Thread: POLL: Life is Strange season 2/DLC

Question POLL: Life is Strange season 2/DLC

For those of you with thoughts about any continuation about Life is Strange, participate in the poll and voice your opinion.

There are various options about what you think LiS season 2/dlc should be based on. So vote in the poll and maybe dontnod will take it all into consideration.

These are the choices:

-The story of Rachel Amber; where she is the main character and you playthrough her story before the main events of Life is Strange, like a prequel basically

- A new story with new characters; which is what dontnod are apparently considering at the moment if they were to make a season 2. What do you think of this idea?

- A new story featuring Max and Chloe; if you believe that Max and Chloe should stay as the main characters and any further additional content should be based on/around them. Although Dotnod have said their story is concluded.

- The whole story of Mr. Jefferson, the Prescotts and the dark room; a lot behind the Prescotts, the dark room and Mr. Jefferson's past was left unexplained. Like how it all started, how they supposedly knew about the storm, how Jefferson developed his obsession etc.

- Short stories of characters from season 1; focusing on other characters from season 1 where we get an insight into their lives throughout the events or new stories with those characters.

- No more content; if you believe that Life is Strange should now just remain as it is with no continuation or DLC.

Click here for the poll

Personally, I'm a bit suprised so many people voted for "New Story with new characters". One thing I liked so much about LiS is the characters. So I would prefer to see some more content focusing on known & beloved characters (at least in a DLC).

If I had to rank the choices you posted above (from 1) "what I would like to see the most" to 6) "what I don't want to see") I would rank them as follows:

1) New story focusing on Max and Chloe
    2) Short stories of side characters
    3) Story of Rachel Amber
    4) Story of Mr. Jefferson and the Prescotts
    5) New story with new characters
    6) No more content [I really hope we will see something more. Extended Ending, DLC, Season 2, whatever. Just a little bit more content]

Story of Rachel and i still think that she is Max.

I would be grateful if Dontnod will add short stories of other characters (I would be more happy if it was after the events of LiS) and then Season 2 with new characters. I like characters of LiS really much, but Dontnod said their story is over and I trust them.

As much as I love Life is Strange, I don't know how I would react to a "Second Season" or DLC of some sort. It is honestly the best game I've ever played and I kinda want to leave it as it is. Some things are best left untouched.

If they ever did announce DLC or a Season Two, I would definitely give it a bash though.

I would love to see more of Max and Chloe but it would be very difficult for Dontnod to do that. They would need to establish a variety of choices as canon or find ways to work around them. The most obvious issue being Max's final decision and their relationship status.

I'm torn between new characters and Rachel. I feel like Max's and Chloe's story has ended for the most part and I have enough head-canons as it is.

I would really like to know more about Rachel Amber if they stick with this universe. If not, new characters and stories that are set with the same idea of time manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    I'm torn between new characters and Rachel. I feel like Max's and Chloe's story has ended for the most part and I have enough head-canons as it is.

I would really like to know more about Rachel Amber if they stick with this universe. If not, new characters and stories that are set with the same idea of time manipulation.
    Umm... When I was thinking about this, I said to myself: What is the main factor that determines Life is Strange? Was it the story? The rewind power? No. It is the atmosphere. So I would be fine if they would make Season 2 without the time manipulation mechanics. It would be great if they'd make a new story in Arcadia Bay (assuming Max didn't blow up the entire town ^ ^), even without rewind.

I think that was the characters. One empathize with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadiagamer View Post
    I think that was the characters. One empathize with them.
    Oh, of course. Max was the biggest reason why I fell in love in this game (I'm not being sarcastic, just for clarification).

You literally can't have a new story with Max and Chloe. Chloe could be dead in your ending...then what? Just make the other ending canon? Then what? Go with the time travel stuff again? Although they and we know it's only ever going to end bad? No. I say IF you ever make another game in the series, it needs to focus on something entirely different. I'm open to the idea about the other characters, even a bit of Rachel's story, but my idea would just be an extended version of what we already have with better endings perhaps. Then let it rest and forever be remembered as what it was.

I like Max very much too and the rest of characters.

I think they can do a sequel with same characters without problems, the butterfly in sacrifice Chloe end in episode 5 it's a free opinion cliffhanger after all, or at least that it's the way i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadiagamer View Post
    I like Max very much too and the rest of characters.

I think they can do a sequel with same characters without problems, the butterfly in sacrifice Chloe end in episode 5 it's a free opinion cliffhanger after all, or at least that it's the way i see it.
    I don't think it's a cliffhanger. It is the end, it just leaves room for our own interpretation.

You can't have a Max & Chloe story as a full season 2 (unless you make the save Chloe ending canon), but I think it might work as a standalone DLC episode.

For example: The whole DLC episode could take place in yet another reality (but still with the "main" Max as the playable character). She somehow wakes up in a new reality with partial amnesia and has no clue how she got there and what's going on. Chloe and most other characters are still alive. The main task could be to figure out, how she got there in the first place (and what she messed up in the past so everything changed yet again). Once she figured out what she did and how she might fix it, she returns to the main time line.

Such a scenario might be possible, if she used her power after the events of Episode 5 (well, if she's still able to use them. I'm not quite sure if she still can or cannot use them after watching the ending) and traveled to a point in time before the events of Episode 1. Why she used her powers again, would be one of the riddles of this episode.

See what i write in episode 5 forum . If you could understand that, my english it's really bad xD.

I am afraid of a sequel (or short stories or whatever) with the events after Polarized, because I am afraid there won't be any differences depending on my story I have made and I want Max to make out with Warren.

If Ep 5 is truly the end, then I would like to see something from them that ties up the stories for the other characters. I hated the way the game ended with so many unanswered questions about everyone and I hated how I had to make that choice. At least give closure to all the characters.

i would like a short stories of

- Short stories of characters from season 1; focusing on other characters from season 1 where we get an insight into their lives throughout the events or new stories with those characters.

but based on our choices (e.g. Kate, Warren, Victoria) regardless of the endings. Meaning Chloe and Max would not appear but the aftermarch of the final choice.

Feel free to share the link/embedded on social media guys so as many people as possible can have a say.

I think a sequel about Chloe and Max in a new setting/place would be very nice, even if you sacrificed Chloe there's a very easy way to bring her back into the story, If you were to save her the first time in the bathroom without using the rewind it would technically not screw over Arcadia Bay in the end and Chloe would live right? This is why I think it would be possible to create a sequel with Max and Chloe just out in California or something. Tell me your thoughts

I simply can't imagine a season 2 without our beloved characters. Continuing the storyline is impossible without Chloe - she'd have to die (even if we saved her) in order to merge the storylines (i could also imagine a complete insane split-twist-6th-sense-parallel storyline - now after LiS i'm prepared, Dontnod! Or not...). A whole new story with different characters and the same mechanics would just feel like beating the horse to death. I could however live with that if we're still in the same microcosmos, exploring the side storys of LiS.

Things i'd like to see:

- Chloe and Rachel
    - Kate and family
    - the infamous Vortex Club party and what happened to Kate there
    - the Prescott/Jefferson connection (i still imagine the Vanger clan here...)
    - going APE with Warren (well, for #TeamWarren, #TeamPricefield doesn't need it that much )
    - a lot of things i just forgot about...