Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: The Rucker Extraction Bug(PS4)

The Rucker Extraction Bug(PS4)

The Rucker Extraction Bug(PS4)

Okay, so I am playing the mission "The Rucker Extraction". I get on the elevator which leads to the door before Rucker's place.

While it was going up, I got a praxis point and put it in the aug that let you see your enemies' cone of vision on the mini-map.

I get to the top, and when the door opens I see just a pixelated area. I then take a step out of the elevator and fall through the entire world. I then try to close my game and hopefully it fixes it when I start it up again. It doesn't. Then I try to use one of my previous saves. Same thing still happens.

Please, fix this bug as soon as you can devs. I was just starting to really get into the game too. Also, this was all done on PS4.

EDIT: Here is also a video I recorded:

Last edited by Gaap990; 25th Aug 2016 at 19:35.

Experiencing Identical glitch to this. loading old saves doesn't fix. Halp!

Yep, I'm getting the same thing as you two. Man, it sucks. I was really getting into it. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

I can confirm this bug, it's happening to me, too. I am however on PC.

Well I encountered a similar bug but not the same. In the same mission the lower areas of Golem City would bug out for me when I took out the two enemies near the end of RVAC Row Level 2 near the computer that controls the security camera that leads to the next area. Now here's the weird thing. The bug would only trigger when I took out the enemies inside of that room but not if I lured them out. It seems like there's a ton of people having various different issues with Golem City and mission 7. I'll try and see if I still have the save with them still up and see if this bug also makes the elevator up top crash too.

I'm having the same issue on xbox

Damn that is not a bug, the game is just broken for crying out loud. I thought since they decided to delay the game to August they had time to work on every bug and such but apparently to no avail.

Fix this asap.

Deleted and redownloaded the game. didn't help.

Also get the same bug on PC/STEAM, previous save doesn't help, reverting to a previous patch using STEAM Beta doesn't help, how is it possible for a map to have missing geometry, least of all at the top of an elevator shaft. Does a cut scene begin there or something, don't understand why the geometry would need to be scripted? But I've only ever worked with the Unreal and Source Engines in map creation, but with those if you put some geometry in the map, it wouldn't magically dissapear.

Same boat as you guys. This sucks.

I have this issue on the xbox one as well, it's really frustrating. I don't understand why a game with an issue this severe would be released.

As of the latest patch on PS4, it still has not fixed this bug. Here I was getting my hopes up since the update was 3 gigs.

Originally Posted by ArcaneTSGK
    Also get the same bug on PC/STEAM, previous save doesn't help, reverting to a previous patch using STEAM Beta doesn't help, how is it possible for a map to have missing geometry, least of all at the top of an elevator shaft. Does a cut scene begin there or something.
    Hi I did what you did, revert to a beta patch, I went to the earliest one possible and went back to a save where I just entered ARC territory (where you get the cutscene with the guy who betrayed you) and I was able to get to the top of the elevator

There's no cutscene at the top of the elevator, there is one when you open the door though.

Did you try the earliest patch of the one in between?

I also have this bug. I've been unable to progress for 4 days.
    http://forums.na.square-enix.com/sho...1186&p=2222753

Hey everyone, can someone who has this issue on PC upload a save file for us to check?

http://www.filedropper.com/talosbugsaves

One save before going up, and one when you're up and the hallway is missing. This is a severe bug since it completely stops progress.

Don't know which file is the correct safe, so have them all.
    https://mega.nz/#!dJpQ3ZwY!SCE_EMg2Q...K2J5bsyILXU-uA

I assume we won't get any fixes in the weekend. It's unbelievable there can be a game stopping bug in the main quest line.

Originally Posted by mirto1985
    I assume we won't get any fixes in the weekend. It's unbelievable there can be a game stopping bug in the main quest line.
    Absolutely agree, not only has this been first reported almost a week ago, leaving multiple players out of luck. It's also a 60€ game, that ALSO has micro transactions... Thanks a lot Square Enix..

Well I haven't been able to play the game for a week now, in all the years I have been gaming this has never happened before. I've played a lot of buggy and glitchy games, I can overlook some glitches, but a game stopping bug right in the middle of the main quest line is just idiotic. No matter how good the game is, it is a very good game, I'll never buy anything released by SE again obviously. I hope we won't get an answer like "sorry guys we can't fix it, start over".

Bump. *** hell devs, at least try to care.

I was having the same problem (on PS4). I had tried everything from loading previous save games to turning the console off and on again... and nothing. For context, I entered the Throat area through the Lubbos elevator when I got the glitch at the end of the mission and was playing a stealthy approach.

I finally managed to get the map outside the elevator rendered with just 15 mins of replay (though your mileage may vary). Not sure exactly what it was that triggered the fix but here are the steps I took:

- I loaded the "previous autosave file". Not the one that puts you inside the elevator itself but the one that places you just at the start of the Throat. Your current objective should read "access the elevator" (or something like it).

- I then backtracked all the way to the market and spoke to Louis Gallois (even though the option to enter the Throat via him was checked out in the objectives tab). When you speak to him, your only options are Shop / Leave. I sold a few items then left.

- I then re-entered the Lubbos elevator (if you got the password from Dusan, Lubbos will let you in) but this time went straight to the 7th floor (don't stop at the 2nd floor).

- Once on the 7th floor, I killed or stunned all the enemies that were still standing up (as I said, I was playing the stealthy approach so there were still quite a few of them left).

- With all enemies down, I headed back to the Talos elevator hallway but instead of making a run for it past the turret, I decided to open the window of the room the turret is guarding. I went to the far end of the room then left through the window nearest to the elevator.

- I finally pressed the elevator button, went up and once it stopped, the hallway was actually rendered, much to my surprise! And I haven't experienced any other glitches so far.

Sorry for the long and detailed post but one of these things must have made a difference. If I had to guess, maybe backtracking all the way to Gallois? Either way, it worked. It sounds as it took longer than it actually did but if you know your way around that level, it should be fairly quick to follow the steps above.

Hope it helps others as well.
    Last edited by Freakmind; 6th Sep 2016 at 08:54.

Yay, I tried this too and I finally made it to Talos. Like you I don't know what caused it but I backtracked to Lubos and went back up, first took second floor and made my way up. I hope I can continue without bugs now...

Originally Posted by mirto1985
    http://www.filedropper.com/talosbugsaves

One save before going up, and one when you're up and the hallway is missing. This is a severe bug since it completely stops progress.
    Originally Posted by enormhi
    Don't know which file is the correct safe, so have them all.
    https://mega.nz/#!dJpQ3ZwY!SCE_EMg2Q...K2J5bsyILXU-uA
    Thanks for sharing, we're looking into the issue.

The workaround seems to have worked for me as well. Although I couldn't backtrack as far because I encountered another geometry bug.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last