Thread: Nosgoth Launcher Troubleshooting

Nosgoth Launcher Troubleshooting

I don´t think a different directory is an issue, I myself have all my steam games on my D drive, while steam is on C and the game works.

Hi guys,
    I'm having a problem when trying to launch the game, when I click the play button its gray for a couple of seconds and nothing happens and then its active again but the game didn't launch.

I have tried:
    - re installing steam, the game, unlinked the steam acc and link back again, resintalled .net framework
    - started as admin and in compatibility mode

In the log file (debbug) I'm getting "ERROR:renderer_main.cc(212) Running without renderer sandbox" couldn't find why the game isn't launching at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brand New MSi Laptop Game Won't Launch

As the title suggest I have a brand new gaming laptop that is capable of running the game and is updated but the game won't start so what do?

I have MSI laptop as well, what are your system specs? Did you download all the vcredist files? Did you link your accounts?

Specs

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz
    Memory: 8192 MB @ 1066 MHz
    - 8192 MB, DDR3-2133, Samsung M471A1G43DB0-CPB
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M, 3072 MB
    Graphics: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
    VBIOS Version: 84.04.76.00.28
    Drive: HDD, HGST HTS721010A9E630, 931,51 GB
    Network: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
    Network: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    Network: Killer e2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

VCredist

I have the latest version which is the 2015 one I think and I did link my account since I've played before a couple of years back.

VCredist

I have the latest version which is the 2015 one I think and I did link my account since I've played before a couple of years back.
    I think that is your issue right there. You need vcredist from 2010, 12, 13, somebody posted a list of them somewhere on the forum. Also, you need to relink your accounts again, otherwise it won´t work.

Deleted and reinstalled the 2010, 2012,2013 and 2015 version and still no bueno. I don't think it has to do with account linkage because I don't even get the launcher up just a quick steam startup message and then nothing.

Fixing problems like this should be top priority because usualy people won't try so hard to play the game and just forget about it. No bueno playerbase wise and thus company wise.

This is outrageous I have tried the various solutions that you have posted but nothing is working. I have done the 2 methods of the solutions but when I press the play button at the launcher it goes gray for a few seconds and then turns red. You people have to seriously look on this matter cause it isn't just me, its for many more as well and I do not want my money wasted on this game that I cant access due to some problem.

I fixed it by installing Ghost Recon Phantoms which also installed Windows Netframe work 3.5. after that the game launched or it could be some other game I installed but I think it was Ghost Recon Phantoms but now I come to find that my account has been reset.

From one problem to another and when I'm in game with my old account I hope its not going to be a Lobby Simulator like in the past

Originally Posted by Sophax
    I fixed it by installing Ghost Recon Phantoms
    Unfortunately this did not work for me, it might have been some other game.

I have the same problem as well. Tried everything and still not working... And this happened after latest patch, hope this will be fixed soon...

Well, can't seem to play with my friends on steam...must add them as friends on this launcher first. You all ok with this?
    P.S They even change your name with the account on square enix.
    P.P.S Can't upload a new pic for my profile picture.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Temp92
    Well, can't seem to play with my friends on steam...must add them as friends on this launcher first. You all ok with this?
    P.S They even change your name with the account on square enix.
    P.P.S Can't upload a new pic for my profile picture.
    I have this problem too. All my friends on Nosgoth appeared to have gone, but still on Steam as far I can see. Some other strange things:

1) League data doesn't appear to accurately tallying. But I will try take photos screenshots just to prove to myself I am not going mad
    2) Some bodies are doing weird things like making a booming sound (which I am tempted to say leave in as it's kind of funny)
    3) If you try and log out of the game it crashes and you have to restart your whole system.
    signature image

Not only cannot see my steam friends, but even after adding them to SE list, it bugs horribly. Invitation messages do not arrive, or if they do, they do not add a player into the party. In 2 hours, only succesfull party invitation got ruined after the member I invited got mysteriously kicked out of the lobby.

Help, after the Beast Master Patch, Nosgoth doesn't work anymore, the launcher is still up, but when i click play, this error show up : "the program can't start because apiclient.dll is missing from your computer"
    I've tried to re-install like 4 times already and it's not working.

I have exactly the same problem than DuongDore but the error is: "the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll" is missing from your computer".

Originally Posted by vampirestates
    I have exactly the same problem than DuongDore but the error is: "the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll" is missing from your computer".
    This .DLL is VC Redist 2015 .DLL, I am fighting to install it one whole day, and even after having it installed the game still doesn't run. I've tried over 10 methods and fixes, nothing works, I am exhausted....it is sad that after being with Nosgoth since the begining, some players are no longer able to play the game. Nosgoth was one of the games I really loved. What could one such update do....many bad things.

Yeah I also had the black screen of death a couple of times trying to log in. And my win/loss ratio keeps going up without me playing games! I took phone photos to evidence it (everytime I try screen shot it doesn't come out right).
    signature image

Originally Posted by DuongDore
    Help, after the Beast Master Patch, Nosgoth doesn't work anymore, the launcher is still up, but when i click play, this error show up : "the program can't start because apiclient.dll is missing from your computer"
    I've tried to re-install like 4 times already and it's not working.
    Originally Posted by vampirestates
    Originally Posted by JesyMynce
    This .DLL is VC Redist 2015 .DLL, I am fighting to install it one whole day, and even after having it installed the game still doesn't run. I've tried over 10 methods and fixes, nothing works, I am exhausted....it is sad that after being with Nosgoth since the begining, some players are no longer able to play the game. Nosgoth was one of the games I really loved. What could one such update do....many bad things.
    Originally Posted by Sluagh
    Yeah I also had the black screen of death a couple of times trying to log in. And my win/loss ratio keeps going up without me playing games! I took phone photos to evidence it (everytime I try screen shot it doesn't come out right).
    Hi there,

Please ensure that your version of Windows is up to date. This can be done by running Windows Update. Once that is done, run all of the pre-requisites mentioned in the first post in this thread.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

"Unable to connect to online suite..." WHY!? I turned off my firewall, antivirus, brandmauer, but it doesn't work! Т_Т What am I doing wrong now?

So hows the fixin patch coming along? I am closing in on some days off of work now and Im planning to bring some friends in to this game. But as it is atm Im prob not gonna do that.

im not going to introduce them to a game where I have to sit at my Pc and act Tech support for my friends that lives in diff cities and countries.

(click image to enlarge)

You should follow this thread for updates about the next hotfix.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=187797
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    You should follow this thread for updates about the next hotfix.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=187797
    Read it but didnt really get a sense of date / progress % with the fix patch. Thats why I asked

(click image to enlarge)

So I have to unlink/relink/unlink/relink my Steam account and then start Nosgoth, close it, and start it again before Nosgoth works.

Apparently putting my computer into hibernation resets this. Once it crashed in the middle of a deathmatch and I had to unlink and relink before I could find servers again.

There are people who put less effort into appeasing the restless spirits of the angry dead than I do into pleasing the launcher gods.

Please make game playable, thanks.

okay basically:

1. My launcher is SOMETIMES blacked or error 506 or whatever its called
    2. Says I cant play because my square enix isnt linked or data cant be found
    3. When i join game - it says "searching for best match" which is a lost cause to wait for because i can wait forever and it doesnt come so i have to completely restart nosgoth, but closing launcher and closing the game ofc. And when the match is over and i disconnect from the server to go into a different server it restarts the same thing "searching for best match" and it wont
    and if i restart it im at risk again of problem 1 and 2

Page 4 of 5 First First 12345 Last