Thread: Can someone please explain to me how leagues work?

Can someone please explain to me how leagues work?

Question Can someone please explain to me how leagues work?

Hi, I just recently returned to Nosgoth (been away for quite some time) and saw that there is now a league system. I started from silver 5 and tried to work my way up. Every second or third match I am placed against ridiculously stronger enemies. I checked their names and many of the players on my enemy teams are eternal league or high blood. Shouldn't silver players be placed against other silver players? Or is there some kind of big idea behind creating such uneven matches (my team told me that they are silver/gold)? Another question that came up while playing was why I sometimes seem to get points although I lost (4 or something like that). I hope someone can help me out

-Moltenmarble
    "There's some grim satisfaction in infuriating you." -Raziel

Leagues doesn't care about which Tier or Rank you are. You'll still be matched by the normal way matchmaking in regular TDM works as well. So technically, even Bronze V players could go up against top Eternal players. And that's only one of the points why this League system is broken.
    The points are another mystery we will never fully understand. Something to do with the never-properly-explained Bonus Pool and whatnot. Don't even try to understand the logic behind it.

Thank you for your answer. I already figured out that climbing up in rank is more luck than skill (being matched against weaker opponents seems to be a bigger factor for climbing than player skill). I only made it to Gold II so far, but in my experience even matches were an exception. It's more about farming others and being farmed depending on your random team composition. The good thing is that I will hopefully make it to blood league to get the alchemist skin although I did not play for a few months XD
    "There's some grim satisfaction in infuriating you." -Raziel

Matchmaking is meh and Nosgoth isn't the most popular game, so it's hard to find balanced matches (i either rek or get rekt from bronze to gold, only after gold II i started getting close matches), for the points if you lose there is a bonus pool which gives you points every game and i think it increases the more you play (but i think the penalty for losing also increases with higher leagues, so you won't get 50 points from losing in blood)