Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Movie Speculation

Movie Speculation

Movie Casting Suggestions

I thought i'd get our movie speculation going again.

I just saw Gladiator again (for about the thousandth time) and I would challenge anyone who says that Russell Crowe would play JC poorly. I think his versatility is amazing, with roles as cerebral as in a Beautiful Mind, as tough as Gladiator or as sneaky as the Insider, elements that make JC what he has become. Comments?

In case people wish to refer back to our previous discussion and speculation about the upcoming Deus Ex Movie:

Casting Suggestions:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=&threadid=655

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=&threadid=658

Plot Speculation:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...=&threadid=656
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

The title of this thread is misleading. I prefer your original title "Movie Casting Suggestions". As for Crowe, his age, looks and style is the opposite of JC's. I think he would be a very poor choice.

His looks can be changed, he doesn't have a beard in all his movies. He also looks young enough to play JC imo. Whether I respect him or not as a person is another issue. All i'm saying is I think he could play the part well.
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

Someone suggested Hugh Jackman, and I didn't know who he was until yesterday. I watched Kate & Leopold, and all during the movie I kept trying to envision the actor as JC. While he's very handsome and all, I'm not sure if he's rugged enough. Of course, they can do wonders with makeup.

Hugh Jackman not rugged enough? Go watch X-Men.

I think Jackman looks good as JC. And I think he is pretty rugged from pics I saw of him on the net. I have never seen him in motion though.

funny. i could have sworn Catman had moved both the plot & casting threads over here. hmm. i must be having one of those "cross universe" happenings again. very odd.

oh well, anyway.

gamegirl, i'm not laughing AT you, but i was ROFLMAO at your statement about Jackman not being rugged enough and then Xeno's response for you to go watch X-men. an earlier objection to Jackman was because he was too gritty (ala X-men) and NOT smooth enough to look engineered (not exact quote). my response to that was to go watch Kate & Leopold.

Ice, still not sure about Crowe. not an awful choice, but i'm not sure i like him in the role. course, there was a TON of objection to Tom Cruise playing Lestat before the movie because he didn't seem right. after the movie it was omigod, Tom Cruise was a FANTASTIC Lestat. who knew.

oldgrrl
    i'll think up a new signature later.

The move is in progress. I have to edit the files heavily before posting them -- removing unnecessary HTML code for the most part. They should be ready for posting later this afternoon (CDT).

Originally posted by oldgrrl
    gamegirl, i'm not laughing AT you, but i was ROFLMAO at your statement about Jackman not being rugged enough and then Xeno's response for you to go watch X-men. an earlier objection to Jackman was because he was too gritty (ala X-men) and NOT smooth enough to look engineered (not exact quote). my response to that was to go watch Kate & Leopold.
    ROFL!! I do remember watching x-men when it came out in theatres, but I wasn't paying much attention to the actors at the time. I'll have to rent it. Which part did Jackman play?

Wolverine.

If we're talking realistically, just remember that this is a movie based on a computer game. It may be a good computer game, but I somehow doubt that Russell Crowe will accept a role in it.

Oh I agree, my implication was that Crowe could play the part of JC well. I do not expect to him to actually play the role.
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

I hear that the next issue of PC Gamer will have some info on the Deus Ex Movie, i'll pick it up.
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

I was watching The Practice the other day, and I started thinking, what about Dylan McDermott as Paul? I think he'd be perfect.

i don't watch Practice very often so refresh my memory. is he the lead lawyer guy? the one i'm always confusing with whatzisname from Friends (which i also don't watch very often)? anyway, if so, i think he'd be too young. Paul seems older than that to me.

but then we get into the age/makeup thing again. sorry. i'm confusing myself.

Yeah, he plays Bobby Donnell, the lead lawyer. I don't think he's too young -- his character in the show is in his mid to late 30s I think, which is around Paul's age.

Ick. I don't know why, but I can't stand that guy. He looks shifty to me or something.

I know what you are saying. I feel the same. His looks seems better suited for bad roles then good roles.

Originally posted by gamergirl
    Ick. I don't know why, but I can't stand that guy. He looks shifty to me or something.
    I can't say I agree, but wouldn't that be good for Paul anyway? You don't really know what side he's on to begin with.

well, actually i always pictured Paul as being a tad on the self-rightous side. all noble and stuff. remember how he was always on JC when JC killed people (purpose or accidently). so regardless of the side he was on, he was doing what he did for the greater good.

and gamegirl, i agree. that guy always looked a little shifty to me, too. it might be one of the reasons i could never get into that show. the lead did absolutely nothing for me. (well, that and it was all super drama & other boring stuff like that.)

oldgrrl

DEJ,
    you know, it occurs to me that, since the original casting & plot threads are locked, even though they're here they will eventually get pushed to the thread graveyard. how about editing your opening post for this thread to add links to the others so new people to here can read them (if they want.)

whatcha think?

oldgrrl

A fine idea, your orders have been carried out
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

Originally posted by oldgrrl
    and gamegirl, i agree. that guy always looked a little shifty to me, too. it might be one of the reasons i could never get into that show. the lead did absolutely nothing for me. (well, that and it was all super drama & other boring stuff like that.)
    Apparently some people think that guy's handsome. <shudder>

For JC's part, I think big muscles are the way to go

ah. muscles. you know, silly me, i forgot all about muscles. now i'll have to start over.

hmm. hmm. ok, whom have i seen sans shirt?

errr..moviewise i mean. (blush)

Yes finally two sane people! I don't know why most people who have been giving casting suggestion have been ignoring the physique aspects.

Probably because actors can change their appearance and put on muscles quickly before they play a role, so it doesn't really matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last