View Poll Results: Which map would you like to see?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Termogent Forest

5 29.41%
  • Undercity

1 5.88%
  • Oracle's Cave

0 0%
  • Necropolis

6 35.29%
  • Other

5 29.41%
Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: What map would like to see next?

What map would like to see next?

Hoted Necropolis, but i'd be fine with Dumahim city also
    Ok, honestly i voted Necropolis cause i didn't want to pick "other" lol...Dumahim city sounds like it would be awesome and beautiful like the Razielim map (The Fane), since they were just as egocentric as the Razielim (just remember Dumah's Throne area from SR1).

Originally Posted by Dron1508
    I guess, any information other than lore blogs can't be considered as faithful.
    Red Sisters are from desert island (maybe even continent) to the South from Nosgoth. Freeport was just their place of arrival:
    Scouts unites with the Ironguard and conquers Provance, but again,

So, clan (class) segregation is vampire tendency, the condition of Humanity at that period of time implies maximal unity and cohesion.
    Yhea this is true, but this maps are still related to the classes (related=/=territory/their prorieties)
    -Valeholm=if I remember well is the town where the Ironguard is born
    -Freeport=place of arrival of the Red Sisters
    -Provace=city conquered by Ironguards and Watchers (but considering Valeholm can be considered the Hunter's map, this mean Provace is Scout's map)
    -Sommerdam=part of Meridian, the Vaguard was formed in Meridin.

This mean only left a map for Prophet (for humans released of corse), maybe Avernus or the Provincal Mines where they founded the Blood Fountain (but I think Avernus will be better). And for vampires (released until now), only left the Necropolis and the Ash's citadel.

Uschtenheim from Soul Reaver 2 or some sort of map with snow.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    Uschtenheim from Soul Reaver 2 or some sort of map with snow.
    A snowy map would be great, wherever it is. Valeholm's original BO concept (cut from the game proper) had snow but it's not appeared much otherwise.

Yeah, i would love to see a snow covered map that would be awesome.

after the release of the Beastmasters lore, I think to understand why Provance is the Scout's map instead of the Dark Eden, because the Dark Eden will be the Beastmaster's map.

7. Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Ziegstuhrl.

No reason.
    This or Uschtenheim!

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    Yhea this is true, but this maps are still related to the classes (related=/=territory/their prorieties)
    -Valeholm=if I remember well is the town where the Ironguard is born
    -Freeport=place of arrival of the Red Sisters
    -Provace=city conquered by Ironguards and Watchers (but considering Valeholm can be considered the Hunter's map, this mean Provace is Scout's map)
    -Sommerdam=part of Meridian, the Vaguard was formed in Meridin.

This mean only left a map for Prophet (for humans released of corse), maybe Avernus or the Provincal Mines where they founded the Blood Fountain (but I think Avernus will be better). And for vampires (released until now), only left the Necropolis and the Ash's citadel.
    Although I've mentioned before that Avernus burned to the ground, the catacombs might remain, and those would make an awesome looking map with all the bones and demon remains lying around. Maybe a few decayed hylden murals.

BTW, there was no person called the Ash. It was called the Ash Village with no 's'. The theory is that the village was burned by the humans or that the ash blew in from the smokey Turelim territory (Crucible and Smokestacks).
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by enkaku-silence-
    This or Uschtenheim!
    I would also be very happy with Steinchencröe or Vasserbünde.

Won't more towns just look like the human levels we already have? Those areas are both in the heart of vampire territory, so maybe the vampires would have converted those places to slave towns or something. Although, more likely, the vampires would have just leveled the places.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I was being facetious because I just like these town names, but Freeport, Sommerdam and Valeholm aren't all so similar to one another as to worry about it. Once could be snowy, as someone suggested.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Although I've mentioned before that Avernus burned to the ground, the catacombs might remain, and those would make an awesome looking map with all the bones and demon remains lying around. Maybe a few decayed hylden murals.

BTW, there was no person called the Ash. It was called the Ash Village with no 's'. The theory is that the village was burned by the humans or that the ash blew in from the smokey Turelim territory (Crucible and Smokestacks).
    I never said Ash is a guy, I write it wrong because I'm italian :P I think the better name for now is The Ruined City of the Dumahim (but I doubt they will give this name when/if they release this map).
    Btw, considering the classess that still don't have a map, I think in future they will release:

Humans:
    -Avernus's city/Avernus's ruins/Avernus's catacumbs/Avernus's cathedral - Prophet (the city can be recostructed, we don't know, but the catacumbs is the better for me )
    -Dark Eden - Beastmaster
    -??? - last human class

VAMPIRE
    -Ruined City of the Dumahim - Dumahim
    -Necropolis - Melchiahim
    -Drowned Abbey - Rahabim (the obvius next vampire class) (maybe BEFORE the abbey was drowned by the rain, and the Rahabim start to occupied the place only now)
    -Undercity? - Worship? (the possible last vampire class)

Won't more towns just look like the human levels we already have? Those areas are both in the heart of vampire territory, so maybe the vampires would have converted those places to slave towns or something. Although, more likely, the vampires would have just leveled the places.
    If we're going for human towns, I vote Coorhagen. The backstory says it was converted into blood farms and such so it'd be something different from the standard 'town' look - and with a towering statue of Kain to boot.

after the release of the Beastmasters lore, I think to understand why Provance is the Scout's map instead of the Dark Eden, because the Dark Eden will be the Beastmaster's map.
    -Undercity? - Worship? (the possible last vampire class)

The maps aren't inherently tied to classes....

The Undercity, should it appear, would imply a future inclusion of vampire worshippers though. As for the last class, I still hope for expansion of the factions/clans with more classes.

And the abbey wasn't likely drowned by rain. Backstory conceived for Soul Reaver (albeit not officially in-game, but furthered by Nosgoth as the Dumahim apparently claimed Raziel's old territory) involved the clans warring for territory, noting that Rahab fought Turel for that region. He probably had it deliberately flooded sometime after winning control over it, when his clan's weakness to sunlight grew to lethal levels.

I'd love to see it pre-flood with signs of clan battles and shifting control strewn throughout. Maybe a statue of Rahab with the remains of a Turelim monument nearby, or Rahabim wall carvings scarred over and reworked as Turelim art.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    If we're going for human towns, I vote Coorhagen. The backstory says it was converted into blood farms and such so it'd be something different from the standard 'town' look - and with a towering statue of Kain to boot.

The maps aren't inherently tied to classes....

The Undercity, should it appear, would imply a future inclusion of vampire worshippers though. As for the last class, I still hope for expansion of the factions/clans with more classes.

And the abbey wasn't likely drowned by rain. Backstory conceived for Soul Reaver (albeit not officially in-game, but furthered by Nosgoth as the Dumahim apparently claimed Raziel's old territory) involved the clans warring for territory, noting that Rahab fought Turel for that region. He probably had it deliberately flooded sometime after winning control over it, when his clan's weakness to sunlight grew to lethal levels.

I'd love to see it pre-flood with signs of clan battles and shifting control strewn throughout. Maybe a statue of Rahab with the remains of a Turelim monument nearby, or Rahabim wall carvings scarred over and reworked as Turelim art.
    I thought the humans flooded it to get rid of the Turelim, then the Rahabim moved in since they were immune or at least well on their way towards it. I know Daniel said the clans were always fighting over territory, but I think that was just a general example to demonstrate that territories change hands all the time. I don't think he went into specifics that the Rahabim took it directly from the Turelim. That's just my opinion though. It could just as easilly have happened the way you describe.

I kind of like the idea of Kain giving his hometown (Coorhagen) to his favourite son Raziel to guard and then Dumah taking over it after Raziel was thrown in the abyss. It could have Razielim banners torn down and hastilly replaced with Dumahim ones.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 15th Feb 2016 at 23:37.

Yhea, I know the theory of the Abbey was first a place of the Turelim and only after the rain and the Turelim clan die/go away the Rahabim take that, and I totally agree, we know this because:
    -We see Turelim murals
    -There is a gate that can be activated with telekinesis
    -Some Turelims can be found near of the Abbey
    -In the demo there is a Turelim corpse in the water

For Coorhagen, I ever thinked the city was destroyed for construct the Montain retret of Kain (the location scrapped from SR1), I think this because, Coorhagen is really near to the Malek's Bastion (this mean mountains XD), and in BO1 Kain show to be really proud of his town, so make sense he construct his retret right there.

in BO1 Kain show to be really proud of his town, so make sense he construct his retret right there.
    He talks about his town. Not sure he ever acts too proud about it, really.

And Coorhagen isn't in the mountains. It's surrounded by forest.

A map of the clan territories places the mountain retreat between the Silenced Cathedral and Turel's territory. While the building used to denote it is actually an earlier concept for the Sanctuary of the Clans, the location seems accurate: In the game's original design concept, Raziel would use the Smokestack in Turel's territory to gain enough height to glide to Kain's retreat, then glide from the mountain summit to the pinnacle of the Silenced Cathedral.

If there is a Coorhagen map then I hope that it has a statue of Kain (preferably in a state of repair).

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    If there is a Coorhagen map then I hope that it has a statue of Kain (preferably in a state of repair).
    Oh, it simply must. They can't mention a statue of Kain in lore and NOT include it if the map comes up.
    It'd be a nice touch if he had the statue posed in mimicry of the old Nemesis statue.

Some great arguments for new maps. Keep 'em coming!
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    Some great arguments for new maps. Keep 'em coming!
    I would hope that at least one of the huge castles of either Willendorf or the one that belonged to William the Just would still be standing (perhaps claimed by the vampires), however I've been told that the vampires leveled every human structure they could find. I wasn't given a source though, and if any structure from the BO1 era is likely to be left standing, it would be one of those. Maybe it would depend n the personallity of the Lieutenant in charge whether they demolished the building or adapted it for their own needs.

I would hope that at least one of the huge castles of either Willendorf or the one that belonged to William the Just would still be standing (perhaps claimed by the vampires), however I've been told that the vampires leveled every human structure they could find. I wasn't given a source though, and if any structure from the BO1 era is likely to be left standing, it would be one of those. Maybe it would depend n the personallity of the Lieutenant in charge whether they demolished the building or adapted it for their own needs.
    The lore for the Razielim mentions that Dumah keeps reavers regularly stationed at Willendorf so it's probably still standing - though the library is most likely looted and torched. Given Dumah's idea of himself as Kain's rightful heir (after Raziel), I could see him having kept Willendorf Castle as an ostentatious prize or even the seat of his territory before relocating (being chased out?) into the mountains. Worth noting that the lore mentions that Dumah's reavers have been suspiciously silent, hinting that Willendorf may already be in human hands as of the current war. This could further the 'chased out' possibility. If the humans managed to break through and take a place like Willendorf, Dumah would seek an even greater-defended area (e.g., the mountains) for the relocation of his clan.

And if they had truly leveled everything they could find, we'd have no human territories as maps.

It'd be great to see Willendorf again. Ottmar held Kain's mortal allegiance and paid him favor in his immortal life, I do wonder if he accounts for any of that in regard to the old king's city, maybe sought to keep the old lion banners or statues intact to some degree.

I was thinking about the Oracle's cave as a sort of labyrinth map but that could work just as well if the Ruined City (Dumah's place) were a map with some segment relegated to his famed hunting mazes. The Oracle's Cave could otherwise serve as a small lore tie-in for a proper spectator mode (just calling it Oracle Mode, or having a GUI reminiscent of peering into the mouth of Moebius' water basin of visions or whatever). The cave showed Raziel visions (though, as these visions involved Raziel, they were only potential futures), why not the vampires?
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 24th Feb 2016 at 03:54.

I think Willendorf might have been one of Kain's first conquests. Without the more urgent need to defeat the Nemesis, Kain may well have taken up Ottmar's offer to give up his kingdom in exchange for saving his daughter's life. With the Nemesis out of the way, Willendorf would have been the biggest prize in the region.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 24th Feb 2016 at 10:41.

I think Willendorf might have been one of Kain's first conquests. Without the more urgent need to defeat the Nemesis, Kain may well have taken up Ottmar's offer to give up his kingdom in exchange for saving his daughter's life. With the Nemesis out of the way, Willendorf would have been the biggest prize in the region.
    The Nemesis never existed in that timeline, Kain killed William before he became the Nemesis. So I don't know if Elzevir take the princess's soul or not, because the position of his house let me think the Nemesis talk to him to do that. So: no Nemesis, nobody talk to Elzevir to take the princess's soul, this mean Kain never helped Ottmar, probably he still alive in timeline 2, 3 and 4 (of corse in the BO1 era, now he is dead)

The Nemesis never existed in that timeline, Kain killed William before he became the Nemesis. So I don't know if Elzevir take the princess's soul or not, because the position of his house let me think the Nemesis talk to him to do that. So: no Nemesis, nobody talk to Elzevir to take the princess's soul, this mean Kain never helped Ottmar, probably he still alive in timeline 2, 3 and 4 (of corse in the BO1 era, now he is dead)
    "His house was kinda near the Nemesis' place" is an awfully flimsy basis for such a connection. Besides, Elzevir is described as a collector of souls so he probably had a habit of doing this sort of thing. Kain only saved one because it's all he needed to save.

And while it's never spoken of in the games (and thus, canonically arguable), Amy Hennig once said that the Elzevir story plays out regardless of the Nemesis. Kain would have needed a starting kingdom if he planned to actually conquer all of Nosgoth - one man, even a vampire, stands no chance against the sheer numbers of humankind without an army of his own. So he likely did take Willendorf as his prize for handling the dollmaker.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 25th Feb 2016 at 00:25.

And even if he didn't go chasing after Elzivir in the 2nd timeline, Willenforf is still largest spoil of war in the region. It's the wealthiest and best defended. It would be a great show of strength that he managed to conquer it, regardless of whether Ottmar put up a fight or foolishly handed it to him on a silver platter. Kain would consider it a trophy. Imagine the shame for Ottmar and his decendents if he lost his kingdom so easilly and the strong motivation the humans would have for wanting it back.

EDIT: On a slightly different note, those structures between the Ash Village and the Oracles Cave would make a great entrance to the Dumahim labyrinth. The lack of access in SR1 could easily be explained by the earthquakes and landslides closing up caves in the indoor sections and blocking off valleys in the outdoor parts. In this games era, there could be all sorts of routes through that area.

EDIT 2: I also suggested ages ago that maybe we could visit a collapsed forge. There were a few that got cut from SR2 and Raziel never needed to go looking for once he found a way to forge the reaver in the vampire citadel instead. I always wondered what happened to them, so I was thinking maybe the Earth or Water forge could have collapsed and it's murals worn away by wind/dust or the weather over the centuries.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 25th Feb 2016 at 16:29.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last