Thread: Breach Mode Shouldn't Exist

Breach Mode Shouldn't Exist

Breach Mode Shouldn't Exist

This game would have been a solid 9 if it wasn't for Breach Mode. I think the team would have been better off spending less time and money on this mode, and focused on the main game. This mode is terribly designed, the controls are clunky, and it's honestly boring. Normally I wouldn't have put more than 10 minutes into a mode like this, but for some reason you decided to push trophy hunters like myself to spend more hours playing breach, than playing the actual game. Unfortunately I had already done every single trophy except the Breach trophies, and at this point I was in too deep. This was the biggest waste of time. I'm not sure if your team thought this was a good thing to implement into the game, maybe it was a prototype for something better, or maybe you just want to figure out a way to throw in predatory micro-transactions. Please, don't ever do this again.

This is a problem I have with games nowadays, they feel the need to put in more and more content that is usually dilutes really good aspects of the game into tedious tasks that over stay their welcome. I get that being a completionist/trophy hunter is my personal choice, but developers could make the game enjoyable for all kinds of gamers. Breach mode was one of the worst experiences I've ever had.

There are a lot of reasons I'm not a fan of the new Deus Ex games, but can you prove that the main game is lessened by the presence of Breach, beyond your insistence that it is so? Have you considered that Breach mode appeals to some people, and by including it they are "making the game enjoyable for all kinds of gamers"?
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

It was most likely created by another team.
    And yeah you should learn to let go of trophies. Those are waste of time

Since I don't give a fiddler's fart about trophies..."Breach" is simply an irrelevant addition which adds absolutely nothing to the game. As with the DLC, it does NOTHING to advance the story line. Square Enix REALLY needs to step up its game if it wants this franchise to be the success it should be.

Breach is completely foreign to Deus Ex. I agree that it shouldn't exist.
    signature image

Third person is completely foreign to Deus Ex as well. As are invisible walls and ceilings. But everybody seems fine with those being included.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Well, just to add my 2c, I actually really like breach. The score mode is bull, but I'm a sucker for a time trial and a puzzle. It's like micro-deus ex experiences.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Third person is completely foreign to Deus Ex as well. As are invisible walls and ceilings. But everybody seems fine with those being included.
    Would I prefer it to be first person only? Yes!
    Do I expect them to change it at this point? No.

At least let people unlock all the trophies/achievements without Breach. I don't want to play Breach just to get the last few trophies that aren't in the actual game. DLC trophies don't count towards the Platinum trophy so why does this? Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a great game and didn't have microtransactions or anything like Breach. Mankind Divided is still good but I don't like the direction the series is going in with Breach/microtransactions.
    Last edited by rvorink17; 28th Oct 2016 at 23:09.