Thread: Nosgoth Launcher Troubleshooting

Nosgoth Launcher Troubleshooting

Nosgoth won't start at all

Hello everybody, I bought a new PC (MSI GE62). I installed and updated GPU driver, dotnet 4.5.2, vcredits, directx etc.
    I installed game via "Back-up file" When I try to play game even the launcher won't start, not seem working in
    task manager when ı try to open. I tried "-nosurvet" etc. codes, not helpful. Tried all compatibility options. There are no errors no nothing. Just not responding at all. What should I do?

Back-up file is working btw, I tried with other computers.

I got MSI GE72 and it works fine here.
    I installed game via "Back-up file"
    I think that might be the issue. I have brought over the files from steam apps folder to my new pc, but it did not recognize them so had to download over. Also, you have to link your account correctly for the launcher to actually work.

I tried to re-download the game. Also re-downloaded GPU driver, directX, vcredist, steam and all over. But nothings has changed. Btw my SE account linked to my Steam account without a problem.

Hmm, that is indeed weird. My launcher at least started up so I was able to link up my accounts properly (I´ve did that long time ago but had to do it again). Maybe you can upload your crashlogs?

Actually I don't know where the crash logs stored. If you can tell I will upload it.

I found the file in "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs" but there are no crash logs, I think thats because of the game won't respond at all when I try to Play. I just click the Play and nothing happening. Also aI tried to start directly from "Nosgoth.exe" and "NosgohtLauncher.exe" but still not any response. Even not seems on the task manager.

Log: Log file open, 01/02/16 01:09:55
    DevNet: Wants NAT Traversal: TRUE
    Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
    Log: ... running in INSTALLED mode
    Init: Language extension: INT
    Init: Language extension: INT
    DevConfig: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\..\BCMPGame\Config\BCMPUI.ini
    Init: Version: 151216.123847
    Init: Compiled (32-bit): Dec 8 2015 17:19:06
    Init: Command line:
    Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\
    [0000.23] Init: Computer: MSI
    [0000.23] Init: User: cemca
    [0000.23] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=8
    [0000.23] Init: High frequency timer resolution =2.630644 MHz
    [0000.23] Init: Memory total: Physical=15.9GB (16GB approx) Pagefile=18.8GB Virtual=4.0GB
    [0000.31] Log: Game restarting within Steam client, exiting
    [0000.31] Log: appRequestExit(0)
    [0000.31] DevNet: Wants NAT Traversal: TRUE
    [0000.31] Init: Presizing for 0 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
    [0000.31] Init: Object subsystem initialized
    [0000.94] Log: Detected Perf Level: 1 2 0
    [0001.29] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
    [0001.29] Log: Adapter has 1995MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 2100MB of shared system memory
    [0001.30] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 1: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5600
    [0001.30] Log: Adapter has 128MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 3967MB of shared system memory
    [0001.30] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 2: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    [0001.30] Log: Adapter has 0MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 4095MB of shared system memory
    [0001.31] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
    [0003.79] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
    [0007.62] Exit: Preparing to exit.
    [0007.62] Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
    [0007.62] Exit: Preparing to exit.
    [0007.62] Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
    [0007.63] Exit: Exiting.
    [0007.63] Log: Log file closed, 01/02/16 01:10:03
    Btw this is the last Launch-backup log. It says "Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED" Is it the problem or what else?

I can play any other game that need PhysX but just Nosgoth not responding at all.

EDIT: I tried to install "SMITE". When I try to open the game, some DirectX thing installed. And after I try to Nosgoth and it opened. I don't actually get it but some minus parts completed while other game try to preliminary
    Last edited by Bazielim; 2nd Jan 2016 at 16:04. Reason: consecutive posts merged

Originally Posted by LaveHawk
    I have a problem with start, when I click play in steam, the window with" starting game..." after few second disappear, I update everything and I already do reinstall steam and twice nosgoth
    you solved this problem?

Yeah, those were the right logs. Ah, it seems it was missing a dll - I remember that on mine I was missing x3daudio.dll. Great to hear it´s solved!

Still cant launch the game

Edit: Ok Manually download Netframework 4.5 (theres a newer one out but I think its still in beta use with caution)
    Then I had to download "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5555

and just to be sure i added "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)" from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=13523

and I was able to launch nosgoth
    Last edited by MasterShuriko; 9th Jan 2016 at 22:50.

(click image to enlarge)

I'm having this issue, and the fixes don't work for me..

Which issue specifically?What happens when you try to start the game?

Please try installing all of the utilities found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

The play button is gray and I can't click on it, I was play nosgoth this morning so don't really understand why it happened..

Originally Posted by Nisoo91
    i have this problem i dont know what to do for it :/
    2015-12-23 04:17:53,846 [1] FATAL PhosphorousClient.App.Program [(null)] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
    File name: 'CefSharp.Core.dll'
    SAME ISSUE

2016-01-11 21:56:12,103 [1] INFO PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController [(null)] - Current directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth
    2016-01-11 21:56:12,119 [1] INFO PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController [(null)] - Installation directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth
    2016-01-11 21:56:12,119 [1] INFO PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController [(null)] - Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\NosgothLauncher.exe" -steam
    2016-01-11 21:56:12,119 [1] INFO PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController [(null)] - Command args: -steam
    2016-01-11 21:56:12,143 [1] FATAL PhosphorousClient.App.Program [(null)] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
    at PhosphorousClient.App.Commands.RunNormallyCommand.InitCef()
    at PhosphorousClient.App.Commands.RunNormallyCommand.Run()
    at PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController.Start()
    at PhosphorousClient.App.Program.Main()

I have all the necessary files from the original post, and my launcher fails to start and this is what is in my launcher log. can someone please explain whats going on here. System.IO.filenotfoundexception seems like something to do with framework but i uninstalled and reinstalled that along with other files that could cause launcher problems. now im at a loss, cant play the game because of this issue.

Originally Posted by Skittles95
    The play button is gray and I can't click on it, I was play nosgoth this morning so don't really understand why it happened..
    If you have not already try the solutions for "Gray Play Button" in the original post, if these don't work take a look at this, I know it worked for a different solution but you never know!

Originally Posted by msfortune44
    SAME ISSUE

2016-01-11 21:56:12,103 [1] INFO PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController [(null)] - Current directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth
    2016-01-11 21:56:12,119 [1] INFO PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController [(null)] - Installation directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth
    2016-01-11 21:56:12,119 [1] INFO PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController [(null)] - Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\NosgothLauncher.exe" -steam
    2016-01-11 21:56:12,119 [1] INFO PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController [(null)] - Command args: -steam
    2016-01-11 21:56:12,143 [1] FATAL PhosphorousClient.App.Program [(null)] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
    at PhosphorousClient.App.Commands.RunNormallyCommand.InitCef()
    at PhosphorousClient.App.Commands.RunNormallyCommand.Run()
    at PhosphorousClient.App.ApplicationController.Start()
    at PhosphorousClient.App.Program.Main()

I have all the necessary files from the original post, and my launcher fails to start and this is what is in my launcher log. can someone please explain whats going on here. System.IO.filenotfoundexception seems like something to do with framework but i uninstalled and reinstalled that along with other files that could cause launcher problems. now im at a loss, cant play the game because of this issue.
    If you think it is a Netframe issue, have you tried downloading the later verion (check your system is capable of running it first though!)

Since you obviously can't get to the bottom of this, I'll give you a hand...

your steam ticket api call, launcher GET user request returns a 401, 412 and 404 server errors :

https://membership.square-enix.com/a...sgoth_launcher

402:
    {"error":{"code":"ticket_error","message":"Invalid ticket"}}

412:
    {"error":{"code":"steam_error","message":"Invalid parameter"}}

404:
    {"error":{"code":"sem_user_not_found","message":"User not found in membership"}}

the launcher's GET request is passing an invalid parameter in the api ticket call to steam...

In other words! The play button is grey because the launcher is unable to sync sessions between you and steam due to invalid parameters passed in the api request.

There is Nothing the users who experience this can do to fix it (and you and I know it)

You are more than welcome to pass this to your developers...which I hope are aware of the issue mentioned.

cheers
    Last edited by Nazgewl; 13th Jan 2016 at 00:15.

Originally Posted by Nazgewl
    In other words! The play button is grey because the launcher is unable to sync sessions between you and steam due to invalid parameters passed in the api request.

There is Nothing the users who experience this can do to fix it (and you and I know it)
    Actually you would be incorrect there, at least in some cases, as I personally suffered with the grayed out play button bug and it was fixed by the suggested fixes posted in the original post, other people's have been fixed by the changes I suggested in the post above yours. I'm not saying these are fixes in all cases but it does help in some cases.

Thank you for the information hopefully the devs will square this away soon.

After further investigating the problem, I have managed to fix it for myself.

Maybe it might help others:
    The problem is basically that the square enix account and steam account are not synced.

The solution is quite simple considering you understand the problem:

-= the short guide to fixing this is: unlink steam and square enix (if you are allready linked) and link it back up! that will solve it =-

For those who need detailed explanation on how to do this, follow these stpes:

[1] Check if your steam account is linked with square enix:
    If you know for a fact you account is NOT LINKED, skip to step [2]...If it is linked read on:

Here is How to access the SqureEnix account link section: when running the Nosgoth launcher through steam you will see in the right side of the launcher (above the problematic grey play button) an option to "Link" accounts!, if it's there then you are not linked....if not there, that means you are lniked!

If your account is already linked, you must UNLINK IT! that is done through the squre enix site.

[2] now that everyone is UNlinked what you need to do is logout from square enix using the game launcher (top right corner) -> close the launcher and close STEAM
    [3] open steam again and launch nosgoth: once in launcher choose LINK my account and in the linking screen opened choose STEAM -> LINK STEAM AND SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNTS using your STEAM USER ACCOUNT ( not your mail...not you login, but your STEAM ACCOUNT NAME) - if you do not know what it is...simply log into steam Main App. and in the main user interface look for it in the top right corner!

once you do this correctly your Steam session is properly linked and the play button should be clickable from the Nosgoth launcher!

you are all very welcome.
    Last edited by Nazgewl; 15th Jan 2016 at 17:18.

Still having this issue. I hit play and it just goes grey. Spent hours trying all the solutions i could find. nothing worked though.

After getting new hardware and reinstalling the system (same Win7 as before) I started getting the nonfunctional play button problem, even though I had played without any problems since the launcher came out.

I can't make the instructions work (method 2). After point 9, it doesn't start the game, it keeps "checking linked account" forever, no matter how many times I log out and restart launcher and steam.

If I click "manage my account" while it's doing that and link the accounts I go back to the same problem I started with - the play button does nothing (other than going grey and red again), and my name is not visible in the upper right corner (there's nothing there).

Originally Posted by Nazgewl
    [3] open steam again and launch nosgoth: once in launcher choose LINK my account and in the linking screen opened choose STEAM
    I assume you mean the "manage my account" button that appears after you enter your SE details? That didn't work for me either. Whenever the accounts are linked when I click play nothing happens.

[edit] lol typo triggered censor.

[edit] After the latest patch I was able to launch the game (I linked accounts while it was "checking linked accounts" and this time it worked).
    Last edited by Ysanoire; 21st Jan 2016 at 17:13.

Originally Posted by ThiefKa
    you solved this problem?
    I still have this problem :/

@LaveHawk ^ I had that too. That particular problem went away when I removed all nosgoth files from 'my games' folder (I had them restored from a previous system when I installed the game).

from documents I delete nostgoth, but when I reinstal game, the new files nosgoth don't appear. Maybe because of that the game is crash all the time ?

I think the new config files will make themselves once you launch the game for the first time. At least I didn't have a problem with that, it just created fresh ones.

Can you send that files to me ? I will be grateful.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith

(click image to enlarge)
    OG, pretty please, can you confirm that someone is looking into moving the "Play" button somewhere else or making the launcher window smaller?

Originally Posted by LaveHawk
    Can you send that files to me ? I will be grateful.
    I don't think using someone else's files will help you. Like I said, having leftover nosgoth folder was what caused the problem for me in the first place. If you have clean 'my documents' and the game still won't start then I don't know what else to suggest sorry ^^;

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last