• Yes

30 71.43%
  • No

12 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the game worth the money

Is the game worth the money

Ok guys a simple yes or a no would be ok

If you havent played the game, no need to vote. Pretty obvious really.

Rolleyes

Which of you pigs voted no?
    Goth Lara Rocks!!!

http://www.venustechstudios.com/imag...h_3d_small.jpg

If you are dissappointed with AoD visit this site:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=18065

I would say its DEFIDENTLY worth the money. Its one of the best games i came across so far for PS2. The background graphics are a 8/10, they do have some flaws but its nothing to wine and cry about like in some of the other posts. The character graphics including Lara are extreamly detailed. Some people are complaining about the matrix walking every so often. This only happends toward the end of a scene and only for 2-3 seconds. But its worth it because the loading times are really fast. I dont know how the developers were able to make them so short. The game has a very good story line and the cut scene's are really good. Dont read the other post about bad graphics because the people that wrote that are full of it. I dont know what they expected because this game falls right on the line of the graphics in most other games. Like I said before Lara Is extreamly detailed . For the people conplaining about the controls I think they just want something to bs about. The controls are very easy to learn and there is nothing wrong with them. They can be a pain when your setting up for a jump but you will get used to it easily. There is no bugs or glitches in the game that stick out. Some of the people who are unlucky enough and hadnt had it come out in there area yet are saying the US got a crappy version. There defidently full of it and are just upset and i hate to say but there getting the same exact game. It will be extreamly unlikely the game will be re-developed to perfection just for them. Yes i know some games were patched up a bit before there Uk release but that was only small things. Ex- a slurr in a word one of the characters says or the popular freeze for .5 seconds then start againe in a few areas of the game. I dont think they will be able to fix the matrix running because that is probaly to cut down on the loading time. I think they would have noticed it when they was testing it and would have fixed it if they could have.

!!!!!Sorry its not a simple yes or know, i just wanted to clear up the Bs people have been posting!!!!!

Big Grin

Couldn't agree with you more, bro!
    Goth Lara Rocks!!!

i cant excatly vote on thi because the game isnt out in the uk yet but i would just like to say that even if this game is crap(although i dont rekon it will be) sum people need to think about how long these people spend on these games. the amount of work and money that goes into it. So 40 quid aint really nutin compared to wot they have to do to make the game.

Nop it isn't worth your money, if go and buy a ETMatrix for PC would be better

j/k

I voted yes or shoulda I say HELL yes, but that wasn't an option

so far this has been the most helpful poll done. simple, direct and exactly the info i needed. thanks. mary

Whatcha tell ya, son? Get outta der and buy dat game! The poll results are clear - the game IS worth the money!
    Goth Lara Rocks!!!

Originally posted by sprint10646
    so far this has been the most helpful poll done. simple, direct and exactly the info i needed. thanks. mary
    ......and probably severely biased by fanboyism at this early stage of the going.

Originally posted by Frugo_PL
    Which of you pigs voted no?
    Calling people "pigs" for not agreeing with your OPINION on a game is self-righteous as hell. Who cares what others think if you're happy? I then in turn voted no just to p*ss you off. Have a nice day.

No game is worth $50+.......unless maybe it has insanely good, and replayable multiplayer.

Originally posted by Omega_Weapon
    Calling people "pigs" for not agreeing with your OPINION on a game is self-righteous as hell. Who cares what others think if you're happy? I then in turn voted no just to p*ss you off. Have a nice day.

Cool, but ppl spam cuz they either dont get the game on time, or dont even try it or just cuz the controls are bad. Simple. Ppl are such dumbasses and cant find anything *SUITABLE* to support their hatred. They simply dont want to accept the fact. Remember what Plato said about people like this - "Opinion based on one's liking is the lowest form of knowledge." And you piss me off too by just throwing out empty phrases that criticize Aod ***FOR NO GOOD REASON!***
    Goth Lara Rocks!!!

What facts??? They're frickin games; it's all 100% opinions as to whether it's any good. Sure I like it, but man I'm not gonna bite someone's head off for not liking it.

It just pisses me off that people listen to the reviewer before trying the game. If there would be no reviews of Enter the MAtrix, it would be a top seller now. But those pesky reviwers had to say some bull about it and 90% of players are now going around and criticizing the game. And they didn't really try it! It hurts the game's reputation and well being. And then games that are just great are considered crap. I dont want the same thing to happen with AOD. IT's a good game, and if people can't say why it's bad, then I guess that the game is good. It's easy to say things, but it's hard to proove that the things are correct...
    Goth Lara Rocks!!!

Whatever the total of the poll turns out to be, I am gona subtract one from the yes. Calm down frugo, its just a game.

As for people listening to opinions before trying a game, its not like theres a demo out or something which I can try. The second best way to know about the game is opinions. And it certainly ruins the meaning of the poll if someone calls others pigs for having an opinion. If I had started a similar thread when tr3 was out, I wouldnt have spent 40pounds on one of the most stupid games in the world ever. And I did listen to my friends and didnt buy chronicles. Opinions of players help, magazine reviews dont. They have agendas and stuff.

And its not like im asking anyone for a review. Just a yes or a no is good enough.

Keep voting people and dont be ashamed of saying no if the game isnt worth the money.

No game is worth $50+.......unless maybe it has insanely good, and replayable multiplayer
    Good thing the game only costs US$49.99
    This is a 44 caliber love letter straight from my heart.

magazines aren't evil and most of the time they are very subjective. but all of you are right. once it's reduced to the basics it is all user opinion and that's it. i like games that everyones hates and that has its problems something appeals to me in the game and thats all.

ps-i think Frugo was joking about the whole pig thing so get off his back and just brush it off cause if the world didn't have any jokes then i wouldn't want to live here.
    This is a 44 caliber love letter straight from my heart.

i was interested in what fellow tombers were saying .....i do trust that .....not the reviews in mags or done for game sites so much but other people who are addicted to the tomb series like i am. i don't think there is anything wrong with seeing what others are saying before you buy the game. and a yes or no poll was a great idea because what you want to know is right there...is it worth it to another tomber. i don't know, this poll was very helpful to me.

great poll...

Good work moe, i too must agree that this poll is quite helpful actually.

Oh and dont mind Frugo ppl, he is willing to defend AOD to the death, hehe.

im sure he was kidding about the pig thing

It really worth?The other guy finish it in 2 days...

Lightbulb RENT B4 YOU BUY!

Note: This is about TR the AOD for PS2... This post is not hate.. it's disappointment...sorry

I have three teens that grew up with the TR series. My husband and I are also die hard TR fans. Of all the games we've bought or rented, we always walked away saying " TR puts all the other games to shame!"
    We were spoiled by TR...

I'm sorry to say that AOD is nothing like the other TRs. We bought the game the day it was released, tried playing it, and we were all ( 5 in my family) so disappointed. Our friends who we introduced to TR over the years are also in the same boat as we are, disappointed. My one friend was even in tears! TR used to be a game that was a legend in it's own time. Now it's like all of the other cookie cutter made games that are out there. Why couldn't they have left it alone and stuck with the story line and improving Lara? Instead they changed it too much, for the worst.

On the back of the package it states "vibration." NO VIBRATION!
    Don't we all like to have that option to feel that gun shoot if we want to? Another big flop...even their packaging was a lie.
    The instruction booklet inserted with the games states that you can configure the controls, and you can't. The control of Lara is loose, you really can't make her function steadily. It's frustrating!
    Freezing up, slow motion moves, and other assorted bugs are just a few of the many things that turned us off.

The color is beautiful, graphics are awesome and Lara looks great. But if you're looking for the TR we all fell in love with, this AOD doesn't come close at all. If you are new to TR and never fell in love with past games you will probably be okay with the AOD. Serious fans of the series like my family and friends who've bought every game and made TR popular in today's gaming market expected more.. what a disappointment.

I'm going to try and return my AOD to the game store, if they can't give me my money back it's going on Ebay. I'm going to see if the PC game is any better and I'll give that a try.

I loved TR so much. Now there's nothing to look forward to. The elements of the game, like the music, the freedom to hang on that ledge, back flips while shooting, and many more are all gone.
    This has to be our biggest disappointment ever.

So I quess I'll just get out the old TR 1 and work my way up through the Lost Artifact. That might do me till someone comes up with a TR that compares with the great TRs of the past!

Please rent before you invest.

Well my answer to this is YES because Lar's is in the game and she kicks major butt. oh by the way I haven't got the game hmmmmmmmm

I guess frugo might be joking about the pigs thing. But he thought "the controls are bad" is not an excuse to dislike the game. Well if the controls are bad, how am i gona play it.

Originally posted by tomb_raiding
    Nop it isn't worth your money, if go and buy a ETMatrix for PC would be better

j/k

I voted yes or shoulda I say HELL yes, but that wasn't an option
    Yes tomb_raiding I love ETM with all my heart too, but I think that AOD will definetely be worth the money. I really don't think that ETM can be compared to other games because there is NEVER going to be another game where you can dodge bullets or run up walls or fight agents. That is just not the world we live in. And most games are more realistic than ETM so they will not be on the same scale. THEREFORE, in Tomb Raider context, I think that AOD will be great! Mind you, I don't quite know cause I'm still waiting for the PC version!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast