Thread: Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

As a die-hard Dragon Quest fan, I strongly hope Square Enix brings Dragon Quest VII 3DS to the US. We shouldn't be deprived of such a grand RPG.

And I wont even ask for the DQ Monsters 3DS games, but PLEASE bring DQ VII 3DS to the US.

Originally Posted by MagFaiyaz
    As a die-hard Dragon Quest fan, I strongly hope Square Enix brings Dragon Quest VII 3DS to the US. We shouldn't be deprived of such a grand RPG.

And I wont even ask for the DQ Monsters 3DS games, but PLEASE bring DQ VII 3DS to the US.
    as long as NA gets Dragon Quest VII in some shape or form, PS1 Classic or 3DS remake
    if they don't then oh well, I have a physical copy of Dragon Warrior VII in my possession, same with Saga Frontier and Frontier 2, I just finished a playthrough of SF2 earlier today

The lack of localizations would be so much less frustrating if only we were to receive an occasional bit of news. Should we give up hope? Is something coming eventually? It would be grand if Square-Enix would show some love for their fans and keep us in the loop to some extent. Even a yes or no would be appreciated, I'm sure.

I have really enjoyed the series, and part 7 still holds a special place in my heart as it was the last Dragon Warrior game I got in my old house, and the last one my mom bought me before she passed away. I really want to see an upgraded version, and see it actually released as a Dragon Quest title. I have been a fan of the series for years, having started by playing the original NES trilogy, which I also hope to one day see in a Dragon Quest title form.

Hey, look at this.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223983-o...ding-stateside
    “NAMCO BANDAI Games has been a proud publisher of ONE PIECE games for many years, and with the astonishing global popularity of the manga series and support of the devoted fans, we are thrilled to be localizing ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red for the Americas,” said Chris Gilbert, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
    Namco-Bandai is localizing and releasing obscure but popular Japanese property games, because they listen to those games' enthusiastic and devoted fans. Square-Enix, right now Namco-Bandai is better than you. They'll stay that way until you release some Dragon Quest. And you still don't get a penny from me until you do. No Final Fantasy (been wanting to give XIV a go), no Tomb Raider, and if I buy Bravely Default it will be second-hand from Gamestop or a flea market or something.

Snap to it.

As a long time Dragon Quest (North American)fan, it's been a frustrating few years. Nintendo has bent over backwards to try and help Square-enix market and localize the series in North America.

Dragon Warrior Monsters was my first played game of the series. On a flight out from O'hare airport, I bought it from a kiosk; knowing close to nothing about the game. Every other kid grew up with pokemon, but not me. I was breeding monsters and slinging sirloins. I quickly picked up every other Dragon Quest title I could get my hands on. DW 1&2 were great, 3 was fantastic. More recently, I remember waiting for news on Dragon Quest: Joker 2's release date to show up in NA. It never came. Then I was excited for VII to get a port, which also never came. Then I heard that the original Monsters game was getting a 3ds remake. I was ready to part with my angst, and forgive Squeenix. After all, they made my favorite game of all time, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars. A fresh reunion with why I fell in love with square was exactly what I needed! What we all needed. You're like a deadbeat dad, square. Always saying how you're there for your customers, then never following through. (I mean, what ambitious gaming company is ok with a majority of their releases being HD remakes?)

Terry's Wonderland has been out in japan for 2 years, and the remake of the second Monsters game is on 3ds for Japan as well. What's the holdup for porting these to the US? I keep looking for answers and can't find any other than that your hands have gone numb after sitting on them for so long. You aren't the company I used to love, and you've lost a loyal customer.

The response is easy. No Dragon Quest, no money for Square-Enix from me. Plain and simple. I try to get as many people as possible to do the same and help get the message across.

This needs to happen, DQVII 3DS, thats the only reason why i bought a 3DS in the first place, that and atlus games. SE PLEASE let at least nintendo localize it...

Same here. FF14 looks fun, and they'd be getting money from me monthly, but alas, if I want to play an MMO I'll go back to WoW and give them the cash SE could be getting. No DQ, no money!

Spread the message, everyone. Spread it on S-E's Twitter, Facebook, blog posts, everywhere you possibly can. Let them know there's a dedicated market for the Dragon Quest franchise outside of glorious privileged Nippon, and the longer they wait to do anything about it, the more business they'll lose. Encourage as many people as possible to help send the same message.

If nothing else, in the end they won't be able to say, "we didn't know you wanted it." No excuses.

Originally Posted by KaboomKrusader
    Spread the message, everyone. Spread it on S-E's Twitter, Facebook, blog posts, everywhere you possibly can. Let them know there's a dedicated market for the Dragon Quest franchise outside of glorious privileged Nippon, and the longer they wait to do anything about it, the more business they'll lose. Encourage as many people as possible to help send the same message.

If nothing else, in the end they won't be able to say, "we didn't know you wanted it." No excuses.
    Banned for telling the truth and making it known!

You are more than welcome to tell the truth, but please do it in the appropriate thread from now on.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    You are more than welcome to tell the truth, but please do it in the appropriate thread from now on.
    Oh, bull! Every DQ fan should be spamming the living hell out of EVERY topic on this board! We've been treated like garbage and given lame, pathetic excuses (read: lies) from SE over this matter. In Nintendo's hand DQ9, DQ6 and even Fortune Street sold well. What's not appropriate is the lack of people taking initiative and spamming the living hell out of these boards. Oh well, you can ban me next, but it won't stop me. I will return in one form or another, and I will continue to voice my opinion.

"Spamming the living hell out of every thread on the forum" will just get you, and anyone following your lead, banned, and it will just make the fans look like trolls. That will really do nothing good to your cause. Most likely the opposite...

There's a fine line between "campaigning" and "spamming," but we need to push the former as far as possible.
    Last edited by KaboomKrusader; 15th Apr 2014 at 17:58.

We want all the 3ds DQ games in Europe! It's my fav series and its a shame that SQEX doesnt love it (outside Japan). I imported a Japanese 3ds only to play these games because i couldnt wait any more. And you know what? I'm enjoying these games a lot but i'd enjoy them a lot more if i could actually understand them.
    Are we ever gonna see a new DQ localization or can we already give up? It'd be less painful if we knew from SQEX that there won't be any new release, but instead, they/you remain silent. Maybe now that Bravely Default made good numbers we might have a chance...

Also, how is it that there isnt a single DQ title in the "Games" section of the main site?

There are no DQ games on that link because for the last five years, Nintendo is the sole publisher of the franchise outside Japan.

http://dragonquest.nintendo.com/

Thanks for the link.
    But what about DQIV,DQV, DQVIII and DQMJ? They weren't published by Nintendo...

I encourage you to join me and others in boycotting Square-Enix's other games and products, until DQ7 here (or any other recent Dragon Quest titles for that matter) gets localized for release outside of Japan.

It's up to you if you want to boycott, but personally I think it will make things worse, as these games usually don't sell very much anyway. So if people boycott the games, Square Enix will localize even less games in the future. What you should try to do instead is bringing more and more attention to them about the huge demand for this game in the west. The reason why they didn't localize it is probably because they think it won't sell well or that they think there is little interest in the game overseas. I'm glad Bravely Default sold well, this could encourage them to localize more games or work with Nintendo on them.

Originally Posted by moooka
    What you should try to do instead is bringing more and more attention to them about the huge demand for this game in the west.
    Oh trust me, I do that. At every opportunity, via every channel and method I have access to (Facebook, Twitter, this very forum, etc), I repeatedly and plainly seek to send a message of "LOCALIZE MORE DRAGON QUEST." If we never get these games in the West, there is a 0% chance of S-E getting away with saying, "we didn't know anyone wanted it." I will be there to call bulls*** on that before you can say "slime."

But at the same time, as far as supporting similar games goes... the last thing I want to do is send a message of, "oh, I'll just buy whatever you release, with or without Dragon Quest."

Slurping up "Final Fantasy port/semi-sequel #275,204" will only show support for Final Fantasy, not Dragon Quest. Bending over and taking "AAA multi-million-dollar generic third-person shooter/adventure game #164,835" will only show support for such games. Even snatching up Bravely Default will show support for Bravely Default, not Dragon Quest.

If at any point Square-Enix had said, "localization of future Dragon Quest titles is undetermined, and will be decided by the success of similar games," then I'd already own at least Bravely Default, and maybe even another Final Fantasy game or two. But that's not the case. The recent Wii/WiiU/3DS games have not even been acknowledged by Square-Enix USA. There are no DQ products available on the store. The existence of this DQ subforum and the DQX crossover with FFXIV are the only indications we have that S-E USA even knows the franchise exists. For all practical intents and purposes, it's as if they're outright ignoring Dragon Quest.

It's like if you go to a certain well-known diner, and you really want a burger. The place is famous for the awesome burgers they've had since they opened, and you've enjoyed these burgers there many times before. You can even SEE a stack of burger patties in the kitchen, just waiting to be cooked and served up. But burgers aren't on the menu for some reason. When you ask the waitress about the burgers, she won't answer your question or even acknowledge that you asked it. All she does is keep pushing chicken sandwiches instead. "Have you had our chicken sandwich? I'd highly recommend the chicken sandwich. We make a great chicken sandwich. Would you like to try the Chicken Sandwich XIII-2 ? Please? We'll dress up the chicken sandwich to look like previous chicken sandwiches!"

So... no. My message, and the one I encourage others to adopt and help me spread, is a plain and simple one. "If you want my support for other franchises, then show support for the one I actually want: Dragon Quest." Until that happens, S-E has given me zero reason to buy any other games. There is no incentive whatsoever to support other franchises when there's no indication that it will help the franchise I actually like and want.
    Last edited by KaboomKrusader; 12th May 2014 at 02:03.

So Square-Enix USA has about 20 hours until I go out tomorrow afternoon, buy me a PayPal MoneyPak card, and then spend $30 to buy me a nice, shiny, still-sealed second-hand copy of Bravely Default off of eBay.

If they announce some Dragon Quest localizations before that, then I'll buy BD new instead, maybe even directly from their store or something if that's an option.

...Your move, Square-Enix. Time's running out.

If either Square-Enix or Nintendo don't make any Dragon Quest announcements by the end of E3, then I will give up hope of any localisations. I brought every Dragon Quest game on the DS, Wii, PS2 and am a die hard fan. Surely the Bravely Default success story in the West let them know the demand for traditional jrpg's is still burning strong. I can only hope we hear something shortly as I miss one of my favorite series of all time.

There are rumours that Nintendo will announce it at e3.

Maybe, just MAYBE I'll hold off just a few more weeks to purchase Bravely Default used. See what happens at e3.

Page 4 of 6 First First 123456 Last