Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... Last

Thread: QUIZ TIME!

QUIZ TIME!

Welcome to the SQUARE ENIX Quiz Thread.

-Rules-

1. Any questions related to or about the Company (Square Enix) are allowed, from Final Fantasy to Dragon Quest, Nomura to Wada, Lara Croft to Zack Fair, Slimes to Chocobos, merchandise to music, and Squaresoft to Enix.

Do feel free to discuss the questions/subjects. You don't have to actually participate in the quiz to enjoy this thread. Do not hesitate to discuss anything interesting that comes to mind while trying to figure out the answer. It does not have to be directly connected to the current question.

2. One question at a time. If someone already has asked one, then give it a shot and then wait for your answer to be approved.

3. You are welcome to give out clues should your question prove to be too difficult.

4. The questions should be common knowledge (that is, you should be able to find the answers in games, magazines, guides or on the web etc.). Do not ask questions like "What is the SE community manager's shoe size?"

5. Keep in mind that some of the questions might be considered to spoil story details for some. Participate at your own risk.

6. The questions should be written in bold text.

7. Have fun!

-Top Score-

Zench - XXXX
    Tiael - XXXVI
    Basho - XXXII
    PshycoNinja - XXVIII
    Orichalcum+ - XXII
    Grimoire - VII
    DerekMaverick - V
    Lenneth_47 - IV
    Kalomon - IV
    LiKuidFox - IV
    Persiangato - III
    Lunakai - III
    GaiaGuardian - III
    Kuja9001 - III
    Hippy_Pickle - II
    TheBoogieBear - II
    new_tradition - II
    FinalFantasy107 - II
    Syn - II
    Marius - II
    Ripax1 - II
    Coddlefish - I
    Summoner - I
    justanotherjosh - I
    streetfighter23 -I
    FF_Fan13 - I
    LOVELESS Genisis - I
    Enoc - I
    aaron - I
    CorvoAtano - I
    JakeVII - I
    Mokenik - I
    corex333 - I
    Johnny - I
    ChocolateRob - I

-Awards-

Chocobo Quiz
    Winner: Zench
    Prize: -Chocoboarding- semna30.webs.com/Chocoboarding.jpg
    Last edited by Grimoire; 8th Oct 2013 at 11:27.

Who is Grimoire Valentine?

Sweeeeeeet!! That's so awesome ^^

It was an honor participating in Chocobo Days. And, c'mon, I'm no Quiz Master, I just did some research and had some luck by my side.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

^_-

And don't be so humble, you proved you skills Fair and SQUARE ENIX.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

Who is Grimoire Valentine?

He is the father of Vincent Valentine and also a scientist and died from an experiement during his research. He is from Final Fantasy VII.

Very well, then

Oh, and it's good to see these activities back ^^

That is 100% correct. He died after being struck by Chaos, and he appears in

The Compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII (Dirge of Cerberus, Dirge of Cerberus PlayOnline).

Good job.

The next question is yours, Summoner.

Who became the faith that is the aeon Ifrit?

I may be wrong cause its been a long time since i play FFX, but i think his name is not revelead in game, at last i dont remember ever reading it. But he is a crusader

How did they L'Cie came to be?

Originally Posted by OmegaHero1
    How did they L'Cie came to be?
    Check the rules, dood:

2. One question at a time. If someone already has asked one, then answer it and wait for your answer to be approved.

The answer to Summoner's question hasn't been confirmed yet. So wait until then.

His name is revealed in the game.

I think you're referring, then, to High Summoner Ohalland, but he isn't ever mentioned as the Fayth of Ifrit. It is only said by Wakka that Ohalland used to live in the Kilika Temple, and that blitzball teams dedicate prayers to him for good luck in their matches due to his past as an athlete.

Close enough Orichalcum+, his name is Oholland, he was the High Summoner of Kilika and he was also star blitzball player. He is the faith that is Ifrit.

(Here, from the Final Fantasy Wiki article on the Fayth:

Fayth of Ifrit: A Crusader male who looks to be in his prime. He was stationed at Kilika Temple. His character model is repeatedly used throughout the game, as well as for the Final Fantasy X-2 NPC Yaibal.

In addition, this is the site's article on Ohalland.

I am therefore going to pass my turn, respectfully, to Lunakai.)

That's pretty weird cause in my copy of FFX they had his name Oholland, oh well. /shrugs

Thank you Zench, -ssu.

The Fayth of Ifrit should predate Ohalland. Besides, it would have been his Guardian who became a Fayth, not Ohalland himself (just like Seymour's mother became Anima).

Or is this what you were referring to?

"So this is the place remembered in honor of High Summoner Ohalland...Makes you kind of nervous, ya? All these flames around the temple... They've always burned strong, ever since High Summoner Ohalland's time."

Current question:

OmegaHero1: How did the l'Cie come to be?

(Don't forget to read the rules next time.)

Interesting though. Where all of the temple fayths created by the summoners of Zanarkand one thousand years ago, or are they the Final Aeons of previous high summoners?

I don't know about the temples or how they came to be, but I heard that every summoner that has defeated sin that whomever they used as their final aeon becomes a new aeon to use for other summoners during their next pilgrimage after the calm.

The Final Aeon that manages to defeat Sin becomes Sin itself. Quoting Yunalesca:

"Sin is eternal. Every aeon that defeats it becomes Sin in its place... And thus is Sin reborn."

Yeah but after that Sin dies the aeon that s/he resembled became a new fayth when a new person took their place. I mean this is just information that I got from the game not actual statments.

I'll answer the current question.

The l'Cie are beings appointed by the fal'Cie from either Cocoon/Sanctum or Gran Pulse to perform tasks (Focus) that the gods are unable to do themselves, due to their inability to act with free will outside functions given to them by the creators.

Specifically, the main party of Final Fantasy XIII (including Serah) were branded by the Pulse fal'Cie Anima, Sazh's son converted by the Sanctum fal'Cie Kujata, and Cid Raines was made l'Cie by Barthandelus.

That is correct, Orichalcum+. You're up next.

Then, let's follow up with a Kingdom Hearts question.

In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, equipping a Gear panel will change a weapon's name, appearance and stat bonuses. One of Roxas' keyblades shares its name with an iconic summoned creature. What is the name of this weapon, and the name of the Gear panel needed to equip it?

Let's see if I answer it right:

The Keyblade is Leviathan, and it can be used when Nimble Gear is equipped.

Correct, Zench! It's now your game.

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... Last