Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Thread: Your Avatar

Your Avatar

FAQ: Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures.
    --------------------------------

Talk about your avatar here in this thread.

Why did you choose your avatar and what/who does it feature?

Mine: Grimoire Valentine
    Full artwork:
    semna30.webs.com/G_Avatar_Full.jpg
    semna27.webs.com/The_Grimoire_Reaper.jpg

Favourite avatar?
    Questions? Answers? Thoughts? Go ahead.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 16th Nov 2014 at 18:21.

You should have got a message stating that a moderator has to approve it first. It's part of the process, so just be patient!

Thanks! I just do not know!

You're welcome!

I know that for mine it took a couple of hours for it to show up, but the turnover rate might vary depending on how many requests they get.

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+
    You should have got a message stating that a moderator has to approve it first. It's part of the process, so just be patient!
    Does the message show up on-site, or at one's registered email address? I didn't get a message at either one. When I tried to upload a JPEG, it said "Ready to Upload" but once the progress bar filled up I was automatically taken to my home page.

What size was your avatar pic? Maybe there's a limit. I went down to 30KB but still no go. SMH

It should appear (and fade away) right here:

semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_Avatar_Message.j...

At least it did for me. You shouldn't have been able to miss it if it did.

After uploading it, it took about seven hours or so before the avatar was approved and showed up.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    It should appear (and fade away) right here:

semna30.webs.com/SEM_NA_Avatar_Message.j...

At least it did for me. You shouldn't have been able to miss it if it did.

After uploading it, it took about seven hours or so before the avatar was approved and showed up.
    Bwaha, my habit of scrolling down before a page finishes loading...^_^; Well well, I guess a moderator's gonna be mad at me for "changing" my avatar 4 times in 2 days? FAIL

Thanks for the specifics!

Talk about your avatar here in this thread.

Why did you choose your avatar and what/who does it feature?

Mine: Grimoire Valentine
    Full artwork:
    semna30.webs.com/G_Avatar_Full.jpg
    semna27.webs.com/The_Grimoire_Reaper.jpg

Feel free to discuss the avatar system in general, as well as the SEM EU and the SEM JP avatars.

Favourite avatar? Which system do you prefer?
    Questions? Answers? Thoughts? Go ahead.

-How do I add an avatar?-
    Click SETTINGS --> CHANGE AVATAR --> UPLOAD PHOTOS --> Add from my computer (choose a .jpg picture)--> START UPLOAD --> FINISHED --> SELECT PHOTO ---> And then wait for an admin to approve your avatar.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349...!?

-Do not choose inappropriate or explicit images as your avatar.
    -If you ever had a favorite character from a series, feel free to use them!* A lot of avatars on the forums come from FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS.
    -See if you can choose an avatar that matches your personality.
    -Try not to change your avatar too often because other members might not recognize you.
    -You can also choose an avatar to match your username. Example: A Sephiroth avatar if your username has "Sephiroth" in it.
    -See if you can choose small-sized images. The smaller the image, the faster the pages will load. Optimal dimensions for avatars are 125 x 127 pixels, but if you can't, images bigger than these dimensions are okay too.

3D avatar (quoting Mr. Peeler):
    "While I understand there are users who miss the old avatar format, we have no plans to return to the previous system."
    Last edited by Grimoire; 17th Mar 2014 at 17:50.

Link:

The Japanese SEM Avatar Gallery. It truly is amazing.

member.square-enix.com/jp/avatar/gallery...

Mine is Rem Tokimiya of FFType-0

I choose that one because it's the SE game I'm current playing, and I think she's cute >w<

the link of it www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/images/tw...

Mine is Kain telling Mario to jump. That's it really.

My avatar right now is me!

Mine is Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Mine is Amano artwork of Quina Quen, surprise

The one and only Thunder God Cid! (Count Cidolfus Orlandeau)

My favorite character upon the vast world of FF

Moustache Rarity

Because I can

Now time to get ready for E3

Adult Hope from Final Fantasy XIII-2. Because he's my favorite game character.

Mine's one of those skull-butterfly keytar-playing things from Adventure Time. Because... I don't know

Mine is Cloud as a girl with glasses... because it's gorgeous.... no big deal..

Serah Farron. She's super hot, and my favorite Final Fantasy character. And oh, Mog too. "You play rough, Kupo".

Right now, it's a graphics thing I made in GIMP. I used to be heavy into making avatar and signature graphics, but I haven't really had much time or patience to do it recently.

I have a Japanese SEM account, as well, so I'm familiar with the 3D avatars that we also used to have. Mine over there has parts mostly purchased with for free and with a small amount of points, but many items and poses nowadays (such as those for holidays or costumes for game characters) have to be unlocked with Crysta, which you have to use real money to obtain. Brouwsing through everything avatar related over on the Japanese SEM makes me think about the vast unused potential that our old 3D avatars could have attained.

Mine is of a still of the vocalist from one of my favorite band's music videos, BUCK-TICK: Romance.
    "I dreamt I was a moron"- Squall Leonhart

Mine is Sima Yi from Dynasty Warriors 5. He's my favorite evil strategist with the best evil laugh.... (until they changed his voice for 6....)

Mine is Death Emizel (aka Rascal P. Coltrane), from Disgaea 4. I like his personality, and I totally love his design.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Mine is just a guy sleeping with his favorite sword.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last