View Poll Results: Which map would you like to see?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Termogent Forest

5 29.41%
  • Undercity

1 5.88%
  • Oracle's Cave

0 0%
  • Necropolis

6 35.29%
  • Other

5 29.41%
Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: What map would like to see next?

What map would like to see next?

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    EDIT 2: I also suggested ages ago that maybe we could visit a collapsed forge. There were a few that got cut from SR2 and Raziel never needed to go looking for once he found a way to forge the reaver in the vampire citadel instead. I always wondered what happened to them, so I was thinking maybe the Earth or Water forge could have collapsed and it's murals worn away by wind/dust or the weather over the centuries.
    My god. That just sounds crazy awesome. Though the murals shouldn't all be entirely eroded, that'd be no fun.

@Ygdrasel, the devs would need to be careful though because much of Nosgoth's ancient history is supposed to be forgotten by the time of SR1. Especially anything that could have influenced Raziel to know about his destiny or what Kain was trying to accomplish. Actually, since we mentioned Weirstein being a stone weir, maybe the water forge was situated in that location.

I just thought I should add the name of the abbey before it was drowned. Daniel refers to it here as the Chapel of Light:
    http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/view...9&p=4279#p4277

He also suggests that it was the Rahabim were the ones who drowned it afterall. I'd need to check with him whether that was the original backstory or just his personal theory. I guess it could also be that the Rahabim allowed the humans to flood the place so they could take the territory from Turel.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 2nd Mar 2016 at 11:39.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I just thought I should add the name of the abbey before it was drowned. Daniel refers to it here as the Chapel of Light: http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/view...9&p=4279#p4277

He also suggests that it was the Rahabim were the ones who drowned it afterall. I'd need to check with him whether that was the original backstory or just his personal theory. I guess it could also be that the Rahabim allowed the humans to flood the place so they could take the territory from Turel.
    Chapel...That would explain its windows...

And I've always theorized that they beat back the Turelim while the Chapel was dry, then flooded it later on when it became necessary.

I'm chiming in again because I had another thought I wanted to share. I still REALLY want a map with snow, but after thinking about it a map in Dark Eden would be good to. In my opinion, we have enough maps that take place in towns/cities, we need some stuff out in the wilderness. I'd assume that the pitched battles between the humans and vampires would take place there as well.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    I'm chiming in again because I had another thought I wanted to share. I still REALLY want a map with snow, but after thinking about it a map in Dark Eden would be good to. In my opinion, we have enough maps that take place in towns/cities, we need some stuff out in the wilderness. I'd assume that the pitched battles between the humans and vampires would take place there as well.
    There are plenty of options for snow. The Ash Village looked like it was covered in snow, however it could be ash, hence the name "Ash Village". The ruins outside of the Oracle's cave were covered in snow and it's my theory that they were a more interesting area prior to the earthquakes burying the entrances. Perhaps, since they are so close to the Dumah's Ash Village, they were actually the Dumahim labyrinth referred to in the blogs. That would be cool, although there were actually a few areas I thought would be good Dumahim territory, such as conquered human/Razielim territories I mentioned earlier in this thread. If you want snow though, the location I just mentioned could be ideal.

The two main "wilderness" areas I'd like to see are Dark Eden and the Termogent Forest, however it's important to remember that the land is dying due to the corruption/destruction of the pillars. There may not be much life and Dark Eden most likely resembles Chernobyl with drunken trees (http://lazerhorse.org/wp-content/upl...Full-twist.jpg), red forests (http://d1udmfvw0p7cd2.cloudfront.net...0110417x1a.jpg) and mutated plants (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8108/8...dbfd2412fa.jpg). It would be fitting that the only life thriving in Nosgoth would be the mutated parody.

One thing about "wilderness" areas is that there's little strategic value in fighting over the locations. It would be waste of the vampire's/human's resources and IMO, a bit boring without some sort of ruins around. I mean you need something to climb on in the maps. Fortunately, there is precedent for such things in the previous games (Ruined/Exploded Dark Eden tower and Vorador's Mansion that should be mostly collapsed my now). I've mentioned the theory I have about the Rahabim once using the forest/swamp as a shelter from the sunlight, but now being forced to relocate because the forest is dying.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 11th Mar 2016 at 11:07.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

One thing about "wilderness" areas is that there's little strategic value in fighting over the locations.
    The Termogent's strategic value is clear. Vorador himself made use of the place's hazards to keep even vampires away. There could even be potential treasures in the ruins of his mansion...And didn't Vorador keep Janos entombed there? Granted, we only see that explicitly in Defiance, it could well have been true for all timelines. There's at least some morale value to claiming that prize.

As for Dark Eden, it's the single most corrupted area in all of Nosgoth. The humans (particularly the Scourge) might consider it useful to hold the region so they might research its twisted nature, perhaps find a way to reverse it...And it's also a hunting ground for fledglings. The elder vampires should seek to defend their own if necessary.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 11th Mar 2016 at 21:27.

One thing about "wilderness" areas is that there's little strategic value in fighting over the locations. It would be waste of the vampire's/human's resources and IMO, a bit boring without some sort of ruins around. I mean you need something to climb on in the maps.
    Well I'm saying they could add trees/cliffs/etc. for vampires to climb but one thing to consider, don't think of it as a fight for control over a strategic ruins or a town. Imagine the vanguard of the human and vampire army find each other and engage in battle and that could be the theme of the map. But I thought of something that could make a ruins free wilderness map work.

Imagine this (fanfiction alert):

The human army, unlike the vampires, are not immortal and do not feed on blood. They must maintain supply lines, food, ammunition, and other supplies must make it to the frontlines if the human army is to be successful, yet these supply trains are under constant attack by the vampire scourge. Thus to protect the supplies that keep the human army in the fight, alternatives were necessary, one of the most important routes lay in the Termogant forest, though long since abandoned to nature after the destruction of the wicked Vorador, the humans found it prudent to move their supplies secretly through a place the vampires would never suspect while the forest managed to provide a faster (albeit more treacherous) road to the human army.

The trees making them invisible to Sentinel scouts from the air and the twisted forest masking their movements and scent from Reaver raiders, the humans have been able to use this supply line without fear. Until a human captured in a raid by the Dumahim betrayed the location, after draining the man of information (and blood) the Reavers immediately reported the human's movement to their Liuetenant Patriarch. Thus to starve the human army fighting on the front line and to win himself glory, Dumah has commanded his soldiers to secure the forest for the Empire and cut the human's off from their major supply line, thus assuring a critical victory for himself and the Empire that could end the war.
    Last edited by Khalith; 14th Mar 2016 at 04:11.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

https://www.google.com/search?q=nosg..._OkMM&tbm=isch

from this map alone id be happy with any of these. the already highlighted points are a given of course.

Willendort id love to see as well. especially if its just outside Williams court that kain strides into in BO1. it could be a vampire territory as it would have been one of the first places they take over simply by importants.

I might have posted this earler in this thread alredy so...my badd if I have.
    Last edited by calypso-694; 14th Mar 2016 at 05:23.

Originally Posted by Khalith
    Well I'm saying they could add trees/cliffs/etc. for vampires to climb but one thing to consider, don't think of it as a fight for control over a strategic ruins or a town. Imagine the vanguard of the human and vampire army find each other and engage in battle and that could be the theme of the map. But I thought of something that could make a ruins free wilderness map work.

Imagine this (fanfiction alert):

The human army, unlike the vampires, are not immortal and do not feed on blood. They must maintain supply lines, food, ammunition, and other supplies must make it to the frontlines if the human army is to be successful, yet these supply trains are under constant attack by the vampire scourge. Thus to protect the supplies that keep the human army in the fight, alternatives were necessary, one of the most important routes lay in the Termogant forest, though long since abandoned to nature after the destruction of the wicked Vorador, the humans found it prudent to move their supplies secretly through a place the vampires would never suspect while the forest managed to provide a faster (albeit more treacherous) road to the human army.

The trees making them invisible to Sentinel scouts from the air and the twisted forest masking their movements and scent from Reaver raiders, the humans have been able to use this supply line without fear. Until a human captured in a raid by the Dumahim betrayed the location, after draining the man of information (and blood) the Reavers immediately reported the human's movement to their Liuetenant Patriarch. Thus to starve the human army fighting on the front line and to win himself glory, Dumah has commanded his soldiers to secure the forest for the Empire and cut the human's off from their major supply line, thus assuring a critical victory for himself and the Empire that could end the war.
    If there's literally nothing there other than the natural landscape, then there's no intrigue. There's no "who built that", "what was that for", "what happens here" or "who lives here". I mean sure, you could ask the last one, but without any clues to speculate on, it might as well be no-one or nothing.

If you have a look at this area from SR2 (http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Swamp_(location)), the ruins are sparse enough that they don't upstage the natural landscape. And considering that this is centuries later, these ruins would have collapsed even further. Even Vorador's mansion would be in a similar state by now.

(click image to enlarge)

I agree about Willendorf and as I've said before, the fights over which Lieutenant gets to occupy Kain's hometown could be very interesting indeed. Kain would have entrusted his favorite son (Raziel) to guard it originally, but we all know how that turned out.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 14th Mar 2016 at 11:41.

Originally Posted by calypso-694
    it could be a vampire territory as it would have been one of the first places they take over simply by importants.
    A common idea seems to be that once the Nemesis was eliminated, the new timeline Kain would have accepted Ottmar's reward of his kingdom (rather than an army to fight the Nemesis). Less a takeover, more a gift. And the Razielim lore does indeed note that Dumah kept reavers stationed there - but also that they have gone silent, fueling Dumah's suspicions of human uprising.

So it would probably be a recently-reclaimed human territory. Coorhagen though was left abandoned after the humans broke down its breeding pens and blood farms. The vampires will likely have reclaimed it after learning of this - and I'd love to see what might be left of those pens, not to mention Kain's statue. It could even be Kain in an earlier evolutionary state if they were daring enough, maybe borrow from what Dark Prophecy had in mind.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 15th Mar 2016 at 00:00.

Page 3 of 3 First First 123