Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Devil's Night Event

Devil's Night Event

I said in my last rant about chests I wouldn’t rant about chests anymore…so I’m not going to…maybe…no that was a lie, a lie I tell you, this will probably be the most I have or ever will rant.

Prepare thyselves…

I am very very very very unimpressed by this Devil’s Night event so far, compared to last year which was pretty damn cool, you could get banners, special weapons etc in the store but also have the chance of winning stuff but this year NOPE you can have chests with a fraction of a possibility of getting something you want or some…piece of junk.

In truth I’ve kind of got to my limit, between the chests and the glowy stuff, I don’t mind if it’s in keeping with the world and I quite liked some of it when it came out for events eg. Devils Night event, Winter event but now its becoming over the top and makes the game look like some rave instead of an immersive world filled with vampires and humans battling for supremacy, and it’s like a chest every two seconds, and no I’m not complaining about Tyrants lack of clothing here, but I am beginning to really DISLIKE Nosgoth and its current business model *and breathe*.

Yes I completely understand they are here to make money as the games F2P and they have to bring out funky looking things to buy (I use that term loosely…should I replace this with be put into a chest to be gambled about winning) so it doesn’t make the game P2W but it appears gone are the days of actually being able to BUY anything that’s cool or interesting in the store or even having the chance of winning something at the end of a match that isn’t a chest.

I used to love coming home from work after secretly reading patch notes and being all hyped to be able to go buy an awesome new skin or banner or anything, but now with every patch that is released part of me dies inside. So this is my beg, please start to at least focus again, focus on some other things, maybe I don’t know anything, how about something connecting to lore, just anything, and maybe start selling some decent stuff in the store again and not just having chests, so this doesn't just become CHESTGOTH. I’m not saying get rid of chests completely, just at least provide us players with some options.

I've always been one of the “pro-Nosgoth” crowd since it was revealed to us, but now my love is waning…currently the friendships I've built up are the main thing that's keeping me playing...

/End rant
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 28th Oct 2015 at 14:00.

I loved this game from the first day on when i started playing it and put hundred of dollars into and almost own all skins which are available in the store.
    But the business model makes me hating the game now like never before..
    I already own all devil items from last year, and I'm sure i would buy all the devil items for vanguard and summoner which are new now, as well as the banners and the Bloody Survivor skin, but with the gamble-chests they won't earn 1 cent from me..
    The only chests I will open are with the league-keys..

And how the hell can you be so cheeky to your community, pronouncing a Bloody Survivor skin after last leagues which will be available in the store. Then you just removed it from the store and put it in the chest now with a 2,7% chance to gamble for...
    The skin is not even a Devil-Event-Item/Skin, you just put it in there..

For me it seems like you dont try to satisfy your small community anymore, you try to milk your community, but not with me and not with a lot of other players who loved to support this game.

I'm happy when this league will end this month, then i will do my biggest nosgoth break ever. I already feel like am done with this game now..

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I’m not saying get rid of chests completely[...]
    I am!

Originally Posted by MuShYRoOM
    I'm happy when this league will end this month, then i will do my biggest nosgoth break ever. I already feel like am done with this game now..
    Let's just stick to one bug bear at a time, coz THIS League might end, but the next is just around the corner...

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Cosmetics, the vast array of them and those that are only available in Chests, are a huge part of the reason we're able to run Nosgoth like this.
    Ehhh.... We've always known this was true, and we've always accepted paid cosmetics, and we WANT them. But this kind of stuff irritates me a little, because when we say we don't want cash rewards SE/Psyonix go "it's ok guys, we totally have a budget for it", but when we oppose paid lottery bullcrap, it's "yeah you know how it is, we need to make money somehow". We don't want stuff for free, we just want to choose what we buy and buy it for a reasonable price. We don't need to be bamboozled into spending money.

I'm going to agree with what people are saying about STOP WITH THE CHESTS! I personally have spent money on this game and will continue to spend money on this game, but I absolutely refuse to buy keys or chests, and they make me angry when things that we were able to get as random drops after matches are locked up behind being forced to buy a key.

Yes, I've made Blood Tier and can use my two keys on my Devil's Night chests, instead of unlocking one of my dozens of stockpiled chests from when they started months ago. But the fact that these items aren't dropping at all after matches anymore is insulting to me. I would rather spend tons of money on things that I want from the store directly then to gamble with the chest system as it is. Especially since they have a chance of getting arcane and uncanny and mysterious items. I'm not going to spend my money on those. I've bought RS's so that I could buy banners and am planning on buying some skins when I get settled into my new job financially, and I bought a founder's pack long after I had already gotten access to the game through a referral code over a year ago because I wanted to help fund the game and it gave me a couple of pretty cool items. So it's not like I'm just stingy and want everything for free! Quite the opposite!

I know you guys have to get paid. Yes, game development is expensive. But like most other people here have said, I think you would make a lot more money if you had everything on the market for Runestones. Even if they were limited, to help spur the "gotta get it now!" mentality, with letting us know ahead of time how long it would be available for. We'd be less irate and gladly throw our money at you to get things we wanted.

I don't mind microtransactions if they're done right. This chests/keys system is not doing it right. It just feels like the people in charge of the money side of things are laughing at us and flipping us the bird for all of our loyalty.

Also, I don't get to play in the ESL, so I can't make any judgment calls in regards to the way that was handled in regards to prize money and things like that, and I don't have anything wrong with prize money being given away during the Leagues (Hey, it gives me an excuse why I keep playing every chance I get to my Parental Units) but I have to agree with the people who think there's something not cool about milking us for every last penny with the chests, giving the reasoning that the game has to be funded somehow and this is the way to do it, and then having $10,000 offered as prize money afterward. :/

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    I think you would make a lot more money if you had everything on the market for Runestones.
    I think that's the whole problem. Some of us spent more than 120$ for ONE skin, so imagine the quantity of people who will never talk publicly about it. Let's say 2100RS (around 7,50euros depending on the amount purchased) VS 120euros... yes, the sales manager is all

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Ehhh.... We've always known this was true, and we've always accepted paid cosmetics, and we WANT them. But this kind of stuff irritates me a little, because when we say we don't want cash rewards SE/Psyonix go "it's ok guys, we totally have a budget for it", but when we oppose paid lottery bullcrap, it's "yeah you know how it is, we need to make money somehow". We don't want stuff for free, we just want to choose what we buy and buy it for a reasonable price. We don't need to be bamboozled into spending money.
    Precisely !

As Da_Wolv said : burn the chests to the ground !

I've always been one of the “pro-Nosgoth” crowd since it was revealed to us, but now my love is waning…

Nooooooooooooooooooo

currently the friendships I've built up are the main thing that's keeping me playing...
    Phoe, had a little panic attack here. I'm better now.

OK, I see this chest thing is a big thorn in the eye for many players including me. I know, SE need money for futher development but there are other ways.

For example, I have now 95 chests in my inventory, 95*400= 38000 runestones. (lol, thats not gonna happen)
    I have to buy 38000 runes for something i allready have or don't want, and thats just for the chests without skins. So the answer is no. Sorry.

If you guys put all that stuff from the chests in the store like the special weapons and all the skins I would love to spend 38000 runes in the store for something I want, but not with the chests, thats gambling and i don't gamble.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

Originally Posted by -Shiro-
    I think that's the whole problem. Some of us spent more than 120$ for ONE skin, so imagine the quantity of people who will never talk publicly about it.
    Congratulations. You are part of the problem.
    I am not even using my spare ESL Runestones on them now. I tried like 5 times, failed, I moved on.
    If they don't want to sell me stuff, fine.
    I am not spending Runestones on a gamble, for a game that they are running into the ground.
    Let alone spending real money...

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Congratulations. You are part of the problem.
    I am not even using my spare ESL Runestones on them now. I tried like 5 times, failed, I moved on.
    If they don't want to sell me stuff, fine.
    I am not spending Runestones on a gamble, for a game that they are running into the ground.
    Let alone spending real money...
    I did exactly like you : 5 chests, nothing more, then I promised I would never buy one of them again.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    I tried like 5 times, failed, I moved on.
    I did exactly like you : 5 chests, nothing more, then I promised I would never buy one of them again.
    Oh guys.. when will you learn it..

Psyonix knows how to make a community happy...
    You just dont have to give up, you have to continue buying the chests until you get the item you want.
    The more chests you need to buy for receiving your item the more happy you will be after..
    Thats the psychological trick to make the community as happy as possible

If you dont agree with this, then you just dont understand that Nosgoth is a f2p game, and they have to make money somehow, you can't get everything for free
    Last edited by MuShYRoOM; 28th Oct 2015 at 19:54.

I think that's the whole problem. Some of us spent more than 120$ for ONE skin, so imagine the quantity of people who will never talk publicly about it. Let's say 2100RS (around 7,50euros depending on the amount purchased) VS 120euros... yes, the sales manager is all
    Yup, see, that's exactly why I spend all of my runestones on banners and skins but not on chest keys. I used a runestones to open one or two chests and then said "Bleep this" after getting one good weapon and then uncannies for everything else. I don't want to pay real money for things that drop at the end of every match that I just turn around and salvage in the forge immediately afterward, for materials that I DON'T EVEN USE.

Seriously. I haven't really had a need to use the Forge since it was out. I played with it a bit, but didn't bother with it afterward. Not that it's not a cool system, it's just not something I use myself.

Maybe when they make it so you can make Mysterious items in the Forge, I'll try it. Can you do that yet? I can't remember when they said that was going to be implemented.

I used to love coming home from work after secretly reading patch notes and being all hyped to be able to go buy an awesome new skin or banner or anything
    I find it frustrating that the only good or interesting content being added to Nosgoth these days is skins that are only available via gambling. Even the suggestion that there be chests that contain only skins or only weapons doesn't really fix anything since not everyone plays every class or likes every skin. People are still going to be wasting their money.

I don't see how earning some cash but at the cost of disappointing & annoying your fanbase is considered a good business move.
    Don't Psyonix or SquEnix understand supply & demand?
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

Damn, now I must HOPE to find the skin in the chest -.-

Originally Posted by Captain3009
    Phoe, had a little panic attack here. I'm better now.
    Don’t worry, I love you guys so I wont go anywhere, I just won’t spend my money on their gamble-house and won’t buy any Runestones until there is something decent to buy, which sucks as I want to support the game but oh well, their loss is my bank accounts gain!

Eh, I've still got some banners left to buy (Melchahim, basically) and some skins that I've been eyeballing, but yeah, pretty much the same. I would LOVE to buy more stuff, but they're locking it behind keys. HAH. nope. Not happening.

If you dont agree with this, then you just dont understand that Nosgoth is a f2p game, and they have to make money somehow, you can't get everything for free
    ^^ Is this a joke post??

What are you talking about, alot of us have said we wouldn't care if the skins were as much as 10 euro (im sure more would even say between 10-20), at least then we'd get some customer satisfaction in spending our money, instead of getting nothing and never again purchasing the chests.

They are more than capable of earning money the decent way, and it would more than likely equal out to the same amount of profits seen as there would be alot more people spending since they would know there actually purchasing something and not just having there money stolen. Instead the system they have gone with is nothing better a scumy con, the game store is a disgrace compared to what it was a year ago. Hell even if the ratio of the chests was drastically improved that might be something, but no, 90% of the time its some uncanny weapon drop that nobody wants.

...and to add insult to injury the free key drops there doing is hilarious

They might not be able to see it for what it is because there's probably some cash flow coming in but its like 2 people going to the gym to workout and 1 of them decides to us steroids everyday....steroid guy is keeping up with the regular guy and maybe even passing him out in terms of workout and muscle growth, but constant use of this cheap method is poisoning his system and degrading his health. This is what is happening to this game.

Hell payday 2 had a giant playerbase, they recently announced chests and the fans were in uproar over it, Nosgoth does this in its beta stages? what were you thinking, talk about flushing respect down the toilet.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 30th Oct 2015 at 12:05. Reason: inappropriate

Originally Posted by ApollosBow
    ^^ Is this a joke post??
    Ye it was sarcasm ^^
    Thought it's clear when you read my previous posts.

Its just, everytime when we try to explain how much we hate the chest-system and we want to buy the things directly in store, then someone from the nosgoth-team replies with their standard precasted answers like "nosgoth is f2p...blabla..we have to make money somehow...blabla...only cosmetics...blabla" instead of simply answer a simply question like "Why not directly for purchase in the store instead of chests"
    or my question about the Bloody Survivor skin, why they pronounced that it will be available in store after leagues, then they removed it and promote it now as a Devil-event-item, which it isn't. I could bet a ton of cash that I won't get any answer to this.

I feel like in politics here, where a politican can talk and talk and talk for 30min and later you got the same knowledge as before and no question was really answered.
    Last edited by MuShYRoOM; 29th Oct 2015 at 17:49.

Ahh, Devil's Night event 2014. That was fun. Devils drops could be found at the end of the game, purchased for quite a bit of gold each, or just quickly accessed with some runestones. Good times. I think mysterious items that dropped that week were all supposed to be spectral too, not just an exotic item.

What was wrong with that? I know plenty of people who were using runestones to get their favorite weapons and abilities before the week ended. They just didn't have the play time to accumulate the massive amount of gold it took to get them. A couple of people on vacation asked me to log in to their accounts and spend their gold on them too. That was a more tangible sense of rarity than the word I'm going to mention, which raises blood pressure at the mere sight of for some... chests.

Why? Because they were going away and the resources to get them were limited; time, gold, or money. However, I don't gamble and I don't think much of the loyal playerbase does. I can assure you that the number of people who were spending money on the game and will in the future has drastically decreased with the level of implementation that is going on with... chests.

Chests. Scarier than Devil's Night.

Ye it was sarcasm ^^
    Thought it's clear when you read my previous posts.
    Lol I must be blue in the face from talking about this with friends that my brain lacked oxygen when reading your post, sorry <thats a blue face with a twitchy eye

Guys if u dont have money play without skins. Gamble not gamble no money = no skins. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by ColdBloodedFake
    Guys if u dont have money play without skins. Gamble not gamble no money = no skins. Simple as that.
    The problem (at least for me) is not the money, but the lucky, I'm collecting all the skins, but this Bloody Survivor is not only a question of lucky because the Devil's Chest will be not avaible from 9th of november, so I'm playing like a mad to win Chests and hope one of them have the skin (until now I only found Devil's abilities/weapons -.-)

Page 2 of 2 First First 12