Thread: Is dragon warrior V & VI for the Super nes real?

Is dragon warrior V & VI for the Super nes real?

I have been trying to get the games that I don't own of the Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest series and have been quite surprised and dismayed to see that there are people selling Dragon Warrior V and Dragon Warrior VI for the Super NES on auction sites. I read Nintendo Power religiously and I am almost positive they never released the games because I loved the first 4 for the NES and would have loved to have continued to get them all. Am I just completely misremembering? Did they actually get legitimately made through Enix/SquareEnix approval for the Super NES? I am already well aware of the DS remakes for the Dragon Quests, so, yes, I do mean the Super NES Dragon Warrior fakes/real games. Thank you!

You gonna BUY?! Those older games really? Try DS remakes they are worth!

Why You want so much the originals?

Dragon Quest (or Warrior) V & VI were not released for SNES outside Japan. So maybe those auctions are for the original Japanese versions, or they're fake/bootleg copies. The SNES (a.k.a. Super Famicom in Japan) versions were fan-translated in the early 2000s, although I think DQ6's SNES version still doesn't have a complete English translation.

Actually Enix originally had plans to localize Dragon Quest VI (SFC version) as "Dragon Warrior V" in North America but it was later cancelled. The only official English releases of Dragon Quest V & VI are the Nintendo DS version.

Originally Posted by imported_Michael
    I have been trying to get the games that I don't own of the Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest series and have been quite surprised and dismayed to see that there are people selling Dragon Warrior V and Dragon Warrior VI for the Super NES on auction sites. I read Nintendo Power religiously and I am almost positive they never released the games because I loved the first 4 for the NES and would have loved to have continued to get them all. Am I just completely misremembering? Did they actually get legitimately made through Enix/SquareEnix approval for the Super NES? I am already well aware of the DS remakes for the Dragon Quests, so, yes, I do mean the Super NES Dragon Warrior fakes/real games. Thank you!

Dragon Quest V and VI only came out in Japan for the Super Famicom

Dragon Quest IV was going to come out for the PS1 in North America(theres an advertisement for it on the back of the Dragon Warrior VII manual) This same version was released on NDS

so the only english releases of Dragon Quest V and VI were on NDS

Thank you both. I though as much. People are definitely hawking a lot of things on eBay and elsewhere occasionally that have made me do a lot of double takes that are definitely major copyright infringement. I've seen "English" SNES and NES versions of a lot of other game series that I know aren't legit North American releases (Secret of Mana II, 7th Saga II [the original was another game I loved and wanted every one they could have ever made that we never got any of], "English" Mother games, and fake Zelda NES fan-made games, to name only a few). I kind of wonder if I could get a job as a copyright protection worker for Nintendo or Square Enix because I'm a loyal fan and would rather see both earn their due money than be exploited blatantly illegally like this. I've reported the seemingly obvious infringements I found. A lot of new collectors have to really know how to research their stuff to know any better than to fall into paying far too much money for illegitimate "English" versions of all of the japanese-only released games. Not to mention the copyright holders get nothing but their titles used for illegal profit and don't see a penny of it that I'm aware of. There's a lot of money in their titles. It's obvious by the prices all the unsanctioned English games for old systems that I've mentioned go for when randomly listed on auction sites. I think a lot of newer collectors think the fake games are real and are needed to complete English sets and such. Many of the fake games even have illegitimately used Nintendo Seals of Quality and copyright holders shown and everything, so it's not hard to see why. Anyway, thanks again!

Originally Posted by silvergol

Old games can be valuable and, if well taken care of, most often easily gain in value over time. Such is the way of most collectibles, including games. The remakes are fun to explore too, so I try to get both. It's fun to see the differences in the remakes and appreciate the enhancements. I was originally hardcore Nintendo only, so now I'm trying to catch up on the ones I've missed for both Nintendo & other systems.

Old school games are totally retro. Most are quite fun too. Old action games are often much harder to beat or master on average, too. So you can get something of value to share and have a lot fun doing so. New games are also quite worthwhile in their cheaper prices and bigger experiences for the money, but a lot of old role-playing games and other games are worth a lot now because they were more uncommon, huge in scope and very satisfying to beat. I try to appreciate the new and the old. That's my take, anyway.

Originally Posted by imported_Michael

Old school games are totally retro. Most are quite fun too. Old action games are often much harder to beat or master on average, too. So you can get something of value to share and have a lot fun doing so. New games are also quite worthwhile in their cheaper prices and bigger experiences for the money, but a lot of old role-playing games and other games are worth a lot now because they were more uncommon, huge in scope and very satisfying to beat. I try to appreciate the new and the old. That's my take, anyway.

there aren't a whole lot of games these days that are as fun as games released in the 80s and 90s were

Super Castlevania IV and Castlevania Symphony of the Night are two of those classics that have been copied many times with releases on the gba and ds but they just weren't the same...

as with Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest

Square Enix really needs to take a step backwards and look at what made past games in those two series so great

Square Enix needs to release more of their games on the 3DS Virtual Console and Playstation Store

These need to be added to the 3DS Virtual Console
    Final Fantasy(NES), Final Fantasy II(FC), Final Fantasy III(FC),
    Final Fantasy Legend/Saga(GB), Final Fantasy Legend 2/Saga 2(GB)
    Final Fantasy Legend 3/Saga 3(GB), Star Ocean Blue Sphere(GBC)
    Sword of Mana(GBA), Final Fantasy I and II Dawn of Souls(GBA)
    Final Fantasy IV Advance(GBA), Final Fantasy V Advance(GBA)
    Final Fantasy VI Advance(GBA)

These need to be added to the Playstation Store
    Saga Frontier(PS1), Saga Frontier 2(PS1), Chocobo's Dungeon(PS1),
    Chocobo's Dungeon 2(PS1), Dragon Warrior VII(PS1), Front Mission(PS1),
    Front Mission 2(PS1), Front Mission 4(PS2), Front Mission 5(PS2),
    Dawn of Mana(PS2)

Most of this games are very barely knowed!

I suggest finding copies and trying them out
    people are missing out on good games because they judge games by how detailed they are...
    I didn't have HD quality games growing up, games then didn't need to be that detailed... they all had great story to them like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana