Thread: Some rahabim info revealed in latest interview.

Some rahabim info revealed in latest interview.

Some rahabim info revealed in latest interview.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/3...h+Beastmaster/

GR: Let's take it to the other side of the coin, the vampires.

JM: The next vampire class is coming from the Rahabim clan and the Legacy of Kain series. They are this artistic and scholarly people who eventually turn into water-dwelling, snake like vampires. They are very secretive, they do a lot of spy work, so coming into Nosgoth, the class is going to take the form of a sort of Special Forces unit. She's going to have a lot of abilities that can potentially be used in a lot of different situations, but won't always be effective in all situations. A lot of her gameplay is going to be around tailoring her loadout to fight certain objectives and counter enemy compositions and the abilities they are using. She falls between the Reaver and Summoner, where she's a quick melee fighter who's looking to pick out her targets and strike when it's most opportune. But she also has some abilities that allow her to control the battlefield and set up situations that are most favourable for her to later come in and exploit, turning the fight in the advantage of her and her team.
    GR: It sounds like a class for advanced players to try their hands at. Is that the design here, that it's something a skilled player can have a big effect on the game? How do you see it?

JM: She is definitely going to be probably the most complex class that's come to Nosgoth yet. We are looking to have a very high skill cap that very highly skilled players can fall into and be very effective with. That said it is a team game so we are looking that a lot of her abilities are most effective when reinforced and supported by allies. Considering her character, she is very squishy, so if she tries to lone wolf and even if she sets up the perfect situation, if she tries to go in 4v1 she will probably get destroyed. So it's still very important to work with the team, and understand her kit and choose abilities that will deal with the opposition, and it'll very heavily shift the balance of power in her favour if the executes correctly.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Duuur-dun, duuur-dun, du-dun-du-dun-duuur-dun. The sharks are on their way!

(Yes, I know it said snakes, but that's just a general description. I'm sure more a more accurate description will be given when the evolved skin is added.)
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 11th Mar 2016 at 23:57.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Im starting to think the next update will secretly come with Rahabim also.
    Quite eager too see how she will play out...after seeing the amazing work with the Beast-Master, im having high expectations.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Duuur-dun, duuur-dun, du-dun-du-dun-duuur-dun. The sharks are on their way!

(Yes, I know it said snakes, but that's just a general description. I'm sure more a more accurate description will be given when the evolved skin is added.)

Thank you very much for sharing this.

This makes me think of two things from the Rahabim Idea Thread that will make the final cut, based on the use of the word snake.

First: The suggestion that the Rahabim's change follows a path of reverse evolution, going from mammal to reptile and then finally to fish. Meaning the evolved skin could be closer to the shark, as described by Cabuco.

Second: Because they say snake and not reptile, this leads me to think the bite (dislocated jaw with splits along the checks to create a massive bite radius) will likely be present in some way.

It also sounds like they have based her purpose around adaptating to and exploiting enemy strengths, sounds like she is gonna be a blast to play.

Sounds complex which could be good or bad depending. Good to have a place high-skill players can slot into, bad if it totally locks out lesser players. Definitely interesting though.

Spec Ops sounds like a perfect role. Very interested to see the design they go with, especially later on for the evolved version.

From what they were saying, she is going to get a preview soon after the BM release...which i hope is soon

Full interview: http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/3...h+Beastmaster/

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    From what they were saying, she is going to get a preview soon after the BM release...which i hope is soon

Full interview: http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/3...h+Beastmaster/
    Heh. BM. Release. (And don't we all.)

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Heh. BM. Release. (And don't we all.)
    With BM out today...perhaps Rahabim preview is soon to come? (March state of play maybe?)

"If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape