Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Best DQ Series Title Ever?

Best DQ Series Title Ever?

Ok.

Those who know me on here know that I have serious love for this installment of the DQ series. I've played a number of the previous DQ titles, including DQ VIII, but even with all of the time I've given to other DQ games, none quite enchanted me like DQ IX. For me at least, this game had it all: storyline, dungeon crawling, Alchemy Pot antics, side quests out the wazoo and.... Slimes. Don't get me wrong, all of the DQ games are quite wonderful, but this one for me will be very difficult to top. Did I mention that this game has Sanguinis, which are so cute as to possibly usurp (uslurp) the Slime as a de-facto Dragon Quest series mascot?!

This is the place to give your love to the finest DQ game to date!

DQVII will always be my favorite, though V, VI and VIII aren't far behind.

I love the time travel aspect, saving the islands in the past, having them appear in the future.

Monster park, immigrant town based on the immigrants in it, the story, characters.
    The fact it's a beast of a game.

Mine would have to be the very first one for NES. So when it was called Dragon Warrior. That one had it all to me. Loved the battle music and the overworld music as you're walking along. I was very young when I got that game and I fell in love with it so to speak. Could never figure out how to get to the ending area on my own though. Managed to get Erdricks Armor on my own though with no help. Had to use gamefaqs (I think) to find the orb 4 spaces south of the bath at Kol (I think). But once I got that I was able to do the rest on my own.

I have only played this one and V and... to be honest... I can't get into IX enough to get past the first town. Wasn't as interesting or fun as V was for me (and I never even beat V!)

lol I think this topic should be in DQ general, BUT anywhoozle.

I still think VIII is the high point of the series, followed closely by V and then by IX

VIII was fantastic, a true masterpiece of the RPG genre, no more needs to be said. V had a very personal story, everything was spot on, and deep, it just hit home, not to mention, you get Killing Machine in your party, done deal.

And IX is an amazing adventure, that brings back cool features of III, splices in some of VIII's goodies, and creates a cool world full of deep stories, and addicting gameplay, not to mention, there's so much content, even once you finish the game, there's loads more quests to do, and if you find nothing a challange by the end of all your training, you can fight the legacy bosses and level them up to test the limit of your power.

It's a shame that there are entries in the series that are hard to obtain ala I-II-III and VII. If only we could get the wii collection and a new version of VII, admittingly I just want that tini medal

Sadly, i've only played two dragon quest games, IX & Monster Joker.

So, i dont have the expierience in DQ to choose a favorite game, but i guess IX was better than Monster Joker because i used cheats.

Originally Posted by tyree
    Sadly, i've only played two dragon quest games, IX & Monster Joker.

So, i dont have the expierience in DQ to choose a favorite game, but i guess IX was better than Monster Joker because i used cheats.
    XD that's one way to do it lol

in my oppinon IX is the best becuse it is the first one i play all the way tho. also all the extra DLC for IX was great and i would of knon it was there if it worn't for Roto here, roto inspired me to get all the DQ games I have now, witch are all the ones for the DS and PS2. I want to thank Roto for being a big help in the DQ community. thanks Roto.

In my opinion, Dragon Quest IX is one of my tops, close with Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest I. Customization of characters and near multiplayer were nice touches. Only if it could be online. :P

Originally Posted by mark

in my oppinon IX is the best becuse it is the first one i play all the way tho. also all the extra DLC for IX was great and i would of knon it was there if it worn't for Roto here, roto inspired me to get all the DQ games I have now, witch are all the ones for the DS and PS2. I want to thank Roto for being a big help in the DQ community. thanks Roto.

Thank you for joining me on these adventures

Originally Posted by mark

In my opinion, Dragon Quest IX is one of my tops, close with Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest I. Customization of characters and near multiplayer were nice touches. Only if it could be online. :P

Haha that's why X will be so awesome, really though being able to customize is pretty boss

Oh great, some other forums to check on by. But for Dragon Quest... it's totally worth it!!!! And none, Dragon Quest X will surpass IX and VIII combined LOL!! But right now I love DQIX the best!

haha, I imagine getting to slay slimes with my friends will be awesome. but when it comes to the best, it's a close one between V VIII and IX

I think I may go with VIII but it's hard XD

DQ IX is my absolute favorite of the DQ games that I've played and I've spent many a happy hour going over hill and dale smacking Slimes and other things. The Treasure Maps made this a keeper although those Metal Slime Kings vex me with their quickness to flee! >_<#

DQ VIII had a nasty difficulty spike, especially when you come up to your first "real" boss fight against the joker you're chasing. Once past him the first time, the series of bosses after aren't as hard.

Originally Posted by YukiTsubaki
    DQ IX is my absolute favorite of the DQ games that I've played and I've spent many a happy hour going over hill and dale smacking Slimes and other things. The Treasure Maps made this a keeper although those Metal Slime Kings vex me with their quickness to flee! >_<#

DQ VIII had a nasty difficulty spike, especially when you come up to your first "real" boss fight against the joker you're chasing. Once past him the first time, the series of bosses after aren't as hard.
    Yeah Dhoulmagus definately needed some prep, I remember the first time I fought him I had to leave and train some

I've only played DQIX and it's one of my favourite games EVER. So if people are saying that there are other DQ games that are better than IX then wow I need to play them all!

Well for me, there's a certain charm so far I could only find in DQIX and it has to do with the gameplay, I like some other DQ games better than some Final Fantasy games just because of the gameplay but the story of some is even better. Between my favorite FF game combined with my and DQ game I'll go with DQIX.

I consider DQ8 to be the most perfect RPG to date (yes, I have played all DQ games and re-played re-makes + just about every other RPG)

Before that, I would have said Xenogears or FF7

For me it has to be DQVIII. DQ9 follows closely behind however.

DQ8 has the best looks, music, storyline and is a positive bonus when it comes on the ps2. What really brings DQ8 anove DQ9 is the storyline. What DQ9 trades in for customisation it defiantly looses in storyline. For example characters such as Jessica, Angelo, Yangus and Toad add a whole lot more feeling to playing through the whole game.

DQ8 is on the ps3 so I can sit down with my dad and whilst I play through the story he walks around (or whistles with yangus) on 'Howlind Hill'. Whereas on the DS it is more difficult to see everything.

However I do enjoy the larger gameplay of DQ9 and the new class system. DQX I would love to play on but I will probably won't buy a Wii just for playing DQX.

The only other game I have played is DQIV, but I could nether get past the final boss and there is no great place for levelling up.

This is my first post on the forums so sorry if it doesn't fit the bill.

My favorite is DQIX but I'm playing through DQV right now and enjoying it, other than these two I'm playing DQM:J2 and it's okay.

i love III most.

Originally Posted by Jalian

I have only played this one and V and... to be honest... I can't get into IX enough to get past the first town. Wasn't as interesting or fun as V was for me (and I never even beat V!)

wow i need some sleep cuz when isaw DQ dragon quest didnt pop into my mind for like 5 minutes i was about ot starting talking about how much i live Dairy Queen bilzzard and stuff XD

but i played Dragon Quest monsters Joker...and never bveat it cuz it takes forever to elvel up lol im right at the ending where you fightthe chairman guy

My favorite is Dragon Quest nine (you could probably guess)but I liked hand of the heavenly bride and monsters joker 2

Honestly, I'd have to say Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. The title seems to resonate with me.

Hi! Mine's VIII cause its breathtaking story and world. I wish to experience it on Vita along with hand Of The Heavenly Bride both ps2 titles squeezed inside Sony's new portable with HD and Trophy listing. Konami did it with Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, i am sure Squarenix can go further! Cheers! If you want it happening!

I loved DQ III

Page 1 of 2 12 Last