Thread: Nosgoth Launcher - Status Update

Nosgoth Launcher - Status Update

Nosgoth Launcher - Status Update

Introducing a new authentication system to a game or service is an equally exciting and terrifying prospect. On the one hand, we’re very much looking forward to releasing the desktop launcher when it's ready. On the other, the likelihood of issues arising when a new authentication system is introduced is quite high. What makes things even more interesting is that we’re handing authentication over from one service to another, from Steam to the Square Enix Memebership backend.

So, how has the transition gone? Relatively well actually. The majority of players logged back into Nosgoth seamlessly after the update, which we are very happy about . A comparatively small (but no less important) number of issues did plague some players in the wake of the Phase 1 release however. Happily, we were able to release launcher updates on Friday morning and Monday mornings to address some of those issues. We have another launcher update scheduled for very early January that will address most of the remaining problems.

In the meantime, if you are struggling to launch Nosgoth, please follow these steps:

Have you tried turning off and on again?
    No joke, this can help with a number of situations. Please remember that to fully close the Nosgoth Launcher, you’ll want to go to the system tray in the bottom right hand corner of the screen(beside the Windows clock). Find the Nosgoth icon, right click on it & click close.

General
    This one may help with multiple issues. Go to your game folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth), right click on NosgothLauncher.exe, click properties, go to compatibility, check the "Run this program as an administrator" box. Click Ok.

Gray Play Button
    There two potential fixes for the this tricky fella. Please try both if the first doesn't work.

Method 1:

Close the launcher, remembering to go to your computer's system tray (bottom right corner of the screen, beside the Windows clock), right click on the Nosgoth icon in the tray and click exit
    Restarting the launcher will enable the play button in some circumstances

Method 2:

• Boot the game - You will not be able to log in
    • Go to http://eu.square-enix.com/en/profile/edit/accounts and unlink your Steam account
    • Close the Launcher (remembering to exit it from the tray in the bottom right of your screen (beside the clock)
    • Boot the launcher. You should see this screen:
    • Click "Log Out" from the top right corner of the launcher (just underneath your username)
    • Close the launcher (exiting from the tray), and restart Steam
    • Click play to run Nosgoth from Steam you should be prompted to log in
    • Nosgoth should boot up - time to suck some blood!

.NetFrameWork 4.5
    Those of you without .NetFrameWork 4.5 will need to download and install it. You can do so here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=30653

Languages
    Is the game launching in a language other than the one you want? Close Nosgoth, select a language other than the one you want, and then switch to your desired language. You should be good to go!

Can’t Log In?

Make sure that you’re trying to log into your Square Enix Membership account, not your Steam account. You can try to log in atwww.Nosgoth.com to see if your details work. The site and launcher use your details. If it does work, restart your client using the method listed above. Try to log in a few times.

Steam/Launcher window pops up for a few seconds, then disappears
    You need to update your C++ distributables. Follow the steps outlined here, witht he following exceptions.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...Libraries.html

Please only install the versions appropriate to your version of Windows. The 64 bit versions for 64 bit Windows, and the x86 version for 32 bit Windows.
    You should not need to uninstall anything
    You only need from 2010 onward

We would like to thank you all for your continued support as we bring improvements to the launcher and move toward the full desktop release. Exciting times lay ahead of us .
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 23rd Dec 2015 at 17:34.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Launcher is ok. Fix the "Players leave in ranked"-problem, and fix the MM. Users are droppin. You focus on the wrong things

Still , sometimes it glitches with steam, so I can't push the "play " button. Is there any way, to launch the game directly without enetering into launcher?

Originally Posted by snejjjj
    Launcher is ok. Fix the "Players leave in ranked"-problem, and fix the MM. Users are droppin. You focus on the wrong things
    Glad to see that you're not having any trouble with the launcher. There are always going to be scenarios in which players leave a match. We're certainly working to improve the communication in-game to reduce those instances though. As for player numbers, it's normal for some people to be a little less active over the December and the holiday period. Actually, we're pretty pleased with how things are going.

Numbers will most certainly pick up in early 2016, we've got some cool updates on the way .

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    Still , sometimes it glitches with steam, so I can't push the "play " button. Is there any way, to launch the game directly without enetering into launcher?
    The launcher is required to log in and verify you account, so no, it's not possible to skip that. It is odd that you're saying the play button isn't consistent though. When it doesn't display, does restarting the launcher make it appear again?

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    When it doesn't display, does restarting the launcher make it appear again?
    Yes, only by restarting launcher.

If you aren't going to detach the launcher from nosgoth that's fine, however, it's really annoying having to load steam, then load the launcher, then load the game. This added an unnecessary step to the hit Play in Steam, load the game" process. Yeah it's a minor annoyance but little annoyances add up.

If you want a launcher for Nosgoth fine, just let me load it directly without having to go through Steam first.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    Yes, only by restarting launcher.
    How frequently does this happen? 1 in every 10 times you open the launcher? More? Less?

Originally Posted by Khalith
    If you aren't going to detach the launcher from nosgoth that's fine, however, it's really annoying having to load steam, then load the launcher, then load the game. This added an unnecessary step to the hit Play in Steam, load the game" process. Yeah it's a minor annoyance but little annoyances add up.

If you want a launcher for Nosgoth fine, just let me load it directly without having to go through Steam first.
    We're looking at potentially adding an autoplay option. This would mean that when you click play in Steam, the launcher would boot up, and then a few moments later, it would automatically launch the game.

It happens right after in-game I open a steam window to look for players profiles or to talk to friends.
    When tha game crashes, or I quit it for some sort of reason, all opened steam windows seems to be glitched in launcher, so I have to relaunch launcher. I'll make a screenshot another time.

Btw, I was used to play with Razer Cortex utility, that helps my not the most advanced PC to make FPS more playable. This Utility is launching when u launch an .exe of the game, but now, when .exe is no longer the starting file for game, but for launcher, it makes programm starting on it. I didn't compare the FPS gap, but if it affects my game experiance, how can I make this or simmilar program to do it's job?

I get an issue since morning.

I 've tried to play on Nosgoth but it says " It doesn't connect to online platform." ...

I have to say I played all this night and I've never get this issue before.
    Last edited by Astaroshen; 25th Dec 2015 at 15:42.