development, given high priority' by Square
    (VideoGamer)
    ― larger parties and bigger battles the focus for next-gen, series producer suggests, as new info is revealed.

thanks grim!, hey can i put articles up too to lighten the load on you? i just read on that was posted a few hours ago, it was kitase again, but the topic was on vii and how much he would love to remake it but it would take alot...i wonder if alot means..final fantasy xv or later installments being better than vii...

My apologies for the late reply, ZachiroEnigma0. And, by all means - do feel free to post and link to any interesting bits of news and information you come across. And indeed, your additions would be much appreciated not only by me but by everyone else.

Final Fantasy XV English Voice Actor #2
    ― Katy Townsend?

yaaay, and thank you ^^, but i wonder will the older people have like a european midieval/proper accent and noctis and his crew and people his age and younger have a normal tone with little to no accent, but i dont want everyone sounding like canada meets switzerland like in skyrim! oh and slightly irish...thta was weeiiird...but i comment them on the amount if dialogue...but no voice...for the dragonborn..eeh....im glad SE gives all characters now a voice or atleast most...that must take a long long time..

Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15: New Info Coming Soon, Says Square Producer
    http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/5315...uare-producer/

Smile Final Fantasy XV DLC'S?

I keep getting updates on gaming sites that XV will have a release date this june and I was thinking about the DLC'S that square may implement. What do you think it will be? one cool DLC I kept on thinking about is Noctis's old costume. The new costume looks cute to be honest but the old one looks more dark, more silent and just pure bad @$$ I would love to see that as a Dlc + maybe we get to play Princess Stella's story line? xD I know this is too freaking early but who knows? http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...at-We-Know.jpg oh and don't port Lightning's costume to XV or so help me... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV30-5E6Png
    Last edited by imrandaredevil; 5th Mar 2014 at 05:02.

I have an epic battle system for Final Fantasy XV that would combine all of the previous final fantasy battle systems together in an ultimate battle system. In a world where lets say 50% of people who like the old turn based battles, and the other 50% who like where the game is heading, this system would unite us all into one entity. Here we go.

1. Bring back turn based combat but mix with action elements. Even leans toward the original action battle system they was going to add.
    There will be an action gauge much like FFXIII/FFXIII-2. You can even call it ATB/Action Time Battle. Now at the start of each character's turn, the ATB gauge will be full. Now within this turn everything you do will drain the ATB gauge. When you move around on the battlefield it will drain and when it finally runs out you can't move anymore and the turn ends. If you are close to the monster you can button smash attacks like an action game. If you are far away you can walk up to the monster and then attack with whatever is left on the ATB gauge.

You can also use the ATB sectors, just like the ones for XIII/XIII-2. You need MP to cast spells and also the sectors, but only 4 sectors. Fire would cost 6 MP and take one sector off the ATB gauge, Fira would cost 12 MP and take off 2 sectors of the gauge, Firaga would cost say 24 MP and take 3 sectors of the gauge to cast, and big spells like Meteor and Quake would take 30 MP and all 4 of the ATB sectors to cast. Each character could get a weapon skill or Limit break they would need to build up TP in order to use, and all 4 sectors of the gauge. Any type of melee class can do as many regular attacks they can until the gauge runs out, each giving a small amount of TP towards the weapon skill/limit break or they can use a big attack for like 3 ATB sector cost.

Bring back the old character jobs like Black Mage, White Mage, and Summoner, the list goes on. Designate each of the main characters as one of them despite their clothes, like on Final Fantasy VII you knew Tifa was a monk despite her clothes. Each job will get all the spells and abilities associated with that job. When it is their turn in combat they will bring up the magic list and or combat skill list associated with their job and pick what spell/s and or abilities to use/cast and the rest will go as stated above.

Also like on Final Fantasy Tactics, if you attack the monsters from behind, you do increased damage. Also if the mages decide not to cast spells they can do a melee attack for a little damage with their weapons. Within the four sectors they could cast four fire spells, one fire and one firaga and so forth like on XIII, as long as they have the required mp to cast them. Works the same for abilities and such.

After each character's gauge runs out, it is the next characters turn. Now to keep people from waiting for each monster to take a turn to attack, ALL monsters will attack simultaneously to get rid of the wait time. I really like how it would bring the turn based element back while totally getting the player involved in the battle instead of click and wait.

2. I really loved the idea where you could buy spells and learn spells with gear and or materia stuff from Final Fantasy VII and FFIX. Something along those lines would be cool for spells and abilities.

3. I miss the old leveling systems. Bring Experience points back to gain regular character levels, or keep same concept and just change name to Crystogen Points like on XIII in a way or call them Crystal Points or something like that.

4. This battle system can help to save your game so both action rpg and the old turn based players will like it. If you lean too much towards action battles you will lose 50% of your player base, but if you do straight turn base you will lose the 50% action player base. That is why this battle system is so awesome. You need to find that middle ground so you don't lose either side. This battle system is the middle ground. It also has the potential to help save this series.

5. Bring back the Overworld we used to see in all of the old Final Fantasies where we could actually fly and control our own Airship too. I miss the times I had wondering what those mysterious places were that I could visit when I got access to the Airship. Also the other modes of transportation to ride around like chocobos, cars and canoes etc... I heard that part was in the game and I hope it is. If so please don't remove it!

6. You need to bring back Hironobu Sakaguchi, Nobuo Uematsu, Amano and the rest of his team since a lot of them are old Squaresoft / Square-Enix developers. Make him an offer he can't refuse like a new studio for his entire team, a high level position, let him help with Final Fantasy, allow him to work on new Chrono Trigger games. If anyone is able to save Square-Enix / Squaresoft it will be Sakaguchi. You have done more damage to your company than he ever did. And look at how much money Final Fantasy XI brought and he helped make that game.
    Last edited by RyakValefor; 14th Sep 2014 at 05:20.

Originally Posted by RyakValefor
    I have an epic battle system for Final Fantasy XV that would combine all of the previous final fantasy battle systems together in an ultimate battle system. In a world where lets say 50% of people who like the old turn based battles, and the other 50% who like where the game is heading, this system would unite us all into one entity.(hopefully). Here we go.

1. Bring back turn based combat but mix with action elements. Even leans toward the original action battle system they was going to add.
    There will be an action gauge much like FFXIII/FFXIII-2. You can even call it ATB/Action Time Battle. Now at the start of each character's turn, the ATB gauge will be full. Now within this turn everything you do will drain the ATB gauge. When you move around on the battlefield it will drain and when it finally runs out you can't move anymore and the turn ends. If you are close to the monster you can button smash attacks like an action game. If you are far away you can walk up to the monster and then attack with whatever is left on the ATB gauge.

You can also use the ATB sectors, just like the ones for XIII/XIII-2. You need MP to cast spells and also the sectors, but only 4 sectors. Fire would cost 6 MP and take one sector off the ATB gauge, Fira would cost 12 MP and take off 2 sectors of the gauge, Firaga would cost say 24 MP and take 3 sectors of the gauge to cast, and big spells like Meteor and Quake would take 30 MP and all 4 of the ATB sectors to cast. Each character could get a weapon skill or Limit break they would need to build up TP in order to use, and all 4 sectors of the gauge. Any type of melee class can do as many regular attacks they can until the gauge runs out, each giving a small amount of TP towards the weapon skill/limit break or they can use a big attack for like 3 ATB sector cost.

Bring back the old character jobs like Black Mage, White Mage, and Summoner, the list goes on. Designate each of the main characters as one of them despite their clothes, like on Final Fantasy VII you knew Tifa was a monk despite her clothes. Each job will get all the spells and abilities associated with that job. When it is their turn in combat they will bring up the magic list and or combat skill list associated with their job and pick what spell/s and or abilities to use/cast and the rest will go as stated above.

Also like on Final Fantasy Tactics, if you attack the monsters from behind, you do increased damage. Also if the mages decide not to cast spells they can do a melee attack for a little damage with their weapons. Within the four sectors they could cast four fire spells, one fire and one firaga and so forth like on XIII, as long as they have the required mp to cast them. Works the same for abilities and such.

After each character's gauge runs out, it is the next characters turn. Now to keep people from waiting for each monster to take a turn to attack, ALL monsters will attack simultaneously to get rid of the wait time. I really like how it would bring the turn based element back while totally getting the player involved in the battle instead of click and wait.

2. I really loved the idea where you could buy spells and learn spells with gear and or material stuff from Final Fantasy VII and FFIX. Something along those lines would be cool for spells and abilities.

3. I miss the old leveling systems. Bring Experience points back to gain regular character levels, or keep same concept and just change name to Crystogen Points like on XIII in a way or call them Crystal Points or something like that.
    It should be clear, by now, that SquareEnix does not care what their fans want. And, even if they did, XV's battle system is set in stone, now.

I suggest you vote with your wallet, and don't buy XV.

It has been a long time since we heard anything about FFXV if it don't come out by 2014-2015 they might need to have different people working on it it almost like saying oh just leave it here and we'll get it to you next time and it never comes >_> sorry for being so down about it but I would like to know if they are still working on it or it got delayed again

Originally Posted by Kalkano
    It should be clear, by now, that SquareEnix does not care what their fans want. And, even if they did, XV's battle system is set in stone, now.

I suggest you vote with your wallet, and don't buy XV.
    It was simply a solution / idea to bring us an epic battle system. I had been putting that together for a while. I like FF and I also like Star Ocean style battles, but I do really miss the old FF a lot.

memória! The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura to include Omnis Lacrima
    ― bonus track from Final Fantasy XV.

FFXV composer Yoko Shimomura tweeted that "Omnis Lacrima" is the track heard in the 2008 / 2011 / 2013 gameplay trailers, and not the track that was in the E3 announcement trailer. Fantastic news. I've had a crudely made MP3 of this song for over a year now, and am super anxious for a clean version of the track. Its probably one of my favorite FF tracks to date. The buildup to the climax is fantastic.

So there no new news of Final Fantasy XV. Or any news that would it come out to PC or something like that? Hm... I guess I'm gonna stick watching Final Fantasy walkthrough in You Tube and not be able to experience it my self. Oh well. Back to watching Lightning Returns walkthrough then.

We can't expect Square Enix to make the PC version. I'm wouldn't surprise if Square Enix won't make the PC version, or should I say don't want to haha But just a huge disappointment. Like Lightning Returns I thought the rumor about coming to the PC was true, but it's just a wrong poster or something. I guess PC users only be able to experience the rereleased Final Fantasy and the online ones. But none of Final Fantasy single player ones that out alongside the console except the online Final Fantasy of course.

PC users like me, can only wait for rereleased version. Or maybe Final Fantasy XV will come out for PC, like who knows? In my opion that Final Fantasy XV chance come out to PC only about 1% and the 99% is not come out to PC. Just look back to the Final Fantasy 7 and 8, both rereleased for Steam in about what 6-9 years after the original release, I guess? Or maybe even than 9 years after the original release, I don't know. Don't really know the release date of Final Fantasy 7 and 8, so sorry I'm mistaken.

I just hope Lightning Returns and Final Fantasy XV come to PC in my life time. I mean no one can tell how long will we live right? Maybe tomorrow I might be dead or something. I hope not, after I play Final Fantasy XIII sequel and Final Fantasy XV then it's okay haha Just saying

I'm not desperate or anything. But bored waiting for Square Enix to confirm if Final Fantasy XV is still in progress or not. If they could confirm at least Final Fantasy XV release date.
    And if possible will it out on PC or not. Just confirm that. Yes or no. Just looking for yes or no.
    And definitely about if there are any Final Fantasy games that would rereleased to PC. Nah maybe this will never happened, right?

But speaking of the battle system I wouldn't call Final Fantasy XV like the past Final Fantasy. I think I consider it to be like god of war, Infamous, prototype or some games like that. But I really hope they make the Active Time Battle System or something like that again. I mean I watched the past Final Fantasy walkthrough like Final Fantasy X and XIII still have ATB system. But from Agito or Type-0 to XV I don't it can be call ATB system. Sure Final Fantasy XI and XIV are bit different because it's massive multiplayer.

But this my opinion
    Sorry if my english is not understandable.

I've never posted in the forums before, but considering the site's new policy about deleting comments unrelated to the topics, I felt I had no choice in the matter, since I want my voice to be heard. There are a lot of things to take in to consideration when you think about the situation of Final Fantasy XV. On the one hand, we have a great fanbase that has felt disappointed and betrayed, after buying a PS3 just to play this and FF XIII (and after seeing that game's reputation in the gaming community, we can only say that made things worse). For them, the move to next-gen consoles was like a slap to the face after waiting all this time and giving all that money. Then we had the new releases of main or sub-titles and even the whole XIV tragedy that put other projects (and XV along with them) behind on schedule. Square Enix has taken a huge gamble and it remains to see how it will pay off. In between the releases of XIII, XIII-2, XIV and LR (we're talking about a span of 5 years), or even ever since the day it was first announced back in 2006 (!), the news we've had about XV (previously known as Versus XIII) has been scarce, with more memorable back in January 2011 and last year's E3. That's 8 years! So now we've reached a point at which Lightning's story can no longer be exploited and there is nothing on the horizon other than XIV's upgrades, but everyone knows that's not nearly enough to keep the Final Fantasy ship afloat. So why are not hearing anything about it? Two possibilities: either the company wants to keep the experience as fresh as possible, with the least amount of spoilers like the good old days, or they have a very small amount of faith in their final product which, according to what we saw last year, is probably not the case. Another possibility is that they're waiting for the dust to settle after bombing us with FF titles like Lightning Returns and X/X-2 HD. I'll take a wild guess and say that in this year's E3, Square Enix will announce the release date of XV. They have to. Unless they pull out something else from their sleeve (Type-0 + Agito, XII HD, X-3), there's no time left. I believe that Square Enix have taken a huge gamble on this game. Even though XIV is doing quite well and is very popular in the MMO society, a lot of people seem to think that if XV goes down, so does FF. Everyone seems to expect a lot out of XV, and that's only because Square Enix didn't bother to tell anyone about what the game is like. If people have crazy expectations of it, it's no one's fault but the company's!

FF15 Love The Way You Lie

hi all,
    this is a video made from ffv13 and ff15 trailers
    hope u all enjoy

Cool When is the deadline FINAL FANTSY XV 15 to PS4

When is the deadline FINAL FANTSY XV 15 to PS4

Xbox One official Japanese Final Fantasy XV page.

Page 7 of 63 First First ... 345678910111757 ... Last