Thread: i don't think there's hope of a change..

i don't think there's hope of a change..

first of all, i'd like to say that this is THE BEST community i have ever seen/experienced. typing my first post i was expecting at least 1 of that-one-guy to make fun of me, found NONE!

why are we even trying tho? the game is done! i'm 90% sure that there won't be another patch for the game unless a different season appears which would be next E3 or never. i don't think dontnod is this much listening to the community that they could add a whole new ending*, they're just a tiny studio, took them 2 years to make a small game with PS2 Graphics*, adding a whole new ending sounds like alot of work for them. obviously they won't do it for free, pretty sure they won't add DLC just for another ending, pretty sure square enix doesn't care either. why are we living in the hope of a change a change when there isn't any?

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=182717
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix645 View Post
    At least watching it and let the feelings go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkntC5_Aco0

Felix

i'd love to PAY for a DLC with new ending or donate if they need it to make it happen, but what if they don't? i think thats the case. they want the story to be finished? for good?

*new ending: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=182711
    *Making LiS since April 2013? i dont remember where i read that.

Exactly. They finished the game. If they had bigger budget, maybe they would make an extended ending or something but I think they are happy with their ending. The game is over. If you (anybody, not you TechnoManiac ) are upset about the end and don't like it, you can either be keep it your whole life, or accept the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    If they had bigger budget, maybe they would make an extended ending
    Well, there's Kickstarter (see Dreamfall Chapters) and Square Enix has it's own startup platform (http://collective.square-enix.com/) - i've no doubt that LiS opened some doors for Dontnod.

In the future, I just hope they don't try and sell the product as one that revolutionizes player choices and provides multiple endings contingent on those choices. There's not really a problem with the game itself, it lies more within the marketing of it. I was one of the few that never expected player choice to really matter because I played too many of these games that make the same claims and all of them end up with the same multiple paths that eventually lead to the same destination. I enjoy the ride, but I can understand why many would feel cheated. Sell the game as "a character driven point and click adventure" game. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by iReturnVideotapes View Post
    In the future, I just hope they don't try and sell the product as one that revolutionizes player choices and provides multiple endings contingent on those choices. There's not really a problem with the game itself, it lies more within the marketing of it. I was one of the few that never expected player choice to really matter because I played too many of these games that make the same claims and all of them end up with the same multiple paths that eventually lead to the same destination. I enjoy the ride, but I can understand why many would feel cheated. Sell the game as "a character driven point and click adventure" game. Problem solved.
    Actually, they could have said " the story changes depending on choices you make", because it does. The wrong part is "multiple endings". And Life is Strange isn't point and click, it's fully 3D and you can move absolutely freely (unlike Telltale games).
    Last edited by Tataboj; 2nd Nov 2015 at 12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by iReturnVideotapes View Post
    Or just have any expectations regarding games in general and whatever you do, ignore any and all marketing ploys. Generally they serve to spark interest in the product by all means, witch I find usually ends up being half truths and lies.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

They most likely do nothing.

But still there are, at the moment, 5400 people who has signed a petition for an extended ending. Can dontnod just ignore them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    But still there are, at the moment, 5400 people who has signed a petition for an extended ending. Can dontnod just ignore them?
    that's the point i'm trying to make, its their game. if they want it to end it ends, if they decide to make one ending smaller than the other, they do so. if they choose to ignore 5000 people, they can ignore.

after a few sleepless nights now i just want this game out of my head, i have lost all hopes of a new/different ending.. i'm only expecting S02 at e3 2016 with a few Easter eggs from S01 depending on the ending choice you made, like meeting max if sacrificed Chloe or meeting max and Chloe if sacrificed Arcadia Bay

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoManiac98 View Post
    that's the point i'm trying to make, its their game. if they want it to end it ends, if they decide to make one ending smaller than the other, they do so. if they choose to ignore 5000 people, they can ignore.

after a few sleepless nights now i just want this game out of my head, i have lost all hopes of a new/different ending.. i'm only expecting S02 at e3 2016 with a few Easter eggs from S01 depending on the ending choice you made, like meeting max if sacrificed Chloe or meeting max and Chloe if sacrificed Arcadia Bay
    Or meeting Max and Warren. Or Max and Samuel. Or Max and Victoria. I want season 2!