Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: The Zodiac Mod

The Zodiac Mod

A mod is just a modification of an existing game. It uses the same game engine just with tweaks in story line, new graphics and models, and extra stuff. You still can play the original, it doesnt override your game.

To play a game online you need to connect to the internet, download any patches to get your game up-to-date with the other players, then join the game and have fun! That should be all

ok,thank you a lot

Axel

I get this error when I try to launch ZODIAC

Can't find Function in file 'Function DeusEx.DeusExPlayer.Possess'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <-UObject::StaticLoadClass <-InitGameInfo <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Int <- XGameEngineExt::Int <-DDeusExGameEngine::Init <-InitEngine
    What does all this mean??

I have the newest Deus Ex patch and installed ZODIAC into my DeusEx directory.

I don't know. Does Steve have anything about this on the Zodiac site?

Yes, I had an update on July 19, 2002 about that:
    http://www.planetdeusex.com/zodiac/

You need to apply a more recent patch to Deus Ex (you'll get the same error with certain other mods too until you put the patch on).

Here's a link to 1.112fm:
    Deus Ex 1.112fm patch

Originally posted by SA_Denton
    I have the newest Deus Ex patch and installed ZODIAC into my DeusEx directory.
    Ah, just noticed your other comment. Are you SURE you have at least 1.112fm? It must be one of the multiplayer patches, since they include important stuff beyond the multiplayer changes.

Thanks, I'll try that out this weekend!

Thumbs Up

Ah Steve, I just want to say congrats on creating such a great mod thus far. I look forward to playing the rest of it whenever that time comes!
    "Tell me about the shipment and I'll order the troops to pick you up as a prisoner instead of a corpse!" - JC Denton.

Thanks! I've made pretty good progress on Part 3 over the last couple of weeks (I'm starting to get back into it more heavily). Still plenty left to do though. This modding stuff is time consuming!

Hey where do you find "the bible" in the game...I see there's a code in the CIA hallway (the one with the big emblem) but I can't find the code to get in)

Unhappy

I'm playing the zodiac mod and i'm in page biotech, but i can't get my goals from anybody. I only receive warning that my infolink is down. I just want to know how i can get the infolink back.
    be alert to every possibility

Thank you Steve (spoiler in it so shhhhhhh)

Great great mod! Thank you for all your hard work. I thought it was excellent.

BTW Steve, did you enjoy your Nuke? lol

I often wish I knew more about computers so that I could help out making stuff like that ... but I do appreciate the incredible amount of time and effort that must go into a project such as this. I could offer voice acting if you ever decide to go that route and need a sexy female voice

Eagerly awaiting the 3rd installment!

Originally posted by Trinity_Void
    Great great mod! Thank you for all your hard work. I thought it was excellent.

BTW Steve, did you enjoy your Nuke? lol

I often wish I knew more about computers so that I could help out making stuff like that ... but I do appreciate the incredible amount of time and effort that must go into a project such as this. I could offer voice acting if you ever decide to go that route and need a sexy female voice

Eagerly awaiting the 3rd installment!
    Mmmm, Nuke cola... Way better than Zap any day.

Voice acting would be cool to have, but I imagine that could end up being kinda cheesy. I know some other mods are planning to have that, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

Still hammering away at Part 3...

This is a nice mod! I like the fact that it emphasizes the non-lethal element - not just the usual "go in guns blazing" type of stuff.

Err, however, I seem to be stuck. Is there a way to start with Part 2, or do you have to continue from Part 1?

I don't know if I messed up by turning the SAMs offline before talking with jock. When I went back, talked to him, then went back and push the SAM-OFF switch again, then it said primary goal completed.

So.. I've disabled the EMP field, broadcast the message to Alex, turned off the anti-air. Could someone give me a hint on how to find the secret MJ12 underground entrance? I've walked around and around for a half hour, but can't find what I'm missing.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help!

However, now I've completed all of my goals, and I can't find Jock anywhere... he's not at the helipad, he's not on the roof.. am I missing something obvious?

At the very start of the mission, Jock says he'll land near the *old* HQ building. He should be just outside of the lobby with the big CIA insignia on the floor.

btw, if anyone reading this thread wants a more prompt response from me on anything ZODIAC related, try posting at the planetdeusex.com or dxediting.com forums. On this one, my account gets reset EVERY SINGLE TIME and takes me several minutes to deal with to post one message.

Steve Tack writes that part three is is in beta testing.

http://www.planetdeusex.com/zodiac/

Exclamation IT'S HERE!

For anyone that's not aware, Steve has now released the concluding part of Zodiac!

http://www.planetdeusex.com/zodiac/ has all the necessary links for both the Part 3 update, and the complete mod! Get it now! I'm downloading the complete as we speak (Already got Parts 1&2, but I figured it'd be less hassle if I needed to re-install).

Of course, I won't be able to play it until my sister's boyfriend gives me back my DX CD, but...

EDIT: Ooh, just read through the Zodiac readme and saw the bit about running the games without the CD. I'll try that method - thanks for the tip Steve!
    "Tell me about the shipment and I'll order the troops to pick you up as a prisoner instead of a corpse!" - JC Denton.

It's great!

The third part of Zodiac is very impressive, and even better than the first three. Thanks Steve!!!

Thumbs Up Great!

I mean ofcourse that it's better than the first two parts.

Don't wait to download it and have fun.

JC 12 Guest
    hi,
    ZODIAC is cool, but i hav 1 problem!!
    where is the key for the room in where u have to shut down the firewall???im sooooooooo stuck!!!

thnx in advance

Keys

One good advice, never destroy the body of a sholdier with a demolition weapon, you'll destroy a possible key too....

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I'm almost postivie Agent Hela has her own voice acting. Save right before you encounter her and try a number of different things.

Yes, Zodiac has an amazing story, my only big criticisms are:

-Unorginality with choices (Gep Gun, mini-crossbow, or sniper rifle. Where have I heard that before?)
    -Paul seems a bit out of character.
    -I would have liked it if, instead of taking fire indefinatly, Amanda would turn hostile and retaliate when I fired at her too much. This is something I enjoyed about the original Deus Ex.

I would have liked it if they gave voices to things like new kinds of enemy troops (not necessarily Zodiac), though, because I think they did a great job with Hela. Dialogue with civillians would be cheesy, though, because there might only be a few voice actors. Then again, Half-Life 2 had about two when it came to generic resistance members.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last