Thread: Alternative Choices: Consequences?

Alternative Choices: Consequences?

Alternative Choices: Consequences?

Still haven't finished the main game and all these new DLCs are coming out.

But i'm still very curious as in all the what ifs from even the beginning.

Ofcourse in all our main playthroughs we want things to be the best result as possible, but the thought of what happens if I don't do something or save someone always bugs me.

Like what if I don't shut the signal booster and Singh either dies or is saved & the chopper escapes.

This is the main part I'll be checking out, not sure what other options are out there.

Contents:
    - Killing Spree
    - Piss everyone in dialogue
    - Don't disable signal booster
    - let chopper go
    - Save Singh
    - let Singh die

However, there's no time limit to the sandstorm coming.
    I finished the level fast and tried waiting for a long time, its the same thing...
    It's not like Human Revolution where if we wait to long, there's consequence in the first mission...

Part 2
    Contents:
    - Violent approach
    - Meet Miller first, Koller second
    - Talking to Sarif after "pissing" him off in first chat
    - Augmented Terrorist stealing "Evidence" from local Police
    - Psychiatrist Educate & Amnesia
    - Chang's quest (Ignore & Kill the Ks)
    - The Calibrator, (kill Guards but leave Otar alive / Kill Otar too)

Results of previous Choices
    Last edited by Auric180; 14th Oct 2016 at 23:54.

I haven't done it, but my guess would be Macready gives you a hard time in his office rather than say you did a good job. In my game Singh lived and kept his cover intact, and you just hear it mentioned a couple of times. One time is late in the game, as I recall. It doesn't change the outcome of any future mission or the ending.

I don't think the chopper can escape, can it? I assumed it just waited patiently for you to stop it. They would have to find a way to turn Macready's face red with rage if it escaped!

I saw it posted that if you are fast enough, you can get to the chopper and do the fight without the sandstorm, but then it comes in the cutscene after. They allude to this in the Deus Ex Universe app's developer commentary unlocked by the triangle code.

Originally Posted by PugPug
    1. I haven't done it, but my guess would be Macready gives you a hard time in his office rather than say you did a good job. In my game Singh lived and kept his cover intact, and you just hear it mentioned a couple of times. One time is late in the game, as I recall. It doesn't change the outcome of any future mission or the ending.

2. I don't think the chopper can escape, can it? I assumed it just waited patiently for you to stop it. They would have to find a way to turn Macready's face red with rage if it escaped!

3. I saw it posted that if you are fast enough, you can get to the chopper and do the fight without the sandstorm, but then it comes in the cutscene after. They allude to this in the Deus Ex Universe app's developer commentary unlocked by the triangle code.
    1. In the link I posted, u can see he's face near the ending of the video. Debriefing with him in HQ
    I even used dialogues that will piss him off further.

2. Yes it can escape, as i let it go in both scenarios where Singh lives and dies.

3. I tried rushing there and taking my time exploring. I don't notice a difference in either dialogue or cinematics.

If I'm missing something i hope someone can show me the difference.
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by Auric180
    Ofcourse in all our main playthroughs we want things to be the best result as possible, but the thought of what happens if I don't do something or save someone always bugs me.
    Noup, bad or worse I want them to be my choices (or results of my actions). I'll make the decision case by case if I wanna redo, most often I'm not even aware of the choices as it should be (Witcher).

Originally Posted by Lolssi
    Noup, bad or worse I want them to be my choices (or results of my actions). I'll make the decision case by case if I wanna redo, most often I'm not even aware of the choices as it should be (Witcher).
    Same, not referring to constantly loading after failure. Just the point that we choose the dialogue of the most neutral reasonable choice.

Like i would never accuse anyone of anything even with proof.
    Loke accusing Miller of anything. Like to give benefit of a doubt.

Part 2
    Contents:
    - Violent approach
    - Meet Miller first, Koller second
    - Talking to Sarif after "pissing" him off in first chat
    - Augmented Terrorist stealing "Evidence" from local Police
    - Psychiatrist Educate & Amnesia
    - Chang's quest (Ignore & Kill the Ks)
    - The Calibrator, (kill Guards but leave Otar alive / Kill Otar too)

Results of previous Choices
    Last edited by Auric180; 14th Oct 2016 at 23:54.

Just realised that the Illuminati meeting have one sentence changed if u let the chopper go.
    If u stop it they aay they lost everything and the sand storm didn't help.

If they escaped, they said all was lost but three with the shipment.

Nice to see the difference but will this make them stronger or just chit chat to tell us we failed...
    Will add it to the third video.

Also from wtching others i don't get to see anyone extra in Golem city because i didn't do the side quest.

They should make the consequences that both end up here if we did nothing.

Sonif i do it after the golem mission i can't meet them again?

Or to prevent both from ending up there i must do nothing.

Violent aproach is cool; alas I am not so good at having Adam release the beast which means I can´t test that
    over the stealth run.
    As to choices and consequences the game is not as I expect it to be except in a few choice situations.
    When you go Smooth Operator & Ghost into Ruzicka station to retreive the evidence for Smiley Miller does not
    get pissed.
    The worst thing is the Allison/Bank Heist binary choice. If you pick the heist over Allison noone says anything about
    her anymore, not even the talkative guy at the whiteboard in HQ.