Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53

Thread: The devs are quiet?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    mhhh...dont compare the one with the other...

    Well we know and the game told us it can go all wrong but to rush-end a game has nothing to do with the story. And if you compare the first 4 episodes with the last, special the two endings you see there is something wrong totaly indipendendly from the question are that good, bad, horrible, sad or anything else choices you are forced to make at the end.
    Well, he was talking about trauma, not rushed end.

  2. #27
    Oh I thought the trauma comes from the rushed and unfinished end...not from the bad end at all...sorry If I missed it...

  3. #28
    I see, thanks for the aclarations.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    Oh I thought the trauma comes from the rushed and unfinished end...not from the bad end at all...sorry If I missed it...
    For a lot of people it might. For me, it's the cheap shot at our feeling with that absurd decision in the end.
    Btw. did anyone here play fable 2? They are doing the same there. Exactly the same, just a different narrative build-up. It sucked there, in a bad way, just as much as it sucks here. It's not bittersweet, or grey... it just sucks.

    EDIT: I'm in the anger phase. It's part of the steps for recovering from psychological trauma

  5. #30
    I understand. Its hard in two way´s. The decisions you had to made are fubar and even if you prepare that chloe may die in the very end after all this episodes you are badly suprised with that binary choice. Thats part one. Than even you dont care about Arcadia and choose to save Chloe, you only got a epilog who is made without heart and soul so all things you made before that seems to crumble to dust with this short drive through a lifeless town.

    Maybe even it´s a bad or harmfull decision between this two, if the sacrifice arcadia epilog was made with more time, more touch for the story and how you played it you can make your peace with it!?
    Last edited by --TIE--; 25th Oct 2015 at 22:25.

  6. #31
    This whole enterprise, telling us a story about saving your best friend with a magical gift only to kill her off in the end by specifically not using that gift because it actually kills everybody else (plus some major flaws in simple logic)... it's just... incredibly pointless. It's not even.. i dunno... deep, or meaningful. It's just a setup for a kick in the groin for everybody that actually cared for the characters. Sorry to say.
    No way to make that look pretty.
    And what a waste. This could have been the sweetest thing ever.

    I hope some people get something out of it with a lot of rationalization and whatever gets them through the day.

  7. #32
    Sorry to say.
    No its right, dont blame you to say it. I see it the same way. At last they lost the touch to the game, maybe bcs. they went out of money or bcs. they are realy convinced it was a good ending. In either way they are made a 180° turn if you compare the first 4 episodes with the 5th. Maybe they want made a story about the danger of timealtering but it focused more on the realtionship and in the end they come back to their initial Idear...time travling is evil...

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by --TIE-- View Post
    No its right, dont blame you to say it. I see it the same way. At last they lost the touch to the game, maybe bcs. they went out of money or bcs. they are realy convinced it was a good ending. In either way they are made a 180° turn if you compare the first 4 episodes with the 5th. Maybe they want made a story about the danger of timealtering but it focused more on the realtionship and in the end they come back to their initial Idear...time travling is evil...
    The thing is, it's really hard for me cope, currently . Being dismissive helps me but I don't want to be like that. I loved the game until ep 5 and i still want to love it...

    Its all screwed up...

  9. #34
    Its all screwed up...
    Yeha thats the same what I think in the first moment...and the fist feeling often is right...now with a little bit time I still think the same but from a more rational point of view. But how I try to see it or with wich reason its still screwed up. I wish I had stoped to play this game after episode 4

  10. #35
    And I can see why they're being quiet. Steam forums are turning vile again.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    And I can see why they're being quiet. Steam forums are turning vile again.
    Oh realy...must see...

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post
    And I can see why they're being quiet. Steam forums are turning vile again.
    I'm not surprised, some people are just like spoiled brats over not getting what they want.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    138
    I simply can't understand why people can't discuss in a civilized way. Why do so many people have to rant and offend other people?

  14. #39
    yo I read and notice it allready. some ppl are basicly against all. I think that should not be a problem. But I see a problem with too many petition´s...and thats a way how this haters can realy score an hit against us. bcs. that I dont talk a lot about it...let them do and watch as long we stay freindly and constructive we are right.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post
    I simply can't understand why people can't discuss in a civilized way. Why do so many people have to rant and offend other people?
    Its the anonymity of the www. I think less than 1% from this ppl who basickly rage or are against all can do this in real life so they seek confirmation in the www. And if we response they think they are right. Simply ignore, even it´s hard sometimes.

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross42899 View Post
    I simply can't understand why people can't discuss in a civilized way. Why do so many people have to rant and offend other people?
    I did some looking into this a while back. It is as Tie said, the anonymity of being behind a keyboard turns some people into total ***, and then there is confirmation bias as well. I think some people actually lack the knowledge to offer a constructive critique instead of random tolling...
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by KristaD View Post
    I did some looking into this a while back. It is as Tie said, the anonymity of being behind a keyboard turns some people into total ***, and then there is confirmation bias as well. I think some people actually lack the knowledge to offer a constructive critique instead of random tolling...
    qft 100% <- or more if possible

  18. #43
    Yep. Steam is more active than here but wow... it's a rough place. On both side actually, haters and lovers.

    That being said, I do appreciate a sharp criticism where it's due. Developers often respond to praise only and they shouldn't. If you goofed, you have to man up and accept the criticism. Otherwise you loose too much credibility.

    For me, the ME3 debacle was actually more about the devs pretending it was all the audience' fault (even years later). That is bad behaviour and nullifies any kind of trust that was there before.

    I hope this will not re-occur here.

    P.S. not all criticism is valid, of course. Some may be due to misunderstanding or oversights from the audience. But this also can be clearified. Devs should stop see themselves as some kind of demi-good that bestows upon their sheep finely crafted pieces of art, only to be praised and not to be questioned. But more of a collaborator. The experience and feedback is as much part of the art as is it's creation. Games are a social medium by nature, after all. Well... at least in some way I suppose.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFrog View Post
    Yep. Steam is more active than here but wow... it's a rough place. On both side actually, haters and lovers.

    That being said, I do appreciate a sharp criticism where it's due. Developers often respond to praise only and they shouldn't. If you goofed, you have to man up and accept the criticism. Otherwise you loose too much credibility.

    For me, the ME3 debacle was actually more about the devs pretending it was all the audience' fault (even years later). That is bad behaviour and nullifies any kind of trust that was there before.

    I hope this will not re-occur here.

    P.S. not all criticism is valid, of course. Some may be due to misunderstanding or oversights from the audience. But this also can be clearified. Devs should stop see themselves as some kind of demi-good that bestows upon their sheep finely crafted pieces of art, only to be praised and not to be questioned. But more of a collaborator. The experience and feedback is as much part of the art as is it's creation. Games are a social medium by nature, after all. Well... at least in some way I suppose.
    I've seen a similar failure of both parties to come on an understanding. It was in the War Thunder forums a while back, people calling the devs. and forum/community managers "untermenschen" and similar things, the other side just fired at will with the ban hammer... it was a complete mess until some one posted the Extra Credits vid. about community management, I think that had some positive effects on the forum mods. since they starting behaving more humanly.
    Last edited by KristaD; 26th Oct 2015 at 15:10. Reason: EC = Extra Credits
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

  20. #45
    Perhaps they'll comment on the endings some day. Michel Koch apparently still on holiday, according to twitter.

    This tweet
    https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel/s...86830397001729

    is most likely a response towards the whole game. He may not be aware of the debate going on. Or he is and this is their official stance, which I then accept.

  21. #46
    Also, keep in mind that he's the art guy. The art is brilliant up to the very end.

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFrog View Post
    Also, keep in mind that he's the art guy. The art is brilliant up to the very end.
    And he's also listed as "Co-game creator".

    But yeah, I'd wish they said something specific. You know, comment about the whole murmur, if you will. They probably won't, but it'd be nice.

    A simple "The endings are the way we wanted and will not be touching them" would be enough for me. It would give me a chance to re-evaluate this game and my feelings about it as a whole. And my willingness to stay as their customer.

  23. #48
    What do you expect? The endings didn't happen accidentally. Months of work went into them.
    They are not everything they wanted to do (as per reddit post) but what is there is fully intentionally.

    And what can they say? "oopsy, sorry 'bout that?"

    But it always feels nice to feel understood, I suppose.

  24. #49
    Well, they can say that they are happy with their choices or they could say that given the time and resources they would like to reevaluate episode 5 and the end. That's really just it.

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire87 View Post
    Well, they can say that they are happy with their choices or they could say that given the time and resources they would like to reevaluate episode 5 and the end. That's really just it.
    k, fair enough I suppose

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •