Thread: Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

Bring the Dragon Quest series to us!

DQ's localization is handled by Nintendo.

Originally Posted by moooka
    DQ's localization is handled by Nintendo.
    It was last time, but it doesn't have to be. Either way, Square-Enix would still have a major say in it.

"You have your moderators posting neat little news tidbits about anything Dragon Quest that pops up. Especially about the slew of newer games that are doing so well over in Japan."

Why, thank you. ^_-
    However, the word "moderators" should be in the singular form.

You're welcome, and duly noted.

So, Square-Enix? Still waiting on those localization announcements. If you want my money for ANYTHING, you know how to get it. I'm speaking with my wallet here — No money for you from me until it's for some "new" (i.e. "already out in Japan for over a year now") Dragon Quest software. I'd really like to grab Just Cause 2 on Steam the next time it's on sale, or Bravely Default when it's released. But if nothing Dragon Quest has been announced for North America yet when those things happen... well, then we'll both just have to miss out. And yes, I've already shown my support by buying Dragon Quest software. LOTS of it. And I want to buy more.

Like I said, I don't care if the stuff takes a long time to be translated and released, and we don't get any of 'em until 2015 or something. That's fine with me, so long as we know it's coming out AT ALL. Just freakin' say something already.

I second this motion. Where the heck are the games? If it takes until the end of freaking 2014 to get VII on 3DS that's fine, but PLEASE DO NOT LOCALIZE ANY OF THE STUPID MOBILE PHONE PORTS OVER IT. I would rather eat rusty nails than play DQ on a phone, and knowing how horrible the FF ports are the DQ ones will be just as bad. And bring X over here too, even if it's only on PC.

I'm feelin' a lil' "Dragon Questy". But, the games need to show up on the PS3 or PS4 for me. Also, they need to be non-MMORPG. I can keep dreaming, I guess. I'm used to it at this point.

Another week, another "reminder." Personal boycott of all Square-Enix products until Dragon Quest is officially announced for North America. Let's see it happen already.

Originally Posted by alanman178
    I'm feelin' a lil' "Dragon Questy". But, the games need to show up on the PS3 or PS4 for me. Also, they need to be non-MMORPG. I can keep dreaming, I guess. I'm used to it at this point.
    Yeah, not gonna happen. Square Enix now decided to make their Japanese division focused on mobile phone games. This means we're never getting DQ games on anything but mobile phones and maybe the 3DS.

Originally Posted by Zeether
    Yeah, not gonna happen. Square Enix now decided to make their Japanese division focused on mobile phone games. This means we're never getting DQ games on anything but mobile phones and maybe the 3DS.
    Yet again, the "quick buck" over big-screen epicness. More people out in public buried in their small screens. The sky could be falling and they wouldn't see it.

This series sure has taken a beating. For me, DQ8 is the only game in the series that has really stuck out since the early '90's. Personally, I think the DQ series has been treated worse than the FF series. That's my opinion of it anyways.

So Nintendo's airing a new 3DS-centric Nintendo Direct for North America tomorrow. Are we going to hear anything about Dragon Quest, or will this one be a waste of my time like the last several were?

Well, not unexpectedly, another Nintendo Direct passes without news of Dragon Quest. Lots about Bravely Default, though.

Tell me, Square-Enix powers-that-be. Will buying Bravely Default: Flying Fairy help or hurt the chances for these new Dragon Quest games to be localized next? Will buying it send a message of, "we want THIS game (BDFF) more than others?" Or will it send a message of "we want as many JRPGs as you can give us?" I want to buy Bravely Default. I want to pre-order and snatch up the fancy collector's edition. But I need to be sure of what message that will send in regards to the games I truly want most.

I knew there wouldn't be a DQ announcement at that Nintendo Direct, I think Nintendo will localize it after Bravely Default is released and sells well.
    Last edited by moooka; 14th Nov 2013 at 11:45.

I'm starting to suspect the same thing, but I'm hesitant to "speak with my wallet," so to say, before I know exactly what message I'd be sending.

I'm going to buy Bravely Default regardless, but I HOPE TO GOD that if it does well Nintendo will take on localizing DQVII or DQM/DQM2's remakes. If Square Enix is going to change their stupid business model to focusing on mobile games then Nintendo may as well pick up the slack and show Square Enix that portable systems are still a viable platform and not smartphone cash-in crap with IAP and horrible graphics/UI.

And if it's still not enough? Operation Slimefall will happen.

Here's how this is going to work, Square-Enix NA.

I've got Bravely Default pre-ordered. I want to buy it in February. But I will only do so if we've had some Dragon Quest localization announcements. OR, at the very least, if we have an official statement that buying and supporting titles like Bravely Default will help get more "obscure" JRPG series like Dragon Quest localized. You want my money for BD or anything else in the future, then give me a reason to let you have it.

Namco-Bandai is also giving us the One Piece 3DS game we've been asking for, because they're actually willing to throw that series' fans a bone now and then. I've got that pre-ordered for its February release as well, and I'm sure I'll be able to have plenty of fun with it instead of Bravely Default.

Your move.

I see I'm not the only one that refuses to give a penny to the likes of SE until they cough up the Dragon Quest. I really want to purchase a download of FF Origins on my PS3, but until they stop treating DQ like crap, I can only resort to the second hand market.

I'm serious SE: NOT ONE PENNY UNLESS WE GET ANOTHER DQ ANNOUNCEMENT!

operationedenverse.com . Just go there and send all your friends. Trust me- its happened, we just need more people,

I'm still going to get Bravely Default either way, because I want it. But if there's no official support shown for Dragon Quest by Square-Enix by then, I'll just get BD second-hand instead. Off of eBay, or Craigslist, or something. Even the collector's edition if I can.

Originally Posted by moooka
    You forgot DQ1 mobile which was released in November.
    Yeah, in Japan. Like all the other games for the 3DS/Wii/WiiU over the past 2 years that we're pining for localized versions of.

Actually my message was directed at somebody else in another topic, the moderator merged it here but I don't see the original person's message.

Anudjinni's posts have been deleted due to a violation of the forum rules.

Another month gone by, another Nintendo Direct aired, and still no Dragon Quest announcements.

I get my big ol' tax return in a few weeks, and I'll be using part of it to buy Bravely Default. Whether or not I buy it retail (meaning you get the money) or second-hand via eBay or something (meaning you DON'T get the money) depends on if any Dragon Quest localizations have been announced. So you've basically got a ticking countdown of a few weeks to decide if you EVER want my money for this particular game.

I'm not screwing around. Square-Enix can continue to support and release the Dragon Quest series in the West, or they can kiss my business goodbye for good. I hope as many people as possible will follow my example.
    Last edited by KaboomKrusader; 16th Feb 2014 at 02:58.

I hope the NES versions of Dragon Quest I, II and III get released on the 3DS and Wii U eshops

all three are already in English so it shouldn't be too difficult for S-E to do

Dragon Quest X looks good for the WiiU I would like for that to come out for us and the rest of the Dragon quest game we didn't get but it makes me wonder why they are holding back on giving us more Dragon quest games?

Page 3 of 6 First First 123456 Last