Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Re:CoM Memories...

Re:CoM Memories...

Oh man... I did enjoy Re:CoM... I remember busting my tail to beat it as quickly as possible because I was doing a fanfic serial every Sunday relating to the game... I'm sure even now "Connected to the Chain" was my best fic by far...

Namine started to mean a whole lot more to me after that game, and I kinda wish I played that game before I played KH2... I was pretty sad by the end, but then again, that's kinda what KH and FF does best...

What about you guys?? What was the best moments for you??

I played the GBA version, and my favorite moment was reaching the end of Sora's story and listening to Simple and Clean for the first time.

I've also watched videos of the PS2 version, and what I like the most about it is Marluxia's third battle. Epic fight with epic music.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Originally Posted by Zench
    I played the GBA version, and my favorite moment was reaching the end of Sora's story and listening to Simple and Clean for the first time.

I've also watched videos of the PS2 version, and what I like the most about it is Marluxia's third battle. Epic fight with epic music.
    Yeah, that battle was nothing to sneeze at!!! What was your toughest fight?? I'm trying to figure out if it was the last Larxene fight or the last Vexen... yeah, it was Vexen. I had to go on Youtube to get material for chapter 6 so it would have to be that one...

I had a hard time with both battles. Larxene's Teleport Rush was a royal pain, but the fact that Vexen's shield protected him was extra annoying. I think my vote goes to Vexen.

The hardest fight in Re: CoM for me? I really would have to say Vexen due to that stupid shield of his. God knows he shouldn't have been able to block all my attacks and then dish out twice the damage. I played it on Proud Mode just because I had beaten the GBA version of the game already. Hardest thing to play, especially with the card system.

I think the part I always got stuck on (I've only played the GBA oen) was one of the final battles against the Riku replica. Every time I've played through it I get stuck there, and then I leave the game alone for a couple weeks, come back to it, and the fight seems easy and I beat it. I don't have any clue why.

Originally Posted by Inkblade
    I think the part I always got stuck on (I've only played the GBA oen) was one of the final battles against the Riku replica. Every time I've played through it I get stuck there, and then I leave the game alone for a couple weeks, come back to it, and the fight seems easy and I beat it. I don't have any clue why.
    Because Repliku was terrible, that's why!! XDDD I've gotten my buttt handed to me by Repliku many times!! ^^' Best moment?? when he DIDN'T show up.....

Repliku!!! ^^

Repliku's Dark Aura, that wasn't nice.

Repliku was okay. I didn't have too much trouble with him thanks to sleights and whatnot but I loved playing as the real Riku. He was awesome even though he had set decks for every world he went to.

Besides using Dark Aura, I enjoyed using Lexaeus' enemy card during Riku's story. Obliterating Heartless with the card's effect was nice.

Indeed it was. Although Zexion was pretty cool himself.

I'm not gonna lie. I despised this game lol. Both CoM and Re:CoM. If they made the gameplay seem more meaningful rather than make it a "play this to see the next cutscene" maybe I would be more inclined to play it straight through. But anytime anyone ask me about RE:CoM i just give them my memory card, tell them to grab some popcorn and go the Theater Mode. It makes a damn good movie lol

It really is a good movie in my opinion b/c things fall into place that you really wouldn't see normally in the regular consoled games. But it also gives a lot of detail into the events that led to those in KHII which is very helpful.

Originally Posted by Mystogan_T
    Indeed it was. Although Zexion was pretty cool himself.
    I only played the GBA version, so I have no idea what Zexion's card does.

BTW, in the PS2 version, does Ansem scream SUBMIT?

I don't remember. I'll have to go back and see. I have already beaten it out on both Sora and Riku so it shouldn't be hard for me at all.

Well since I am failing here and can't figure out how ths multi-quote thing works...

to everyone complaining about Vexen: his shield can be bypassed if you break his cards. you don't have to be behind him if this happens, you will just damage him with whatever attack you used to break it. Since "breaking" is this game's version of guard and counterattack, you should have been relying on strategies like this for all bosses.

only riku is hard to beat regardless of breaking, because

1) he runs stupidly fast

2) his autoattacks come with either a 3 second stagger or a long stun

3) his auto attacks have no windup time, so once he uses a card you are already getting hit by it and unable to break anymore because of the stagger/stun

this is what made riku a real pain for me, but only in the final battle against him... before that, he has access to fewer sleights and attacks less frequently, making him easier to deal with during the first three battles. When playing as Riku, it was litterally a dps race for me... once I was in dark form, I was spamming those dark auras in both versions of the game, and the card duels in the ps2 version turned out to be even more useful.

If you couldn't tell, I actually loved this game. It had a really cool system that allowed for more spells and abilities than other KH games, and was incredibly fun when you were fighting the org. members, ansem, and riku. the real problem with the game was that you had to GRIND more than the rest of the series, and fighting the heartless wasn't fun at all, and it became a spam fest of aoe spells like blizzaga, thundaga, holy, mega flare and trinity limit... all cool spells when you didnt have to spam them every battle to speed up your levelling.

Some of you mentioned the music while fighting Marluxia (specifically the third battle in the ps2 version). While I loved this fight and the music... something about the song "another side" really moves me, and hearing parts of it in "Graceful Assassin" during the first fight- combined with Marluxia being one of my favorite org members to fight against... makes this fight worth doing repeatedly for me (I keep a save prior to the Axel battle so I can fight them both whenever I feel like it).

Lastly... Zexion hacks. Stealing my cards and moving my card wheel whenever he pleases. WHAT A HACKER.

NOTE: this is all fresh in my mind because I've been playing it over, and finished Sora's story today, and started and finished Riku's story today as well (only took 7 hours... surprisingly fast).

Originally Posted by Gaialei_Strife
    Oh man... I did enjoy Re:CoM... I remember busting my tail to beat it as quickly as possible because I was doing a fanfic serial every Sunday relating to the game... I'm sure even now "Connected to the Chain" was my best fic by far...

Namine started to mean a whole lot more to me after that game, and I kinda wish I played that game before I played KH2... I was pretty sad by the end, but then again, that's kinda what KH and FF does best...

What about you guys?? What was the best moments for you??
    Best moments are the battles with sora. The card system gives you the ability to mix and match battle commands at a whim (although it takes a lot of practice to remember the correct formulas for specific attacks).

I only played the GBA version and a Memory was that i couldn't beat Captain Hook at all for like two weeks and then I was able to.

Another is me not knowing about playing as Riku until Months later.

Originally Posted by Pocamantis
    I'm not gonna lie. I despised this game lol. Both CoM and Re:CoM. If they made the gameplay seem more meaningful rather than make it a "play this to see the next cutscene" maybe I would be more inclined to play it straight through. But anytime anyone ask me about RE:CoM i just give them my memory card, tell them to grab some popcorn and go the Theater Mode. It makes a damn good movie lol
    Agreed. Having never played the game (thank you people for illegal YouTube walkthroughs) I watched the WHOLE game, worlds and everything. So much better as a movie. Plus, the game play looks super hard.

It's a learning curve to learn, for sure, but at its core it's mostly a numbers game: you're virtually playing a game of Card War with modified rules. High beats low, unless you have a zero. You can set aside cards for better attack sleights, but you have to learn to manage your resources to prevent making too many of your own cards unreloadable.

I enjoyed CoM, both versions. Re:Chain is also pretty much the only product of a Final Mix that we've ever got out here, and I'm thankful for that.

I own the English version, but I haven't played it yet. I remember how exciting it was when Final Mix+ came out though. A friend and I imported it and played through Re:COM first and had a blast with it; I think it was a lot more fun than the GBA version. I'm playing through BBS for the first time right now and have been missing the card combat system a bit. It might be time for me to actually play the English version.

How do I get more summon card? I just got the game like a few days ago the GBA one and I'm trying to get more summon cards please help me with that anyone please.

Originally Posted by kingdom_fighter

How do I get more summon card? I just got the game like a few days ago the GBA one and I'm trying to get more summon cards please help me with that anyone please.

if you mean you want a larger variety (ex. you only have cloud, but you want simba and bambi) then the best way to do this is to progress with the game, and use one treasure card in each world... you will get them all eventually.

if you mean you want more cards in general... summon cards are blue (magic) cards. set up a moogle room and focus your points on purchasing the blue cards.

Never seen someone want summon cards... usually its the enemy cards that cause problems for collectors.

Still need to beat RE: but I beat it on GBA before Kingdom Hearts II came out. Really glad that things worked out well for me with this series. Managed to find it from the beginning and continue with it the entire time.

Never understood the passionate hatred for the card system. It's strategic, and I'll admit to getting stuck a few times, but it was great. The only thing I didn't quite like was the randomly generated dungeons. Since I ended up getting stuck without a card to progress, so had to keep changing previous rooms hoping that it would drop a card I could use to open the next room and actually continue.

That reminds me, my PS2 copy (the original copy anyway) had some sound issues. Anyone else have this problem? My greatest hits copy works fine. I kept my non-greatest hit copy for display since the GH is fugly.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last