Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Devil's Night Event

Devil's Night Event

Devil's Night Event

Please make the Devils Night event like last year: https://www.nosgoth.com/blog/devil-s-night-is-coming
    i dont like this chest thing.

Nobody likes the chests, yet some still buy them - looking at everyone who ever posted a thread about how they bought fifty chests for one skin - and in so doing encourage miserable ideas.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 26th Oct 2015 at 21:47.

Now the Devil's Night Event started and it's only possible to get the Bloody Survivor skin by gambling with the new chest...

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    I checked in with the team about the Bloody Survivor skin. It was indeed limited in the store so it got removed a few days ago, but we'll be looking at bringing it back another way. Stay tuned.
    With other words now:
    "I checked in with the team about the Bloody Survivor skin. Indeed we forgot to pronounce that the skin will only be limited as well as we forgot to set a day-left-timer in the store. But don't worry folks, we will make it up for you...
    ...with our event-chest where u can gamble for it!! You have an unbelievable chance of 2,77% to earn the skin now!!!!1!oneeleven"

Thats an average investment of 36x400=14.400 runestones to win the skin!!

I think it's better if i don't tell you what I think about the politics/management of Psyonix or I could get banned.

Just one little advice from me "do not bite the hand that feeds you"
    But you are ripping off the arm
    gg
    Last edited by Bazielim; 27th Oct 2015 at 11:10. Reason: Tou # 16

Originally Posted by MuShYRoOM
    Why not? The hands continue to feed.

The best way to solve this new chests debate would be to do the following:

-Make chests incredibly rare (like occult drop in league rare), but allow them to be opened without a key. In the meantime
    -Make chests buy-able in store. And last
    -Remove 'useless' drops. With this I mean the uncanny and arcane drops.

Let me explain why:
    Removing the drops nobody wants ensures that more people will want the chests. People who do not want to buy them will play more games to obtain them. Those who think that just playing won't get them fast enough will buy them.
    Just imagine how hyped you would be when you would fine one of these chests. You won't think: Damn, not another one of these chests that will clutter my inventory. So yeah. Those are my 2 cents.. Do with it what you want.

(Also, for the people who think that buying them would mean it became p2w: Unlike common believe, skins DO NOT equal skill. Neither do special weapon effects. So because the uncanny and arcane drops would be removed, it no longer would count as 'p2w' (which it never did, because you couldn't pick your effect))
    Last edited by Bazielim; 27th Oct 2015 at 11:12.

With other words now:
    "I checked in with the team about the Bloody Survivor skin. Indeed we forgot to pronounce that the skin will only be limited as well as we forgot to set a day-left-timer in the store. But don't worry folks, we will make it up for you...
    ...with our event-chest where u can gamble for it!! You have an unbelievable chance of 2,77% to earn the skin now!!!!1!oneeleven"

Thats an average investment of 36x400=14.400 runestones to win the skin!!

I think it's better if i don't tell you what I think about the politics/management of Psyonix or I could get banned.

But you are ripping off the arm
    gg
    QFT and well said.

At least give us a runestone price for the skin/banners. No I am not going to gamble away all my money (or any of it) for the chance to get what I want. Yes if you gave me a set price I can actually weigh up I would consider buying something.

This gambling thing has gone too far. Grab your pitchforks people and tell Square/Psionix what you think of these chests.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 27th Oct 2015 at 11:11.

Once introduced this terrible little rng loot chests of doom will never go away . There is always some whale more than willing to blow hundreds of dollars on one item through extremely slim RNG, and developers / Company's will never learn their lesson.

Just sell the chests content in the store. I don't care for the Devils Items anyway, got them last year for gold and I won't buy a chest for the 1% chance to get one of those new banners. Why are chests a thing now anyway? People were already unhappy when they sold the Molten Items for runestones only and now they made it even worse...

Originally Posted by Louves
    Just sell the chests content in the store. I don't care for the Devils Items anyway, got them last year for gold and I won't buy a chest for the 1% chance to get one of those new banners. Why are chests a thing now anyway? People were already unhappy when they sold the Molten Items for runestones only and now they made it even worse...
    OMG Louves - y u so stupid.
    Chestz are OP!!!
    Moar Chestz plz
    Take my money now!!!

~ From the collection "Things nobody said... ever"

Hey everyone,

First up, I want to highlight the last sentence in yesterday's Devil's Night blog post, it's certainly something that you don't want to overlook .

https://www.nosgoth.com/blog/devil-s...oon-be-upon-us

Secondly, I understand that bringing two new Chests into the store in such a short space of time can be a little overwhelming. I want to emphasize the fact that this is not a precedent being set for our Chest release schedule. While we will eventually release more Chests, we won't be releasing one every week, certainly not :P.

As for the Chests themselves and the content contained therein. As someone relatively new to the Nosgoth team, one of the things that that I love about the game and its teams, is that everyone at Square Enix and Psyonix has gone out of their way to avoid selling items that have outright statistical advantages over those that you can unlock for free. That's a difficult thing to do as you can make a great deal more profit from outright locking performance behind a paywall. That's something that's still extremely common in free to play games today. Cosmetics, the vast array of them and those that are only available in Chests, are a huge part of the reason we're able to run Nosgoth like this. It's not easy, but we're doing our best to find a balanced approach to avoiding paying for performance, but still being able to support Nosgoth; and continue bringing new updates and developments to the game that we've sunk so many loving hours into.

Oh, and don't forget that last sentence in yesterday's blog post .
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Hey everyone,

First up, I want to highlight the last sentence in yesterday's Devil's Night blog post, it's certainly something that you don't want to overlook .

Secondly, I understand that bringing two new Chests into the store in such a short space of time can be a little overwhelming. I want to emphasize the fact that this is not a precedent being set for our Chest release schedule. While we will eventually release more Chests, we won't be releasing one every week, certainly not :P.

As for the Chests themselves and the content contained therein. As someone relatively new to the Nosgoth team, one of the things that that I love about the game and its teams, is that everyone at Square Enix and Psyonix has gone out of their way to avoid selling items that have outright statistical advantages over those that you can unlock for free. That's a difficult thing to do as you can make a great deal more profit from outright locking performance behind a paywall. That's something that's still extremely common in free to play games today. Cosmetics, the vast array of them and those that are only available in Chests, are a huge part of the reason we're able to run Nosgoth like this. It's not easy, but we're doing our best to find a balanced approach to avoiding paying for performance, but still being able to support Nosgoth; and continue bringing new updates and developments to the game that we've sunk so many loving hours into.

The complaint was that there are too many chests already. I'd be more accepting of them if the items were split according value so you're guaranteed something of the value you payed for (Eg. Guaranteed a skin, but which one is still random.), but most would rather they be done away with altogether in favor of items you can just buy directly.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 27th Oct 2015 at 12:02.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Louves
    Exactly. Will someone listen, one day ? But how can you balance the sound of the #moniez falling into your till with a group of unhappy and disatisfied people ? (rhetorical question).

Please Chris, don't tell me you're going to randomly drop Devil's items during the 31st night only ? Some of us won't be able to play that night...

Chests are trash.
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

the point is not about relese too type of chest in short time, is about the chest system itself.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    I checked in with the team about the Bloody Survivor skin. It was indeed limited in the store so it got removed a few days ago, but we'll be looking at bringing it back another way. Stay tuned.
    Just admit it, the skin was never limited with a top secret timer in the store nobody knew about.
    It was just removed because u got the great idea to bring the skin back with the new event-chests with the hope to make them more attractive to us...

Cosmetics, the vast array of them and those that are only available in Chests, are a huge part of the reason we're able to run Nosgoth like this.
    So it was a big mistake by you to sell the Bloody Survivor skin directly in store before for 2000 runestones and now with the chest-only option you are able to run Nosgoth like this?!..
    And where is the problem to put the skin into the store as well?
    I really dont get it, can u enlighten me?

1 year before it was no problem to put the event-items in store for gold and runestones, then with the molten items u started to up your community with runestone-only prizes.
    Now you started with the most broken league system ever in a game-history and put 10.000$ prizemoney into?!
    and now you want the money back from us by gambling with the new chest-system for event-items?
    Just.. what the hell is wrong with you guys..
    Last edited by MuShYRoOM; 27th Oct 2015 at 18:04.

You can be extremely unlucky with chests also and a big losing streak with no skin is a thing that can happen according to devs. They will also not offer refunds for chests because of the randomized nature of it.

I spent $140 in Sept-Oct buying exalted chests. I have opened up 30+ of them and gotten no skin. If your looking for skins be very careful because you might be unlucky.
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

Never have I seen a forum voice how much they hate something only to be answered by an increase in what they are standing against lol

"What you don't like chests? haha HERES SOME MOOOORRREE!"

I see the next chests coming...

"Hey guys, as you noticed we removed all skins from the store, now you will find for each class one chest (1000 runestones) where u can win a skin (if you are extremely lucky). The decision wasn't easy for us blabla but its only cosmetics blabla and other free2play games blabla.."

"And btw guys, dont forget to read the last sentence, when you are playing nosgoth on silvester at the 31. dec at 00:00 you might win a chest on the battlefield "
    Last edited by MuShYRoOM; 27th Oct 2015 at 19:19.

"And btw guys, dont forget to read the last sentence, when you are playing nosgoth on silvester at the 31. dec at 00:00 you might win a chest on the battlefield "
    This will make up for everything

Oh, you're right - WINTER CHESTS.
    Gotta have Winter Chests.
    Items will be ONE of TWO amazing winter skins (Vanguard and Vanguard) (.0001% each)
    as well as cool Mysterious, Arcane and Uncanny Skills and Weapons (99.9999% respectively)

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

(Please don't try to prove my predictions right...)
    Last edited by Bazielim; 27th Oct 2015 at 20:26. Reason: Tou #3 - bad language

It seems that the higher ups haven't been really receptive...

What should happen :

What's happening instead :

Hey everyone,

I can understand there needs to be a profit line but preying on a already small community with RNG boxes is not the answer, if you had the items indivdually it may not be the same exact margin but you would have a hell of alot less off people . Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Blackdeathteal; 28th Oct 2015 at 01:02.

Originally Posted by Truckposeidon

I spent $140 in Sept-Oct buying exalted chests. I have opened up 30+ of them and gotten no skin. If your looking for skins be very careful because you might be unlucky.
    Aaaand this is why chests are still a thing.

My 2 cents:

Chests are here to stay since they are a way for Nosgoth to make money...it works, so it's not going away.
    Personally it doesn't bother me...the game is free after all, i'm not mad with these tactics.

I do think it would be best if they made the odds better in the chests...it seems like too much of a gamble.
    Why the hell are there Arcane and Mysterious items in it, for example??? No one wants them, we want the good stuff like the skins and unique items...they are just there to make the odds of getting what you want worse...which is a bad idea i.m.o...

They should make chests only with skins and another chest only with unique items...no Arcane and Mysterious crap, and don't make chest with skin AND weapons...make a chest for each one. I'm sure people would try more, since at least this way you have a better chance of getting what you want (since for some reason they dont wanna put them directly in the store...)

Lastly, for the people that think the devils chest is bad comparing to last year's event...you can still get some items, all you gotta do it get into LEAGUES and achieve rank gold or higher...this way you get keys for free, and can get the items. It's not much, i know, but it's something :P

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    My 2 cents:

Chests are here to stay since they are a way for Nosgoth to make money...it works, so it's not going away.
    Personally it doesn't bother me...the game is free after all, i'm not mad with these tactics.

I do think it would be best if they made the odds better in the chests...it seems like too much of a gamble.
    Why the hell are there Arcane and Mysterious items in it, for example??? No one wants them, we want the good stuff like the skins and unique items...they are just there to make the odds of getting what you want worse...which is a bad idea i.m.o...

They should make chests only with skins and another chest only with unique items...no Arcane and Mysterious crap, and don't make chest with skin AND weapons...make a chest for each one. I'm sure people would try more, since at least this way you have a better chance of getting what you want (since for some reason they dont wanna put them directly in the store...)
    I agree with that. Yes, people would stop buying after they got what they wanted, BUT more people would be willing to try because they'd actually be in with a fair chance. It's a far more honest strategy than relying on a small subset of players having more money than sense. It WOULD balance out.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Page 1 of 2 12 Last