Thread: Temporal Rifts

Temporal Rifts

Temporal Rifts are decidedly a major puzzle element to FINAL FANTASY XIII-2's gameplay. There are three kinds of Rifts scattered throughout the game, and although they are largely optional you do need to complete a handful to advance the game.

<ul>[*]Tile Trial: Make a path from start to goal, without backtracking while collecting all crystals on the field.[*]Crystal Link: Connect pairs of crystals to form constellations before time runs out.[*]Hands of Time: A number puzzle where you need to activate glyphs in succession until they are all used, sometimes before time runs out.[/list]
    These were... interesting, and sometimes hair pulling experiences (especially Hands of Time), but I love the satisfaction of completing these puzzles.

How did you do on Temporal Rifts?

I HATE Hands of Time. I spent at least 20 minutes on one of them. Other than that they were nice little puzzles. A few of the tile ones where the crystals switch spots were really challenging.

Yep, the advanced Tile Trials were a little difficult.

For Temoral Rifts, I had times where my family ould get involved: the thre of use each had our "specialties" as it were, but we'd help each other out on some of the more difficult Hands of Time puzzles. Some of the ones that randomize every time were the moments where we could spend as much as an hour trying to figure, other ones we could finish the first try!

At first for the hands of time I just gave up and used the hands of time solver, but I was playing through again and just felt more patient so I actually attempted all of them and my understanding of how to do them clicked, in the end I actually enjoyed it. The Temporal rift gave me some trouble too, it took me bout an hour on most those puzzles too.

The Cystal links were so easy though lol, but were sorta relaxing in a way

Hands of Time. Eesh. I like the others pretty well though. Even so, I'd rather play Hands of Time than I ever would dodge 200 lightning bolts, run through butterfly-infested paths, or get less than 0:00 in a chocobo race.

A little Math will do.

That's true. For most of the Hands puzzles, all you need to do is step back and do a bit of math and they're not too hard. Otherwise it's just trial and error.

The clock puzzles that had no timer on it was easy but the 1's with a timer are impossible 2 get past even with using math. Each time you retry the puzzle changes. Im stuck on the moogle clock puzzles in oerba 200af/300af

Oh god, the Hands of Time. I dreaded those each time. On balance, I found them way more frustrating than fun but it was pretty satisfying when I finally solved them. The other two puzzles where pretty run of the mill - not much challenge to them, really, but pleasant to run though.