View Poll Results: Which map would you like to see?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Termogent Forest

5 29.41%
  • Undercity

1 5.88%
  • Oracle's Cave

0 0%
  • Necropolis

6 35.29%
  • Other

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: What map would like to see next?

What map would like to see next?

What map would like to see next?

There are a few I'd really like to see, but I can't decide which I want next.

Termogent Forest/Swamp - Would include the ruins of Vorador's mansion and a memorial statue of him in the courtyard. Vegetation would be dead due to the effect of the corrupted pillars on the land. There were already ruins here http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR2/The...the_Swamp.html, but after being abandoned for centuries the mansion would be included with them. Unless of course, somebody had claimed the mansion for their own.

Undercity or outside the Citadel - The Undercity was cut from Soul Reaver, so we never got to see it. It was heavily fortified against vampires, but the underground reservoirs would certainly be a weak point. There also would have been a temple down there inhabited by the Preistess and her cult. http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR1/The...he_Temple.html

Outside of the Oracle's cave - A snowy mountainous area connecting the Dumah's Ash Village to Turel's Smoke Stacks via a series of caverns. A high vantage point would give a good view of the land between both areas. There seemed to be a few structures around there that could have been buried or cut off by the earthquakes by the time of SR1, but could still be accessible in the current era.

The Necropolis - Melchiah's city of the dead comprised of a charnel house, a graveyard and a fortress full of machinery for grinding up human flesh. Eric mentioned this as an area he'd like to work on, so I imagine him and the rest of the team already have a lot of good ideas for that one.

A Dumahim Labyrinth, Laderic's Laboratory, The prison island of the Drowning Men (forgot it's name), the island the matriarch comes from (forgot that as well) and Dark Eden. I like the triad's bigger-on-the inside laboratory, but prefer the ones in the poll and I didn't want to add too many options.

I'd love to see a statue of Dumah and Turel locked in combat somewhere. I expect those two got into lots of fights with each other throughout the centuries. And I'd definitely love a mountain top level as well, if not near the Oracle's cave like I suggested, then perhaps on the cliffs to the east of the abyss.

This is not an official poll. There's no guarantee Psyonix will make the one we vote for.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 22nd Jan 2016 at 15:35.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Pss, Drowning Abbey
    But seriously, I'd LOVE to see Dumahim capital - it seems like the only not-so-desperate place for human side. In reality, I bet on Necrpolis.

The Drowning Men and Matriarch are both from the Isle of the Dead. I'd imagine it full of shrines and such.

I've always liked the idea that the Rahabim occupied the Termogent Swamp at some point prior to flooding the Abbey.
    Or the Not-Quite-So-Drowned Abbey with signs aplenty of Turelim-Rahabim skirmishes.

A statue of Turel and Dumah fighting seems like a nonsensical thing for them to build unless some part of the Civil War was a big battle between them, maybe depict the victor...

Realistically, I anticipate the Necropolis.
    Ideally, I'd love Dark Eden which has never seen a proper 3D representation. Avernus Cathedral with its three-way realm split would make for some interesting design possibilities but it may be gone by now.

A Dumahim labyrinth sounds interesting though arguably suited to a game mode (depending on how literal a labyrinth we're talking).

I'd also love to see the Eternal Prison or maybe something in the Hinterlands (which could be Laderic's lab, or Hylden City ruins).
    Maybe Meridian itself.

But yeah, realistically, Necropolis, Not-Yet-Drowned Abbey or maybe the Termogent Swamp.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 22nd Jan 2016 at 18:27.

If they want make a map for every class so we will have:

Humans:
    -Vanguard: Sommerdam
    -Prophet: Avernus (?)
    -Hunter: Veleholm
    -Alchemist: Freeport
    -Scout: Provace

Vampires
    -Melchiahim: Necropolis
    -Zephonim: Silented Cathedral
    -Dumahim: Ash's citadel
    -Turelim: The Crucible
    -Razielim: The Fane
    (and of corse the Drowned Abey and another city for the next human class, if they will make another 2 classes how the lv 50 suggest we will have the Undercity (Human workshipper) and another human city)

I'm still holding out for the Sanctuary of the Clans. It's right by a lot of the other battlegrounds, represents the ultimate prize for the humans, houses the Pillars of Nosgoth, and is the seat of Kain's empire. The humans would be foolish not to attack it.

My backup choices would be Coorhagen (as a Melchahim map), pre-drowned Abbey (for Rahabim), or Avernus (for the prophets). I just can't really see a strategic reason to attack the necropolis. I imagine the humans capturing it and then going "hurray we captured... a graveyard?" The other vampire maps have some strategic reason to capture; the Fane is an extremely defensible fortress, the Crucible houses the smoke stack which the humans want to destroy, and the Silenced Cathedral could potentially wipe out the vampires.

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    -Alchemist: Freeport
    How does Alchemist = Freeport? Also, the Undercity would be vampire worshippers...

Originally Posted by Gugulug5000
    I imagine the humans capturing it and then going "hurray we captured... a graveyard?"
    A massive graveyard/slaughterhouse from which the Melchahim gather and assimilate flesh and corpses in general can be raised by any given clan as new recruits. It's potentially a pretty major war resource for the vampires in this way, and certainly already a big resource for the Melchahim. They could

The place itself may serve little direct purpose to the humans but capturing it will stop the place from serving the vampires. And they could dig up and torch the bodies to insure less recruit fodder even if the vamps take it back.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 22nd Jan 2016 at 19:24.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    How does Alchemist = Freeport? Also, the Undercity would be vampire worshippers...

A massive graveyard/slaughterhouse from which the Melchahim gather and assimilate flesh and corpses in general can be raised by any given clan as new recruits. It's potentially a pretty major war resource for the vampires in this way, and certainly already a big resource for the Melchahim.

The place itself may serve little direct purpose to the humans but capturing it will stop the place from serving the vampires. And they could dig up and torch the bodies to insure less recruit fodder even if the vamps take it back.
    Also, how does Provance = Scout? Scout = Dark Eden

While yes, the vampires could raise the corpses to be more vapmires, I don't think they resort to that until they're really desperate. In Soul Reaver Raziel is surprised that they are doing so: "Were they so debased as to recruit fledglings from the desiccated corpses here interred?" Seems to me that they won't resort to reviving corpses until they are REALLY desperate, though you're right, they could use that as a decent reason to attack the Necropolis if they wanted to.

Originally Posted by Gugulug5000
    Also, how does Provance = Scout? Scout = Dark Eden

While yes, the vampires could raise the corpses to be more vapmires, I don't think they resort to that until they're really desperate. In Soul Reaver Raziel is surprised that they are doing so: "Were they so debased as to recruit fledglings from the desiccated corpses here interred?" Seems to me that they won't resort to reviving corpses until they are REALLY desperate, though you're right, they could use that as a decent reason to attack the Necropolis if they wanted to.
    Every clan was originally raised from corpses (albeit probably freshly fallen) by their lieutenants.
    It's not a desperate move at all. It's reproduction for them.
    As for the raising of interred corpses, Raziel's surprise there seems based in ignorance and delusions of vampire nobility.
    Kain recruited the whole lot from interred corpses (and holy ones at that), as Raziel discovers later.

Regardless, they'd deal a heavy blow to the Melchahim in particular. Their decay is a very exploitable weakness already but cut off some portion of their means of warding it off and it's even easier.

And remember Melchiah's chamber? Big meat grinder...In a cage. They probably abduct live humans to grind up and assimilate into themselves. That's gotta stop.

As for the raising of interred corpses, Raziel's surprise there seems based in ignorance and delusions of vampire nobility.
    Kain recruited the whole lot from interred corpses (and holy ones at that), as Raziel discovers later.
    Yeah that's what I was referring to. Raziel calls them debased for doing it, implying it's not common practice for vampires to dig up old bodies and raise them as vampires (at least at the time Raziel was executed). That's probably why he is so appalled when he finds out that's what Kain did to raise him. So what I'm saying is, sure, vampires do raise the corpses of the fallen to be new vampires, but they probably have some standards for who they pick. They probably don't however start digging up ancient corpses and turning them until they are much more desperate, which I would guess would be toward the end of the war, but Psyonix could totally use it to justify attacking the Necropolis if they want to say the vampires are already that desperate. It just seems to me that the humans wouldn't really know that vampires are digging up old corpses even if the vampires had already resorted to doing so.

Every clan was originally raised from corpses (albeit probably freshly fallen) by their lieutenants.

Regardless, they'd deal a heavy blow to the Melchahim in particular. Their decay is a very exploitable weakness already but cut off some portion of their means of warding it off and it's even easier.

And remember Melchiah's chamber? Big meat grinder...In a cage. They probably abduct live humans to grind up and assimilate into themselves. That's gotta stop.
    Yeah, exactly. The humans wouldn't have much use for it, but destroying it would a significant blow to the vampires.

The machinary in the adjacent rooms was probably for a similar purpose to the big gringer as well. Wasn't it like a conveyer belt with gears and stuff? Or here it is:

The machinary in that room was something to do with meat grinding as well.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I read somewhere the Freeport are the map of Alchemist and Provace are for Scout 100% sure.
    I too thinked a Dark Eden map for Scout until I read that, probably they choose Provace instead of Dark Eden because then the Dark Eden will be too similar to the Crucible.

Yeah, exactly. The humans wouldn't have much use for it, but destroying it would a significant blow to the vampires.

The machinary in the adjacent rooms was probably for a similar purpose to the big gringer as well. Wasn't it like a conveyer belt with gears and stuff? Or here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLKoE5GdghI&t=430

The machinary in that room was probably something to do with meat grinding as well.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 22nd Jan 2016 at 21:33.

Ziegstuhrl.

No reason.

How about the deleted town of Weirstein?
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Weirstein

Not much to go on regarding it's appearence though. Probably best to get a few more recognisable places first.

Here is how I see it with regard to the human=map debate and why. This is if each map has to belong to a class.

*Freeport=Hunters
    -the Ironguard is referred to as the city's defenders

*Valeholm=Hunters
    -"Birthplace Of The Ironguard", need I say more?

*Provance=Vanguard
    -"Home to Raiders and Rebels", who does that sound like?

*Sommerdamm=All classes
    -No faction has more claim than any of the others with anything involving Meridian. This is an equivalent to the vampire's Sanctuary of the Clans; and despite what each clan might think, no single one clan has claim over it.

An Alchemist, Scout, and Prophet oriented map is needed for when the next human map is being developed.

Alchemists arrived after the Scouts and Hunters were already claiming territory, joining forces with them from that point forward. So there isn't likely to be some place the Red Sisters consider sacred or personal to them; but that just means we have a clear canvas to work with.

Scouts have Dark Eden, so perhaps Dark Eden Castle.

For Prophets, I'd like a map center around one of the Blood Fountains.

I read somewhere the Freeport are the map of Alchemist and Provace are for Scout 100% sure.
    I too thinked a Dark Eden map for Scout until I read that, probably they choose Provace instead of Dark Eden because then the Dark Eden will be too similar to the Crucible.
    There is absolutely no reason that Dark Eden must resemble the Crucible. They are in different regions. And Dark Eden contains no actual constructed architecture, only the natural build of the twisted terrain. It'd be something new, it'd bring back one of the series' most interesting locations and it would provide a unique design challenge for Psyonix.

Freeport has no apparent deep connection to the Alchemists. It was brought to order and defended by the Ironguard.

@Vamp: Says "weirstein" translates to "stone weir". A weir is a river barrier. It may be a series of literal weirs with a settlement built on top. Or it may be figurative, with the settlement grounded directly into the riverbed and serving as the 'weir' itself. Formed predominantly of stone, of course, I imagine grays and whites. Given cut dialogue, I'd wager it was north of Stahlberg. Given the "weir" thing, that would place it near or even atop the Lake of Lost Souls, near to Elzevir's old place.

I wonder if Psyonix will ever do anything with Elzevir or his history...Could be a unique sort of magic class...

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Scouts have Dark Eden, so perhaps Dark Eden Castle.

For Prophets, I'd like a map center around one of the Blood Fountains.
    A castle in Dark Eden...Meh. I'd really like to see Dark Eden constructed of just natural architectures, the cliffs and mountains and such conveniently twisted into a battleground-worthy terrain. I mean, it's supposed to be inhabitable again now but it shouldn't be healthy enough to build something as ambitious as a castle. Less "We can occupy Dark Eden as a permanent residence now.", more "You can survive there but..."

The Prophet backstory specifically mentions their first discovery was the blood fountain near Willendorf, in the mines. Perhaps they might establish themselves there.

The Alchemists, perhaps some linger still in the Hinterlands, experimenting out of Laderic's lab to aid the war effort from afar (until being re-discovered, of course). The lore also says that after arriving in war-ravaged Freeport, they set up shop for themselves in Meridian so...I'd love to see the actual capital sans Hylden influence.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 23rd Jan 2016 at 00:30.

@Ygdrasel
    Unless I'm forgetting something, there is already a castle within Dark Eden. This was the site where Anarcrothe, DeJoule, and Bane corrupted Dark Eden in the first place.

According to the lore, the Red Sister torched the lab after stripping it of all its contents, just before making their way towards the front lines.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    @Ygdrasel
    Unless I'm forgetting something, there is already a castle within Dark Eden. This was the site where Anarcrothe, DeJoule, and Bane corrupted Dark Eden in the first place.

According to the lore, the Red Sister torched the lab after stripping it of all its contents, just before making their way towards the front lines.
    Ah, so no lab...Boo. But then, Meridian maybe. Yay.

And I double-checked on Dark Eden. It's a tower (hastily-constructed, looks like) but potayto, potawto, it's there. I'd have the tower featured as a (central?) structure on the map but still let some portion of the whole be traversable natural terrain, maybe some constructed bridges to cross lava gaps and such, some scattered lesser towers. And still less of a permanence than a big ol' castle suggests, more a deadly outpost, constant troop rotation. Really though, anything Dark Eden would be great.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 23rd Jan 2016 at 01:12.

I've always liked the idea that a while after the death of the Guardians, the dimension warping magic in that tower started failing, and the insides erupted outwards since they shouldn't be able to fit in there, making a big mess in Dark Eden itself.
    And yeah, I've always wanted to see Dark Eden again. My dream of Soul Reaver 2 before it came out was a game where you could actually explore Nosgoth from Blood Omen, but now in 3D. So many awesome places that were forgotten as the series went on.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    I've always liked the idea that a while after the death of the Guardians, the dimension warping magic in that tower started failing, and the insides erupted outwards since they shouldn't be able to fit in there, making a big mess in Dark Eden itself.
    And yeah, I've always wanted to see Dark Eden again. My dream of Soul Reaver 2 before it came out was a game where you could actually explore Nosgoth from Blood Omen, but now in 3D. So many awesome places that were forgotten as the series went on.
    That's a good point. The tower should be pretty damaged from the spatial magic wearing off.
    I actually played Soul Reaver 2 (a mistaken purchase, actually) first in the series. XD It really is a shame Dark Eden was never revisited. I wonder if some Dark Eden mutants could make an appearance...

That's a good point. The tower should be pretty damaged from the spatial magic wearing off.
    I actually played Soul Reaver 2 (a mistaken purchase, actually) first in the series. XD It really is a shame Dark Eden was never revisited. I wonder if some Dark Eden mutants could make an appearance...
    In the manual is said the Mutants of SR2 are created by the Nogoth's pillar's collapse, so they are not made in the Dark Eden.

For the maps, Sommerdam is the Vanguard's map because in the Vanguard lore is said they are originals of Meridian (or better, the events of what happen is in Meridian and Sommerdam is a part of Meridian).
    For Freeport and Provace I remember 100% they are maps representative of the Alchemist and Scout, I read somewhere, I found to in Nosgoth.net a thing that suggest what I said, if you see the Alchemist and Scout page there you can see there is the lore post of the maps Freeport and Provace, so still left the Avernus (maybe), Ash's citadel and Necropolis maps (and of corse territories of the futures classes)

For the maps, Sommerdam is the Vanguard's map because in the Vanguard lore is said they are originals of Meridian (or better, the events of what happen is in Meridian and Sommerdam is a part of Meridian).
    For Freeport and Provace I remember 100% they are maps representative of the Alchemist and Scout, I read somewhere, I found to in Nosgoth.net a thing that suggest what I said, if you see the Alchemist and Scout page there you can see there is the lore post of the maps Freeport and Provace, so still left the Avernus (maybe), Ash's citadel and Necropolis maps (and of corse territories of the futures classes)
    I guess, any information other than lore blogs can't be considered as faithful.
    Red Sisters are from desert island (maybe even continent) to the South from Nosgoth. Freeport was just their place of arrival:
    Arriving in Freeport only to discover it had already been taken by Human forces, the Red Sisters joined forces with the Watchers and the Ironguard.
    Scouts unites with the Ironguard and conquers Provance, but again,
    Hunters and Scouts joined forces and headed south, away from the eye of the Vampire civil war, recapturing first Provance and then Freeport. It was here that they first met with the mysterious Alchemists, growing their confidence and swelling their ranks.
    So, clan (class) segregation is vampire tendency, the condition of Humanity at that period of time implies maximal unity and cohesion.

The dark eden tower would have been an interesting laboratory setting with equipment and chemicals that coulf be responsible for some interesting weapons and abilities. Although it's no longer actively twisting the land and creatures, the damage may already have been done. There might still be skeletons of these long dead abominations or perhaps the effect of the size altering magic on the building was permanent. The magic done to the tower seemed different from the magic done by the tower. It would look really weird and interesting if it wore off unevenly, with some rooms being bigger that they should and others being smaller.

I like the idea that the life twisting magic gave the land an almost radioactive property as in it remsins effective for a long time and wears off slowly and unevenly. So there'd still be some hazardous material even in the current era. It might make a nice weapon FX and unusual lighting and rock formations in the land.

I don't thing there's anything that really suggests the tower eas hastily constructed. It was huge on the inside and took the combined efforts of three guardians to make. From what I remember, it seemed they started work on it soon after they were corrupted by Nupraptor. It looks a lot more solid in the FMV than in game:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4iuMPGfiYws

(EDIT: Stupid BB codes. Will have to fix later.)

Avernus burned to the ground, and given all the stories about crazy Azimuth and her demons in that city, it's unlikely anyone would want to rebuild it. What would be left over is the catacombs with walls constructed from bones much like the Paris catacombs (see the movie As Above, So Below), plenty of demon remains for Prophets and magically inclined vampires to use in their spells and forging. The dimensional barriers are thin here, so if and demons slipped through, they'd be fair game for vampires wanting to test their strength.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 23rd Jan 2016 at 19:01.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Stupid BB codes. Will have to fix later.
    Yeah, it sucks. Copy symbols after "=" and any other ("4iuMPGfiYws" in your case) from YouTube address between YOUTUBE tags
    Last edited by Dron1508; 23rd Jan 2016 at 17:19.

In the manual is said the Mutants of SR2 are created by the Nogoth's pillar's collapse, so they are not made in the Dark Eden.

I mean the mutants in Blood Omen (which are never officially called as such but it's what they are). They are created artificially as a part of the experiments in Dark Eden.

And the mutants in SR2 seem to have a vague origin at best (all that's said is they 'evolved' after the Pillars collapsed).

The wiki notes that the SR2 mutants' souls resemble the souls of demons. So it could be that demon souls are slipping through the weakened binding and frantically latching onto the remaining Dark Eden mutants (who, of course, are miserable hosts too far twisted to be useful and only further twisted by the possession). That'd be interesting, I think.

(Unrelated remark: Why are the Youtube tags such a broken mess on this forum...)

@Vamp: I always figured the magic already done had sort of seeped into the land, rendering its twisting permanent. The magic that mutates inhabitants would wear off slow like radiation at Chernobyl. And the spatial distortion in the tower would either collapse immediately (destroying the tower) or collapse unevenly over time as you noted.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 23rd Jan 2016 at 20:03.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last