Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Dragon Quest X

Dragon Quest X

Dragon Quest X

/facepalm

Why SE why?

And on the Wii/Wii-U of all systems, you decide to release this as a pay to play MMO?

le sigh~ I really had high hopes for DQX on a new gen console and now my faith in humanity has been ruined.

It's all about the money, eh?

Cha chingggggggg.

Goodness knows I'm gonna be one of the first idiots to buy and play it though lol.

I don't mind the few bucks a month to shell out for a game subscription but... just... why DQ.....

DQ makes more sense for an MMO than FF did, and Horii has wanted to do an MMO since VII.

It's the most logical step after IX, and even then it's not like all are going to be an MMO after it.

I for one am excited at the prospect at a DQ MMO, I played FFXI for 5+ years and know it takes money to maintain and update servers for games like that, and constantly supply updates.

And it goes to the console with the highest userbase out there, which is why VII was on PS1, VIII was on PS2 and IX was on the DS, the Wii has a plethora of machines out there, and the Wii U will probably do similar.

The beta has been great so far, when it was first announced everyone was all "doom and gloom", but people are having a hell of a lot of fun on the beta and say it is DQ, it has that charm, that uniqueness, that .. DQ feeling.

Final Fantasy XI took that series online, remained incredibly faithful to the series' roots and was both a great Final Fantasy and a great MMO, so I'm going to give Dragon Quest X a chance. Assuming the game is released outside of Japan, anyway.

I'm not sure a traditional monthly fee would be the right way to go though. Not that it necessarily has to be free-to-play, but a lower monthly fee along the lines of $10, or even $5, combined with the sale of smaller, non-essential content would probably greatly raise the game's chances of surviving.

FFXI is the only reason why I will give DQX a chance as well, although they kind of dropped the ball with FFXIV XD

I loved FFXI to death, and remain a faithful player to this day from NA release (Woo Valefor!)

At least SE isn't taking the route of Blizzard and Diablo 3, nixing the P2P for micro transactions to fill their coffers lol

I would honestly rather see a full blown new-gen addition to the series like VIII

Originally Posted by Tonyr86

FFXI is the only reason why I will give DQX a chance as well, although they kind of dropped the ball with FFXIV XD

I loved FFXI to death, and remain a faithful player to this day from NA release (Woo Valefor!)

At least SE isn't taking the route of Blizzard and Diablo 3, nixing the P2P for micro transactions to fill their coffers lol

I would honestly rather see a full blown new-gen addition to the series like VIII

X is that, just in MMO form, so there you go. :P

Wii U version will just feature enhanced graphics.

And if that isn't enough for you, wait until XI for a new single player DQ, though what system that goes on depends entirely on how well they sell.

So that cuts out anything Microsoft due to the sales in Japan, not so sure on the "PS4", so 3DS or Wii U is most likely.

And they've come a long way with XIV, they know they screwed up and they are fixing it, and by the time 2.0 rolls out I expect it to feel vastly different from launch.

Yeah I played up until it was P2P again and once 2.0 is released, I'm gonna give it another shot :P It looks like they're finally taking it in the right direction *crosses fingers*

I'm going to remain on the edge of my seat for DQX I suppose, we'll just have to see how it all pans out ;D I just never expected to see the words DQ and MMO in the same sentence ;D but change is always good I suppose ;P

I trust Horii, and it's still those main 3 behind it, Horii, Toriyama and Sugiyama, just with SE handling development duties instead of say Level 5 or ArtePiazza, but it's coming from them.

And from what I've seen of the beta, it looks exceptional.

Planning on rolling a Puklipo (sp?) when it rolls out in NA, probably won't get the Wii version here, but I do expect to see the Wii U release.

I've never really been able to get into MMOs. I tried FFXI for a while. I love the world and the characters but the gameplay was just monotonous. I ended up just watching all of the story cutscenes online. They are fantastic.

When was the last time you laid hands on FFXI Silver? It's changed by leaps and bounds over the years, depending on which 'era' you come from in it's history :P

I think alot of the "newer" updates make the gameplay/grinding alot less stressful on you lol especially level sync

Why are they releasing this on the Wii though? I thought the Wii was dead in NA? The only games we're still waiting for are The Last Story and Pandora's Tower?

Originally Posted by Tonyr86

When was the last time you laid hands on FFXI Silver? It's changed by leaps and bounds over the years, depending on which 'era' you come from in it's history :P

I think alot of the "newer" updates make the gameplay/grinding alot less stressful on you lol especially level sync

It was back in 2007 or 2008. I know it's gotten a lot better since then. I'm interested in playing through all of the major storylines and any quests that interest me, but it'll still be very time consuming and I have a lot of other games to play and not as much free time as I used to have. I had a lot of trouble finding parties last time I played.

I have little interest in end game MMO content. Just endlessly grinding for equipment doesn't exactly appeal to me.

I don't know if level sync was around when you played, but that has made getting parties easier by leaps and bounds. Not to mention if you happen to go sit in Abyssea with some people and let them kill mobs while you just run back and forth completing pages and getting nice xp :P

Originally Posted by Hyro

Why are they releasing this on the Wii though? I thought the Wii was dead in NA? The only games we're still waiting for are The Last Story and Pandora's Tower?

Cause it's releasing in August in Japan and the Wii U won't be out by then, and the Wii isn't dead in Japan, which is the main demographic for DQ.

There is going to be an enhanced Wii U version with better graphics, so it's not that bad.

Dragon Quest X

Dragon Quest is definitely my favorite series. I am looking forward to Dragon Quest X. Online games are not really my cup of tea, but since this is my favorite series I plan to play through the online parts as well. Is there anyone else that is looking forward to DQ X?

Dragon Quest X Packaging Images

andriasang.com/con1ds/more_dqx_packaging...

Yeah DQ X looks awesome. I can't wait to go on adventures with friends all over the country. So cool.

What racewould ya'll pick? I'd like to stay human, but if I had to pick a race it would be ogre. or the fish people

Dragon Quest X Wii Hardware Bundle Announced

andriasang.com/con1eq/dqx_wii_bundle/

Hoping we hear news of DQX in NA sooner as opposed to later, even if we only get the Wii U release.

"Dragon Quest X Free "Kids Time" Schedule Announced"

andriasang.com/con1gs/dqx_kids_time/

Well ja of course we want to hear something. These games take awhile to localize, and that's especially hard when a game hasn't been released in japan yet. We'll probs hear about terry before we hear about X

I wish Terry's wonderland had DQX monsters. At least DQIX's final boss.

Oh, I'd be a Puklipo or an Elf.

I wish Terry's wonderland had DQX monsters. At least DQIX's final boss.

Oh, I'd be a Puklipo or an Elf.

So! Is SE themselves developing DQX? Wow, this is their first isn't it? (Chunsoft, Level 5, ArtePiazza, Heartbeat)

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last