Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Why do you keep playing this game ?

Why do you keep playing this game ?

  1. #1

    Smile Why do you keep playing this game ?

    So, can you tell me why you playing this while all normal players enjoy fallout 4, dota 2, smite, battlefront and other cool modern games ?

    I don't see any future for this game:
    1. No balance changes for long time period.It is very easy in database to increase/decrease stats on weapons/skills, but devs don't care.

    2. Awful donate mechanic via chests - today, for example, i got arcane item...It was free key, but i read posts how people waste 100 bucks and can't get anything cool for chests at all.

    3. Tons of bugs and every, i repeat EVERY new patch adds new one. It's a fact. I like that losts of people report them, but no answers from devs dissapoints me. They can say something like "Our workers know about this problem and gonna try to fix it" or "We will announce our dev team about that issue." Silence is not good option.

    4. Low online... It is coming to 600 players.Some private WoW servers have more than that. Noone of my friends, except one( who is the reason why i come back sometimes), wants to play it. Low popularity = low income for devs = closing game. That already has happened with Infinite Crisis .

    5. Ranked games...Bringing up 4 man premades is a DISASTAA!! Losing game with score something like 15-60 is not fun at all. It is rape. Most balanced league was with 2 man premades.
    Also i don't enjoy mindset of some players in ranked who don't care about winning at all... They play with score 0 8 and when you ask them to change class or blame them for their awful gameplay, they just answer something like "Get a life, i am trying to get fun, it's just a game, i don't care about what you say" and they keep feeding... Why people like this are allowed to ranked ?

    So, share your reasons what holds you there =) I saw some players with more than 1000 gameplay hours in steam, but seems they don't play other games.

  2. #2
    Mostly I enjoy the melee aspect of vampire rounds. Not even necessarily most of the abilities that are used at close range, but the actual LMB attacks, regular and charged. However, some months ago when they decreased the range and damage of all vampire melee the game lost a lot of it's sparkle for me. I said it then and will repeat it here, because it's true, but they lowered the skill ceiling of the game by pushing players to only get into melee range to spam abilities unless you're playing an Enrage Tyrant. Then you just drop from the side of a building, hit Shockwave, and Charge to follow up for a kill.

    You're right though. I mostly wanted to see balance changes and innovations during the beta. No such scenario. Chests... awful. Bugs introduced every patch? Yep. The low player base? A symptom of all the above.

    I'm disappointed with ranked leagues this time because I was slightly enjoying playing up to Blood to get a unique item but that's way beyond my reach with the allowance of 4-man parties this time. I have the items from previous leagues. It will be impossible for me to hit Blood ranks this time while they're around, period.

  3. #3
    Idk. I like setting of LoK series. I like grim and bloody atmosphere in this game. I also like concept mechanics of range versus melee battles.

    But u are right. Sad to see like this great ideas and tones of potential are lost due poor managment. Probably this game will never be popular as other "modern competitive games" u talking about. This game will remain confined to small groups of lovers and geeks. Sad but true.
    I think, dev group is already figured that out, thats why they don't really care about fixing some balance issues or bugs, and just focusing on selling content.

  4. #4
    I enjoy the new lore and environments added to the LoK continuity.

    The game is doomed. Worse, the IP is doomed unless Squeenix comes to some sense and develops/actually completes a proper continuation. Is it too late to revive Dark Prophecy? Maybe those notes and assets still exist, yeah?

    I've taken to saying this a lot in lobby chat while waiting for it to fill: The BEST thing that could possibly happen in regard to this game is that it dies and Squeenix either comes to senses and lets the CD guys take the IP back for a real continuation, or sells it to a studio that actually knows what to do with it.


    As for Nosgoth? I have zero faith left in it.
    I barely even play anymore. What fun is there is generally not worth the wait for a lobby or for filling a lobby.
    I play again every now and then during what is apparently the game's one peak hour.
    I'll stroll these forums until the game dies.
    But the hope is gone. Only the bitter aftertaste remains.

  5. #5
    Classes are pretty balanced at the moment.

  6. #6
    In my own opinion - these issues are what are holding Nosgoth back

    1 - The entire idea of doing a LoK multiplayer. Alright I realise this might sound like a cop out but remember when this game was first announced? The utter OUTRAGE? That was to be expected. Once again AAA companies were taking a firmly story based action series and making an online almost story-less multiplayer out of it when there was ZERO demand for it. That was a hit right there and whoever thought this would be welcomed with open arms during the planning stages had clearly been sniffing paint fumes. But beyond that, Nosgoth at first attracted the casual online multiplayer crowd. It was a new, at least to them, IP with some interesting visual design. But like with all things, its flash in the pan period ended and those players went back to investing their time into whatever larger multiplayer they had already spend a lot of time in - mostly COD and its ilk. Courting these players was a doomed to fail strategy and anyone with even the slightest knowledge of the market or even how human beings operate could have anticipated this. As such, what Nosgoth should have done was cater to the LoK crowd exclusively. Its a smaller but fiercely loyal audience that would have been quite prepared to spend tons of money for interesting new skins and other LoK elements. But unfortunately I get the distinct impression that marching orders were issued from SE to Pysonix to try and 'cast the net wider' because there is no limit to the short sighted greed of the larger games industry these days.


    2 - The bugs. Honestly I haven't seen too many of them but it is, unfortunately, an undeniable FACT that every patch, every update has contained inexcusable bugs and glitches. True the 'beta' label keeps too much criticism away but the trend of patches that have sometimes rendered the game unplayable is intensely worrying.

    3- Slow Updates. OH MY GOD.... yes this is a big one. Slow updates for major elements, such as new skins, new proper modes, new classes, new weapons, new abilities. The pace of this development is glacial and when you're courting the casual flash in the pan gaming crowd it is a major turn off. Now if you were just catering to LoK fans (and budgeted yourself accordingly) it wouldn't be so much of an issue, a fandom like that is prepared to wait for the art they appreciate. But that isn't the target audience for some bizarre reason.

    4 - Lack of immersion. Right now THIS is my pet peeve. The blog contains a LOT of lore and its very nice for us LoK people who take the time to read it and I suppose for anyone else who took the time to read it they might find it interesting. Then why is little to none of it in the actual game? The reason why players get invested in various game worlds like Elder scrolls, fallout, assassins creed or even COD is because those worlds are immersive and presented to them in interesting ways that provide a bit of fantastical escapism. Yes having good gameplay helps but when push comes to shove, lack of story = hollow world, no interest. If the idea is to get new players and a new proper audience invested then immersion has to be put into the game to make those new players invested and it NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW. There needs to be a Lore tab, perhaps unlocked elements with gold or XP earned in game so that when someone levels up their favourite class they can read more about that classes backstory. That's immersive and the easiest thing in the world to add. There are people on this forum alone who would write that stuff up for FREE. No excuse for not doing this. None whatsoever.
    . Give players the option to customise their skin, swapping armour sets, tattoos, facial features to create their own unique (within reason) looking guy. Feel free to charge us for the armour and cosmetic pieces of course (with smaller price tag). That's immersive, allows players to really care about what they create. And don't give us the excuse that its too hard to pull off. It was already done with the Vanguard's shield.
    Cooperate or even single player modes, in the line of how the tutorials were made, need to be added to allow for some greater exploration of more tightly produced story elements. Yes I realise this IS harder to do but it would be WELL worth the long time effort. There are so many asking for horde mode at least that to ignore this request is foolish.

  7. #7
    I'm glad most of you understand current terrible possible future of this project =(

  8. #8
    Reasons I keep playing..

    1> Its still very unlike any other 3rd person/ fps shooter out there. It has an ORIGINAL play style to it. Less is more, I'm no longer a fan of 32 v 32 battlegrounds where spam prevails and killcount is all that matters to most.

    2> When the teams are balanced, gameplay is fast, frenzied, tactical & fun! Coming from a twitch fps background, I appreciate the frantic action coupled with the precise precision plus teamwork required.

    3> The concept of melee versus ranged. Theres not a lot of games out there that can pull this off in this manner. The only other game on my list that has melee vs ranged arena combat is Chivalry:Medieval Warfare. Its a totally different game. Thats it.


    Reasons I may stop playing..

    1> The dev team is just way too small to support the demand. If Squeenix want to seriously support this game, they need to fund it some more (via some method other than chests) OR make this pay to play somehow. I have seen a dozen games similar in nature (arena fps/3rd person moba) just die from player starvation. Its sad but thats what happens when a game does not get enough funding. I applaud any devs that work under such conditions but its partially down to you to fight for this game.

    2> Overwatch will be out next year, yet I have already preordered it. That game has massive funding and so many playstyles to choose from (big reason right there - meaningful choice of different classes). It may become my next main game.

    3> Thats it really. Everything else (bug fixes, server lag, chests etc) is a derivative of point 1, nothing more.



    I'd love to see this game pull itself out of its current nosedive, I would keep supporting its development as long as it was actually being developed and not just being milked.

    PS: I'm not a LOK fan. Lore is nice, but its neither the reason I am here nor the reason why I would leave. I am STILL here because I like the games MULTIPLAYER play style... not vampires.
    Last edited by SonixSquad; 21st Dec 2015 at 19:22.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    To be honest, my participation has been shrinking as of late. I tell myself it is because of school finals and work; but I'm still playing other games at this time as well, finally finishing BloodBorne. I barely played the last league and honestly I'm not very interested in this one. I'm just not a competitive player, which doesn't mean I don't like to win; but after a while it just feels like a grind is waiting around every corner, which I don't mind if there is something worth it from my pov. Last time a grind felt worth it to me was when I was working for the evolved vampire skins, of course because of my love for LoK and because it was dependent entirely on my participation and not solely on winning the matches like in leagues.

    I have a couple of player friends from alpha that I play with from time to time; but other than that I'm probably about to join the ranks of other LoK fans who play Nosgoth whenever a new ability, class, or map is released. I actually enjoy this forum more than the game at this point if you can believe it. I do hope Nosgoth is not as doomed as others have stated and manages to keep the competitive player crowd. If there is ever a horde or some other PvE mode in the near future then perhaps myself and the others will come back to play regularly with renewed vigor.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    manages to keep the competitive player crowd.
    I'd frankly rather see it crash and burn than succeed with that crowd. That crowd won't gravitate toward the series behind this game. That crowd won't favor a revitalization of LoK - except perhaps as a series of PVP-oriented bastardizations. Success with that crowd will mean absolutely nothing for the series' future except perhaps a true and final death knell.

    Here's an idea: SE should scrap Nosgoth as a multiplayer affair, give Psyonix proper funding, staff, series notes, consultation, whatever they need to do a proper single-player series entry in the same era as Nosgoth. An original story of Kain's empire mid-crumble. They could use a lot of the same designs, locales and lore, even. Legacy of Kain: War For Nosgoth. Take that one as a freebie, Squeenix.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 21st Dec 2015 at 22:53.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I'd frankly rather see it crash and burn than succeed with that crowd. That crowd won't gravitate toward the series behind this game. That crowd won't favor a revitalization of LoK - except perhaps as a series of PVP-oriented bastardizations. Success with that crowd will mean absolutely nothing for the series' future except perhaps a true and final death knell.

    Here's an idea: SE should scrap Nosgoth as a multiplayer affair, give Psyonix proper funding, staff, series notes, consultation, whatever they need to do a proper single-player series entry in the same era as Nosgoth. An original story of Kain's empire mid-crumble. They could use a lot of the same designs, locales and lore, even. Legacy of Kain: War For Nosgoth. Take that one as a freebie, Squeenix.
    SE don't provide the staff directly to Psyonix, but their Montreal studio has been helping out, so those guys know the code base and already have access to all the art assets. Maybe let them have a go at a single player part of the game or even a companion like Dead Sun would have been, EXCEPT with a decent story in Nosgoth's setting? Psyonix are mainly a multiplayer specialist, but I think SE Montreal do single player games.

    I'd suggest Crystal Dynamics, who also have friends in Psyonix (Any of those members feel like giving them a nudge regarding LOK?), but I'd rather they continue the main LOK series.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 22nd Dec 2015 at 00:23.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    SE don't provide the staff directly to Psyonix, but their Montreal studio has been helping out, so those guys know the code base and already have access to all the art assets. Maybe let them have a go at a single player part of the game or even a companion like Dead Sun would have been, EXCEPT with a decent story in Nosgoth's setting? Psyonix are mainly a multiplayer specialist, but I think SE Montreal do single player games.

    I'd suggest Crystal Dynamics, who also have friends in Psyonix (Any of those members feel like giving them a nudge regarding LOK?), but I'd rather they continue the main LOK series.
    Of course everyone would rather a main installment. But failing that...

    Some relatively recent interview from CD staff mentioned a 50/50 shot of a legitimate new installment. Maybe those odds will rise after Nosgoth - basically an illegitimate child to the series - fails.

    Squeenix absorbed CD as I recall so they could potentially put them onto a single-player project. If it's a Nosgoth-era thing, bring in Psyonix people to consult, weaving their extant lore work from Nosgoth (all these human religions, the Razielim backstory, etcetera) into a larger-scope single-player world/story.

  13. #13
    wow if you guys hate this game so much STOP PLAYING

    as far as a multi player games go Nosgoth is GOOD. yes there are issues that ahave already been discussed but nothing so bad as to stop playing.

    people cry about bugs, I have yet to experience anything terrible much less anything at all.

    takes a long time to get a match? don't know where you guys are playing but I have no problems getting into matches. even when leagues aren't going on.

    personally I like this game. its open beta. bugs are to be expected. and we all know damn well that the team is working hard to fix this stuff. games take YEARS to make and Online games are constantly being worked on even when its finally released.

    Nosgoth has made leaps and pounces compared to how it was in Alpha.

    its a fine addition to LOK and yes we all want a new LOK but as ive said in other posts, even if or when we finally get one itll be just like the other games in the series: wont sell much, wont have a big fan base or word of mouth spread. the only game in the series that did well was Soul Reaver 1. it garnered HUGE media coverage and had a great marketing campaign. but after that? the series just fell off the face of the earth save for fans like US or people who told their friends to play them.

    fact is gouls and gals, quit wishing for a new LOK. at least for now. one day itll pop up out of nowhere like Shenmue 3 and blow us all away. for now we have Nosgoth and the old games to at least look forward to.

    if you want a new LOK game in any regards SUPPORT NOSGOTH. that's really the ONE THING leading to a potential final LOK. or reboot whatever may be.

    "oh it sucks I hate it nobody play this crappy LOK rip off" leading right into "man I want another LOK! where is it? squeenix cmon already make one" umm they are trying to do that with Nosgoth. its the door into the future of LOK

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    umm they are trying to do that with Nosgoth. its the door into the future of LOK

    Please go on about how they're trying to revive a story-rich single-player series by catering to story-thin multiplayer esports. How anybody could truly believe that is just beyond comprehension.

    And as for its sales history: It's been over ten years, during which gaming as an industry in general has outright erupted. Vampires kind of became a huge thing since '03. Complex backstory too, look at Bethesda - and LoK begs for an open world too, also popular these days. And the series has always been somewhat Zelda-esque in gameplay design, another plus sign to many. Also currently-popular things the series has going for it: Snarky protagonist types, ambiguous morality, anti-heroes, potentially sprawling world full of depth and exploration...

    With gaming overall a far more common and widespread activity, and the series' various strengths slotting near-perfectly into modern tastes, there isn't any great reason to believe it would fail today with proper marketing.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 22nd Dec 2015 at 00:08.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I'd frankly rather see it crash and burn than succeed with that crowd.
    So selfish. Its thanks to "that crowd" that you got a whiff of a new LOK game albeit not exactly how you would like it.

    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Here's an idea: SE should scrap Nosgoth as a multiplayer affair, give Psyonix proper funding, staff, series notes, consultation, whatever they need to do a proper single-player series entry in the same era as Nosgoth. An original story of Kain's empire mid-crumble. They could use a lot of the same designs, locales and lore, even. Legacy of Kain: War For Nosgoth. Take that one as a freebie, Squeenix.
    Because scrapping a multiplayer game that is still being played will surely get us to invest in their new game. Solid plan.
    And no, I wouldn't invest in the single player version only of this game. Sorry.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    Because scrapping a multiplayer game that is still being played will surely get us to invest in their new game. Solid plan. And no, I wouldn't invest in the single player version only of this game. Sorry.
    No sorry needed. You're the target for Nosgoth - which is only barely still being played, by the way, hence this not even being the first instance of this general thread topic - but not the target for LoK. It's a given that a proper entry wouldn't be aimed at you and would thus not garner your investment. That's just demographics.

    If the game succeeds with the competitive PvP esports crowd, we don't get a series revival. We get more PvP. That is a poor outcome. And maybe that is selfish. But if some favored thing of yours went dormant and left you wanting for years, and then came back only to cater to an entirely different group and alienate itself from most of what you liked about it in the first place, you wouldn't exactly be a paragon of selflessness either so...

    If they want to win the PvP crowd, Nosgoth is a fine direction. But then the branding serves no purpose because that crowd doesn't care, so strip the branding and story aspects, double down on PvP demands. If they want to win the LoK crowd, and they must want for that to have bothered with the branding, then they need to do a proper SP story-based game. If they want to win both, they should do a proper installment with an optional multiplayer component, which is a common enough trend today. (And again, I suggest working the Nosgoth era into a proper storyline-based game. Keep something akin to Nosgoth's gameplay for an MP component. Win-win.)

    Right now, they're out to win both with Nosgoth alone and it's clearly not doing great. The LoK crowd is frustrated by its lack of what the series had in spades. The PvP crowd is annoyed by its bugs, balance issues, etcetera. And both are suffering for its poor player population. Myself, I can only get a lobby together reliably quick (and only while using the 'Any' option for player pool) around six PM. A few rounds later, players trickle off, lobby never refills, it's done for the day. That's an hour, maybe hour and a half of reliable playtime. So yeah, people still play for now...But as noted, just barely.

    My perspective is a selfish one to be sure but is it really a bad thing? The game is trying to cater to two utterly disparate demographics and floundering between the demands of each. I'd rather it die out (not just be cancelled, die out natural) and give way to something with a more decisive target, something that could survive better. Gut Nosgoth's world-building for use in a proper LoK installment. Let Nosgoth survive in a multiplayer component to that installment. This is the only reliable way to juggle the two groups while keeping Nosgoth's concept alive. Otherwise, you just get buried under the opposite demands of each, agitate the lot, and your product slowly but surely dies.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 22nd Dec 2015 at 01:20.

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Of course everyone would rather a main installment. But failing that...

    Some relatively recent interview from CD staff mentioned a 50/50 shot of a legitimate new installment. Maybe those odds will rise after Nosgoth - basically an illegitimate child to the series - fails.

    Squeenix absorbed CD as I recall so they could potentially put them onto a single-player project. If it's a Nosgoth-era thing, bring in Psyonix people to consult, weaving their extant lore work from Nosgoth (all these human religions, the Razielim backstory, etcetera) into a larger-scope single-player world/story.
    Another reason I didn't want CD making a SP counterpart to Nosgoth was that Crystal Dynamics would want to use their own engine and make a full AAA game. If they're willing to do that, it should continue the main storyline rather than be the single player Nosgoth. The latter could be out sooner with a smaller budget.

    Howerver, I wouldn't suggest cancelling this game, because you can't say with any certainty that doing so would recover enough money for other projects you'd like to see. If Nosgoth is going to die, let it die by itself. No need to actively campaign for it to happen.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Another reason I didn't want CD making a SP counterpart to Nosgoth was that Crystal Dynamics would want to use their own engine and make a full AAA game. If they're willing to do that, it should continue the main storyline rather than be the single player Nosgoth. The latter could be out sooner with a smaller budget.

    Howerver, I wouldn't suggest cancelling this game, because you can't say with any certainty that doing so would recover enough money for other projects you'd like to see. If Nosgoth is going to die, let it die by itself. No need to actively campaign for it to happen.
    Oh, of course not just arbitrarily cancel it - that's the sort of thing that lost us Dark Prophecy. But when/if it comes time to die, don't go pulling some ridiculous desperate life-support either, "come back and you'll get [x]!" type stuff - online games love to do that when they're failing and it mostly just looks desperate which hurts the brand and doesn't bring enough people back anyway (because who wants to return to a game that's failing that severely?). Let it run its natural course then put it in the can and funnel any profits into a proper title, either the vaunted hypothetical AAA continuation or a smaller-budget SP take on Nosgoth's era and concept.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 22nd Dec 2015 at 01:45.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Please go on about how they're trying to revive a story-rich single-player series by catering to story-thin multiplayer esports. How anybody could truly believe that is just beyond comprehension.

    And as for its sales history: It's been over ten years, during which gaming as an industry in general has outright erupted. Vampires kind of became a huge thing since '03. Complex backstory too, look at Bethesda - and LoK begs for an open world too, also popular these days. And the series has always been somewhat Zelda-esque in gameplay design, another plus sign to many. Also currently-popular things the series has going for it: Snarky protagonist types, ambiguous morality, anti-heroes, potentially sprawling world full of depth and exploration...

    With gaming overall a far more common and widespread activity, and the series' various strengths slotting near-perfectly into modern tastes, there isn't any great reason to believe it would fail today with proper marketing.
    wrong wrong and wrong again.

    1. I never said those exact words of how Nosgoth is trying to revive the LOK series. I mearly said its a doorway to it. There is a reason it was released and a reason it got made in the first place. because LOK however small is still of interest to Squeenix. period. they could've scrapped it with dead sun seeing as how it was supposed to be its MP component but nope. they held on to it.

    2. hate Esports or love it you have to admit that A LOT of that community are dedicated LOK fans believe it or not. they have tons of followers. the rest is self explanatory.

    3. open world games are getting tiring and we all know it. the constant rehash of AC and back to back releases of farcry this or that, the fact rockstar is stuck on open world games (even though they are great at them) are getting tiresome.

    if there was an open world LOK it would be repetitive side objectives of kill this or collect that. maybe in old games but not today. open world games with pointless side quests are well...poinless. Mad Max is a great example. an open world game that was supposed to thrive but its boring and pointless quests killed it. not to mention kill X amount to aaqure fast travel base. ugh.

    I think im the only one who wants to see a linear game again, or at least something with hub sections. but as full open world? give me something else. LOK was special because of its story. Open world games tend to have a mish mosh story. you can start this story cutscene before that one, its tricky to pull off a complicated almost over done story like LOK with an open world game. even if they lead you down a linear path.

    example: hey guy, go save thw world (does some story missions, leads up to a point to go stop a bomb or big villain) ok, I think ill take a break and gather fast travel points, collect said object, or save people, bad guy or that big bomb that seemd so important in the last mission, it can wait.

    see it?

    4. vampires came and went. zombies came and went. need I say more?

    5. the big big problem with games today is that EXACTLY what was unique to LOK isn't anymore. all those character traits anti hero this blah blah blah. its being over done right now as far as I can tell.

    finally don't get me started on Bethesda. people complain about Nosgoth bugs LOL look at ANYTHING I mean ANYTHING Bethesda releases. buggy. as. all hell. im so tired of people praising them and fallout4 etc for being godly amongst games. (getting a bit off topic) but fallout 4 is just a sad rehash of fallout3. basically the same story, same gameplay a bit tweaked. and again BUGGY. patches don't count.
    im tired of games (any) getting perfects across the board. "oh theres bugs up the wazoo but don't worry patches will fix it. I give it a 10" NO games should be reviewed as they are on public "its finished" release.

    "but what about nosgoth, its buggy" its open BETA. they have an excuse.

    sigh. anyways

    look this is the billionth topic on hating on nosgoth and brining back LOK and not just on this forum. we all want it. but crying about this or that wont make it come any sooner. we should know this by now.
    Last edited by calypso-694; 22nd Dec 2015 at 04:17.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    wow if you guys hate this game so much STOP PLAYING
    Wrong to the core.
    The reason of all this whine is that people love this game. And it's very sad to see it in such a poor state as it is now. And also to see where it is going to be, bcz if nothing changes it'll be far worse.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    3. open world games are getting tiring and we all know it.
    your opinion not mine, dark souls says hi.

    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    if there was an open world LOK it would be repetitive side objectives of kill this or collect that. maybe in old games but not today. open world games with pointless side quests are well...poinless. Mad Max is a great example. an open world game that was supposed to thrive but its boring and pointless quests killed it. not to mention kill X amount to aaqure fast travel base. ugh.
    people complained about soul reaver's block puzzles believe or not,
    when I finally got the chance to play ocarina of time, wind waker, twilight princess,
    I realized soul reaver was a lightweight Zelda clone because there wasn't much variety.
    and don't get me started on soul reaver 2! that was barely anything zelda clone.

    blood omen 2 and defiance were the only two that were linear being chapter based and all,
    but at least blood omen 2 was a long game........ defiance, I can't say much about defiance because to me defiance was the weakest out of the bunch, with it's weak gameplay, art, environment, music, sound. (they clearly needed more time with that rushed garbage) but I would still play it in a 4 game remaster because it is canon to the franchise.

    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    I think im the only one who wants to see a linear game again, or at least something with hub sections. but as full open world? give me something else. LOK was special because of its story. Open world games tend to have a mish mosh story. you can start this story cutscene before that one, its tricky to pull off a complicated almost over done story like LOK with an open world game. even if they lead you down a linear path.

    example: hey guy, go save thw world (does some story missions, leads up to a point to go stop a bomb or big villain) ok, I think ill take a break and gather fast travel points, collect said object, or save people, bad guy or that big bomb that seemd so important in the last mission, it can wait.

    see it?
    at least that would give LOK more variety,
    if I remember correctly blood omen legacy of kain was full of that.
    adding side quest wont hurt anyone.

    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    look this is the billionth topic on hating on nosgoth and brining back LOK and not just on this forum. we all want it. but crying about this or that wont make it come any sooner. we should know this by now.
    I don't hate Nosgoth,
    I still don't know what it's like to play it! (PC exclusive.)
    the only thing that's frustrating me are the slow updates.
    the slower the updates, the slower the game gets completed, the slower the game gets completed,
    the slower a new single player or 4 game remaster gets made, the more I have to wait, the more I start getting frustrated!

    square enix should figure out a way to get the new single player/4 game remaster made,
    crystal dynamics has had more than a decade with tomb raider, I think it's time to give that a rest and start making games for us!
    psyonix is just a small team, we can't always depend on them it's too much weight on there shoulders.

    WE!! WANT!! A NEW LOK!!!!!!!!!!


    FIGURE IT OUT SQUARE ENIX!!!!!! FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Chulo86; 22nd Dec 2015 at 06:48.

  22. #22
    As someone who was around since the beginning ill give my 2 cents.

    Nosgoth at its core is a really great game that was never developed on.
    It has bugs that are still in it since closed beta.
    there hasnt been any balance changes in forever even though the reaver sorely needs a buff.
    Its ranked is utter trash and throwing money at it was so so so stupid.
    its been in beta for a year and so have flashpoint and capture the body which are only available sometimes.
    the skins banners and taunts they use to support their game have no effort put into them ( most are re-coloured skins and taunts are the most lazy unimaginative thing i have ever seen.)
    After the crucible map came out psyonix basically vanished from the game.
    The BARE minimum amount of work is done on the game
    ESL was put on the side line for the league system so they could artificially inflate the playerbase by pissing money up the wall
    I could go on and on.

    In short nosgoth was great game that was let down by its developers/publishers and its a shame cause there really is no game like it.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    383
    Originally Posted by Halpachino
    As someone who was around since the beginning ill give my 2 cents.

    Nosgoth at its core is a really great game that was never developed on.
    It has bugs that are still in it since closed beta.
    there hasnt been any balance changes in forever even though the reaver sorely needs a buff.
    Its ranked is utter trash and throwing money at it was so so so stupid.
    its been in beta for a year and so have flashpoint and capture the body which are only available sometimes.
    the skins banners and taunts they use to support their game have no effort put into them ( most are re-coloured skins and taunts are the most lazy unimaginative thing i have ever seen.)
    After the crucible map came out psyonix basically vanished from the game.
    The BARE minimum amount of work is done on the game
    ESL was put on the side line for the league system so they could artificially inflate the playerbase by pissing money up the wall
    I could go on and on.

    In short nosgoth was great game that was let down by its developers/publishers and its a shame cause there really is no game like it.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    No changes in the balance, the absence of the devs and the very slow development progress are the things that keep me away from the game at the moment.

  24. #24
    I agree with Halpachino and Louves, i love the core game - its something unique and for me some kind of a raw diamond in these times where every game is produced for the mass market. The setting of Nosgoth doesnt make the claim for this market, its something very special, started from the setting with human ( range ) vs. vampire ( melee ) to the class system etc ... it has the potential to become one of my all time favorite games.

    The thing mentioned by Louves, yeah ... from time to time i am upset about the development speed and the bugs and i quit playing for some weeks, but then i come back to check which progress was done - i can just say, the gameplay and the world catches me everytime and i play for weeks again, haha.

    My only doubts is the relatively low playerbase, sometime we got like 2k players in the evening when ranked is on but sometimes its under 1k, i hope after all missing features like trading, warbands, the new map and the last classes and full release you guys from psyonix got enough capacity for some kind of advertisement campaign - in a nutshell i really love Nosgoth and your work guys, keep it on please! merry christmas to everyone!

  25. #25
    I keep playing because I had a PVP urge, granted nosgoth isn't the most balanced competitive multiplayer experience, but compared to another game I was playing it was significantly better. The main reason I quit the PVP in that game was due to overpowered and unbeatable healers that were completely invincible, PVP turned in to a game of whoever had the most healers won and if both sides had the same amount of healers you spent 10-20 minutes wailing on each other with no one ever dying ever.

    This game doesn't have that issue and is significantly more fun.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 Last