Thread: Narrative though environment.

Narrative though environment.

Hey all.

I am a huge fan of telling a part of stories through the environment (like in Metro 2033/Last Light) and I was wondering what you people think of this aspect of the game ?

I spend a lot of my time with this game just exploring the area's in was in and there was plenty of interesting things to see, things that underlined the characters that lived in the space. "It's better to live a life of oh wells than a life of what ifs" on the diagonal wall above Chloe's bed was something I took special note of as I think it tells plenty about her character.

Anyone see something noteworthy during your travels in Arcadia Bay ?
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

There was so much. All the random scribblings, simply the whole stuff you could look at. Sure you could breeze through that game in 4 or 5 hours, but taking the time it took me 15 or 16 hours in total. And I didn't even get all the hidden pictures and stuff.

I'm considering going through it again with pen and paper to write some of those words down, I spend like 20 hours going through episode 1 through 5 in my first and only complete playthrough already.

If you just rush from cutscene to cutscene, each episode takes about 1h 30m. I finished the game in about 18 hours. Life is Strange is great in that, it gives you option to go through it as fast as you want, and if you go wondering, you will learn more about characters and get a new point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    If you just rush from cutscene to cutscene, each episode takes about 1h 30m. I finished the game in about 18 hours. Life is Strange is great in that, it gives you option to go through it as fast as you want, and if you go wondering, you will learn more about characters and get a new point of view.
    I think the last sentence is the reason I played this game in the first place, in some odd way it gives me a chance to reflect on me own actions in life, where I have done the right thing and where I have been at fault, etc. I think this game did me some good.