Thread: Copyright question!

Copyright question!

Copyright question!

Hey all,

I'm workin on an online mapmaker but I'm trying to make it a perfect copy (I feel that I can) and I wanted to use screen shots of some of the icons for items and objects etc and I just wanted to know if thats a no no!

Thx

Ab ^_^
    Plat: 66
    100% complete
    NGC-Elites Rank: 65
    http://ngc-elites.net/ts2/members.php?id=771

hm?

Online mapmaker?

yah!!

doesnt anyone know what an online mapmaker is??

its a mapmaker you use online so you can send your maps to people without having to own an xport thingy or whatever!

Theres allready an online mapmaker here;

http://www.geocities.com/editmap/editmap.html

I just thought it would be nice to have one with all the options (lights, enemies, gamelogic etc)

Maybe I should've posted this topic in the mapmaker forum

Ab ^_^

BTW if a mod sees this, sorry for posting this topic here and if possible could ya move it? thx.

oh

Have you been to timesplitters2.net ? There's a logic maker there.

Cool

Cool idea!

I'm searching for somethingsimilar for my web site, but I'm not sure if I can use stills from the game, edit them in Photoshop and stick them there.
    I'm sure the copyright law says something about "you can't use anything from the game for profit".. Well, we're not doint it for profit, are we?
    We just want out sites to be cool.

Maybe the Monkey knows?

Originally posted by invizegoth
    I'm sure the copyright law says something about "you can't use anything from the game for profit".. Well, we're not doint it for profit, are we?
    We just want out sites to be cool.

Maybe the Monkey knows?
    Basically if you are not making money from anything (selling a copy), or you are not reducing the profits of the copyright holder (giving away something for free that they are selling)... then it is generally accepted that most utilities which encourage the map-modding community are welcome.

As there is no online mapmaker then there is no product being copied. However, just to be on the safe side it would probably be best to modify your graphics so that they aren't exactly the same as the original. Also include a disclaimer such as: This site and the online mapmaker are not made or supported by Free Radical and Eidos Interactive.

Generally speaking, things to stay away from: hacking, cracking, warez, pirating. If you aren't doing any of these things you should be fine.

MMM

How are you gonna get a Flash editor to interact w/ TS?

Tyler

Originally posted by gamedev
    How are you gonna get a Flash editor to interact w/ TS?

Tyler
    By printing it out and putting it in your copy by hand.

Are we talking about the in game editor for TS2?

-Tyler

Re: Flash interaction

Check EditMap out. You recreate your map in the Flash program, take pictures, then other people look at the pictures, print them out and recreate your map on their copy of TS2.