Thread: NEED HELP - still can't launch nosgoth after the update

NEED HELP - still can't launch nosgoth after the update

Exclamation NEED HELP - still can't launch nosgoth after the update

So the problem persists whole day long - when pressing the 'Play' Button in the launcher, the game doesn't want to load. I went into the steamapp nosgoth folder and found the launcher file, ran it as an administrator and after pressing the Play button again, a message popped out, saying that a file is missing preventing the game from starting, also it recommended to reinstall the game to resolve the issue, so I did, but the game still doesn't want to run.

I am out of ideas. I wanted to log in, so I could continue with my Eternal leagues, but the more time passes without being able to log in, the more positions in league I lose. Eventually when I log in I'll be no longer eternal, if the problem doesn't get resolved.

I need assistance with ficing this issue. The update did nothing good...

you need to redo that procedure and check what files are missing m8.
    For me I had to do this: But the game still didnt start. All i got was a black launcher as I posted above.
    But after a while I got angry and went into the map where the nosgoth launcher was and tried to launch it as a admin. Then I got 2 error messages. Missing MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll

So i googled and found out that I actually needed one 86 file for the 32 bit system afterall. And you can find that file here:

Edit: removed link to mircrosoft visual++ 2015 since the link became dead?

Just download vc_redist.x86.exe like I did and hopefully it fixes the problem for you guys aswell.
    Last edited by MasterShuriko; 16th Mar 2016 at 14:52.

(click image to enlarge)

I have the same issue as the OP.
    When I click play nothing happens....the game won't boot up. This has only started happening since this latest update.

I solved the problem...I JUST had to format my computer and install Windows 10 ...but now the game crash every time i think they broke something e.e

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    you need to redo that procedure and check what files are missing m8.
    For me I had to do this: But the game still didnt start. All i got was a black launcher as I posted above.
    But after a while I got angry and went into the map where the nosgoth launcher was and tried to launch it as a admin. Then I got 2 error messages. Missing MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll

So i googled and found out that I actually needed one 86 file for the 32 bit system afterall. And you can find that file here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145

Just download vc_redist.x86.exe like I did and hopefully it fixes the problem for you guys aswell.
    Your link doesn't work, I also installed VC Redist 2015 and NEt Framework 4.6, but the game still doesn't start. I tried the solutions with reconnecting the square enix accounts, too, nothing works.

You need to install all VC Redists included in the game download, not just the 2015 version. Make sure to install both the x86 and x64 variants.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Shouldn't need to download anything - they're all under the ..\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist\vcredist folder. MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll are files from Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (the product version for 2015 is 14.0).
    I'm on Win 8.1 x64 so I installed the x64 version but didn't fix the issue. Once I installed the 32 bit version (x86) Nosgoth launched fine.

So hows the fixin patch coming along? I am closing in on some days off of work now and Im planning to bring some friends in to this game. But as it is atm Im prob not gonna do that.

im not going to introduce them to a game where I have to sit at my Pc and act Tech support for my friends that lives in diff cities and countries.

(click image to enlarge)