Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 175

Thread: Which ending did you pick and why?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteoricDragon View Post
    Part of my willingness to sacrifice Arcadia Bay is that I think that you couldn't get rid of a tornado by rewinding time again anyway. Rewinding time caused the tornado so something else would have to fix it. Also, Max had the tornado premonition before she even saw Chloe for the first time in 5 years in the bathroom.
    It isn't said that rewind powers cause the tornado and since we can see Max on Friday and tornado didn't come, I think we can assume it is fixed.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by S7ewie View Post
    You've learnt the lesson that time has been trying to teach you, and you've accepted it.. Chloe IS supposed to die, and time should NOT be messed with.
    I don't believe that to be the message. The message is that you need to have confidence in your choices and accept that something bad will happen but you just have to take that on and move on with out beating yourself up over it. This is reflected by Chloe constantly telling Max to try new things and take chances and also by the fact that both of them are letting events of the last 5 years to still affect them instead of moving on.

    Quote Originally Posted by S7ewie View Post
    If you sacrifice Arcadia Bay like I did then not only are you letting everyone else die .. you're basically saying that you haven't learnt the lesson that the game's been trying to teach you since the very beginning.
    It doesn't matter what you sacrifice. All that matters is that you accept a sacrifice needs to be made as no choice is perfect. Max either goes back and refuses to use her powers, accepting the consequences of Chloe being shot or Max refuses to use her powers and accepts the consequences of the tornado hitting town. The common factor is Max denounces the use of her powers and stops trying to find the perfect result, accepting that something bad will happen. There-in lies the message.

    Quote Originally Posted by S7ewie View Post
    So to conclude .. I think the "Right" choice is "Sacrifice Chloe" .. But I sacrificed Arcadia bay because I just couldn't do it.
    There is no 'right' choice, only the choice you make. They even had both Chloe and Warren tell Max that they trust she'll make the right choice, whatever she chooses. Whatever you choose, that is the right choice.

  3. #103
    I sacrificed Arcadia. Maybe sacrificing Chloe was the most "correct" one, is one life vs thousands, but in life we take selfishly decisions too not? (not so extreme though lol). Max biggest link with Arcadia was Chloe herself, there's no meaning of Arcadia to Max without Chloe being there, I think. Felt sad about Warren and Joyce, though. Also, I couldn't be sure if getting Chloe killed was the solution for not getting the tornado, that was a theory that Warren made and that is all, there's never an actual evidence that the tornado is consequence of Max twisting with time. Actually, we're only sure of that because of knowing how the other decision ended

    BTW, also I replayed that final part of the chapter sacrifing Chloe and.. it was heartbreaking seeing Max crying while her best friend was getting killed, knowing that in that timeline she never meet with you and never get to know the true of Rachel and all that. Is Friday and there's no tornado, cool, but depressing anyway.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Andres57 View Post
    Max biggest link with Arcadia was Chloe herself, there's no meaning of Arcadia to Max without Chloe being there, I think.
    I think Max would agree with you.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by PalatineKatinka View Post
    Beautiful!

    After all you can say Max is pretty much obsessed with Chloe... #Pricefield

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    It isn't said that rewind powers cause the tornado and since we can see Max on Friday and tornado didn't come, I think we can assume it is fixed.
    When you talk with Warren in ep5 and pick "He killed Chloe" Warren says, "Max, going back in time is what caused the storm!" Also, in that same conversation Max says "Dead. History, Which I need to change fast to make it right again. Is that bad?" To which Warren replies "For every action, there is a reaction. Whenever you reversed or altered time, maybe you caused a chain reaction, even in the environment." It's hinted and implied in the story that Max caused the tornado by going back in time.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteoricDragon View Post
    When you talk with Warren in ep5 and pick "He killed Chloe" Warren says, "Max, going back in time is what caused the storm!" Also, in that same conversation Max says "Dead. History, Which I need to change fast to make it right again. Is that bad?" To which Warren replies "For every action, there is a reaction. Whenever you reversed or altered time, maybe you caused a chain reaction, even in the environment." It's hinted and implied in the story that Max caused the tornado by going back in time.
    1. That's nice and all, but the tornado didn't come.
    2. When Max traveled through the photo of the butterfly, she didn't use her rewind powers and Max never found out about the powers (until Friday when the real Max took the place).

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteoricDragon View Post
    When you talk with Warren in ep5 and pick "He killed Chloe" Warren says, "Max, going back in time is what caused the storm!" Also, in that same conversation Max says "Dead. History, Which I need to change fast to make it right again. Is that bad?" To which Warren replies "For every action, there is a reaction. Whenever you reversed or altered time, maybe you caused a chain reaction, even in the environment." It's hinted and implied in the story that Max caused the tornado by going back in time.
    While I know Warren's dialogue is the writer's way to give exposition, I love how few sentences later he just says "After this week, I realized I don't know *"

    Edit. It seems "poop" is a bad word.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for pointing that stuff out PalatineKatinka.. I feel a bit better and a little less guilty about my decision now haha

    You've helped me look at it a different way actually, I think you're right .. I had the lesson wrong. It's not that u shouldn't mess with time and Chloe is supposed to die .. It's that whatever you do, at some point you have to take responsibility for your actions .. and you can't fix everything .. I think that's a lesson I need to learn myself

    Thanks

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by S7ewie View Post
    Thanks for pointing that stuff out PalatineKatinka.. I feel a bit better and a little less guilty about my decision now haha
    Glad to have been of help. I came to that conclusion after many sleepless nights since episode 5 came out but I was helped by on the path by reading Tweets and Reddit posts from Michel Koch. If you want to check them out yourself here's the links:
    https://www.reddit.com/user/Dontnod_Michel
    https://twitter.com/DONTNOD_Michel

    The more I read of his replies to people the happier I get as I realise a) I did get it and b) it's okay to save Chloe!

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    1. That's nice and all, but the tornado didn't come.
    2. When Max traveled through the photo of the butterfly, she didn't use her rewind powers and Max never found out about the powers (until Friday when the real Max took the place).
    She used her powers to going back through the photograph to the bathroom scene. She may have not used her power within the scene of the photograph, but she used her power to get back there. Time is like a thread. If it gets pulled on Friday, it gets dragged across Monday.

    The story writers' logic is faulty, that is why the tornado doesn't appear on Friday.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteoricDragon View Post
    The story writers' logic is faulty, that is why the tornado doesn't appear on Friday.
    How can you say their logic is faulty when they make a point of not telling us their logic? They intentionally don't go into the details of Max's powers or how they led to the tornado, simply that they did. Maybe using photographs is safe and only her rewind is the issue. Maybe it's safe to use sporadically but if she goes crazy with it it'll cause bad things. We may never know the specifics.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteoricDragon View Post
    She used her powers to going back through the photograph to the bathroom scene. She may have not used her power within the scene of the photograph, but she used her power to get back there. Time is like a thread. If it gets pulled on Friday, it gets dragged across Monday.

    The story writers' logic is faulty, that is why the tornado doesn't appear on Friday.
    And how do you know it is use of her powers? That's right. You don't. Perhaps nobody can be affected by anybody using them. And Max getting out of the cover triggered the powers, because she shouldn't have done this (maybe she would have died). So she had to let Nathan do his work. That's just a theory, alternative of course.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by PalatineKatinka View Post
    How can you say their logic is faulty when they make a point of not telling us their logic? They intentionally don't go into the details of Max's powers or how they led to the tornado, simply that they did. Maybe using photographs is safe and only her rewind is the issue. Maybe it's safe to use sporadically but if she goes crazy with it it'll cause bad things. We may never know the specifics.
    In episode 4, when you talk to Miss Grant on the bench next to Samuel, one of the things that you can get her to say is "time is like a thread, one tug and it can all unravel."
    Statements like these are at least how I am finding out their logic.

  15. #115
    I feel kinda lost about seing Chloé diyng, and I don't really appreciate this choice but anyway, both ends hurted me. However, i'm a little bit disappointed about the realisation of SAcrificing Arcadia Bay : the final scene is shorter, the music has been already used before in the games, it seems less..."credible" ? Like if DontNod was leading us to sacrifice Chloé "Ok guys here is what you wanted if you're in love with Chloé but we did an AWESOME final scene on a graveyard so you'de better kill her" I don't know if you understand what i mean, but it makes me doubt.

    I don't think it's a question of mathematics ( Chloé = 1 ; Arcadia = 4000 ppl to save), Max is still young, so do I, and I personnaly already lost my best friend 10 years ago, I just couldn't let it happen once again. However it means to Chloé to lost her whole family and Max, all her friends (whenever, if you sacrifice Chloé, all their memory will disappear and you'll have to do everything again, but without your best friend (and GF?)), so I'm just gonna cry until time make me forget about the sensation of seeing people die.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer7777 View Post
    I feel kinda lost about seing Chloé diyng, and I don't really appreciate this choice but anyway, both ends hurted me. However, i'm a little bit disappointed about the realisation of SAcrificing Arcadia Bay : the final scene is shorter, the music has been already used before in the games, it seems less..."credible" ? Like if DontNod was leading us to sacrifice Chloé "Ok guys here is what you wanted if you're in love with Chloé but we did an AWESOME final scene on a graveyard so you'de better kill her" I don't know if you understand what i mean, but it makes me doubt.

    I don't think it's a question of mathematics ( Chloé = 1 ; Arcadia = 4000 ppl to save), Max is still young, so do I, and I personnaly already lost my best friend 10 years ago, I just couldn't let it happen once again. However it means to Chloé to lost her whole family and Max, all her friends (whenever, if you sacrifice Chloé, all their memory will disappear and you'll have to do everything again, but without your best friend (and GF?)), so I'm just gonna cry until time make me forget about the sensation of seeing people die.
    See Michel Koch's (writer of LiS) Twitter. He answers these questions about endings.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    See Michel Koch's (writer of LiS) Twitter. He answers these questions about endings.
    If you check Michel Koch's profile he seems to be more on the art-side (concepting, art direction etc.) than on the writing side. Just saying.

    Also, Wanderer7777, welcome to the forums.
    I agree with what you say. And I'm confused why dontnod decided to end the game in the way they did. It seems far too painful.

    PS. you can check the forums here, steam and reddit and you will see a lot of people feel that way. There is also a couple of ways to look at the ending that make dealing with it more uplifting and generally enjoyable.

  18. #118
    Thank you guys from both of your answer I'm really happy that Dontnod made a game that touched so many people in so many ways.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFrog View Post
    If you check Michel Koch's profile he seems to be more on the art-side (concepting, art direction etc.) than on the writing side. Just saying.

    Also, Wanderer7777, welcome to the forums.
    I agree with what you say. And I'm confused why dontnod decided to end the game in the way they did. It seems far too painful.

    PS. you can check the forums here, steam and reddit and you will see a lot of people feel that way. There is also a couple of ways to look at the ending that make dealing with it more uplifting and generally enjoyable.
    Yeah, but he still has some interesting views and how they wanted the endings to feel, also why he is okay with the fact one ending is shorter...

  20. #120
    Really interesting view indeed ! Well, i'm gonna ask him what did he think about Saving Chloe scene (First shot on her skull shirt, bullet necklace and wheel which remind us all her different death) because to my mind the game lead us to save Arcadia, as I said, whenever I chose to save Chloe.

    I think that whatever the chose you make, Max is gonna be traumatized (when the truck stops near Warren's car, we can guess that the corpse covered by blancked is his, and it ed up my mind, I appreciated this buddy a lot), so the question I answered to myself was "What can you most easily leave with ?"

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer7777 View Post
    Really interesting view indeed ! Well, i'm gonna ask him what did he think about Saving Chloe scene (First shot on her skull shirt, bullet necklace and wheel which remind us all her different death) because to my mind the game lead us to save Arcadia, as I said, whenever I chose to save Chloe.

    I think that whatever the chose you make, Max is gonna be traumatized (when the truck stops near Warren's car, we can guess that the corpse covered by blancked is his, and it ed up my mind, I appreciated this buddy a lot), so the question I answered to myself was "What can you most easily leave with ?"
    I always pick Chloe because that was Max' top priority. And then I try not to think too much about it. It's really weird.
    Also, the point that they are making... like showing the transition between being young and growing up, being innocent and then take responsibility for your actions, even the bad ones... all this... could have been shown just as well but less traumatizing.

    It's like they watched Games of Thrones and said: ah well, the youth of nowadays... how can we still shock these people?!?! I know I know!!!! Lets make them really like our characters and then, when they die (because of course they will), it's by the hand of the player! That gotta hurt like hell.... yess awesome that'll teach 'em!

    I mean come on! We haven't forgotten how to feel. You don't need to steamroll us with depressing stuff to get some sort of reaction. Subtle does it!
    In this kind of genre.

    In Killing Floor 2, not so much... but i degress...

  22. #122
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer7777 View Post
    Really interesting view indeed ! Well, i'm gonna ask him what did he think about Saving Chloe scene (First shot on her skull shirt, bullet necklace and wheel which remind us all her different death) because to my mind the game lead us to save Arcadia, as I said, whenever I chose to save Chloe.

    I think that whatever the chose you make, Max is gonna be traumatized (when the truck stops near Warren's car, we can guess that the corpse covered by blancked is his, and it ed up my mind, I appreciated this buddy a lot), so the question I answered to myself was "What can you most easily leave with ?"
    I believe Max will live a great life with Warren, Kate might have got closer to Max when she (Kate) was comforting her... And don't you ever dare to disrupt these thoughts! ^ \/ ^

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    I believe Max will live a great life with Warren, Kate might have got closer to Max when she (Kate) was comforting her... And don't you ever dare to disrupt these thoughts! ^ \/ ^
    I hear you, but I think that Max would have lost more than her best friend. Seems like they are connected, and the whole town could be a memory of her, so I just couldn't stay on Arcadia Bay whenever everyone was here, I hate the past, it freaks me...I'm just triyng to imagine how would I act, but it's hard to think about it : i'm not currently surrounding by friends triyng to console me, I suppose that her smile when she sees the butterly on Chloe's Casket means a lot about her actual feelings.

    I pref think that Max and Chloe are getting into Max's parents home on Seattle to get some help before starting their new life together, like, I think, they were suppose to.

    EDIT : I no longer agree with what I said about leaving Acradia Bay, it's not what I meant, I just hate feeling nostalgic.
    Last edited by Wanderer7777; 4th Nov 2015 at 21:36.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer7777 View Post
    I hear you, but I think that Max would have lost more than her best friend. Seems like they are connected, and the whole town could be a memory of her, so I just couldn't stay on Arcadia Bay whenever everyone was here, I hate the past, it freaks me...I'm just triyng to imagine how would I act, but it's hard to think about it : i'm not currently surrounding by friends triyng to console me, I suppose that her smile when she sees the butterly on Chloe's Casket means a lot about her actual feelings.

    I pref think that Max and Chloe are getting into Max's parents home on Seattle to get some help before starting their new life together, like, I think, they were suppose to.
    I think she smiles because she remembered all the moments with Chloe. And that was actually the message in my opinion: sometimes you have to let go the past. And when you lose someone, you just have to live with it and accept it. Also, she did that to make all the people in Arcadia Bay live, leaving the place you just saved doesn't make sense to me.

  25. #125
    Yeah that's not what I meant, and I added it to my last post ^^

    I'm glad we shared our experiences about this moment. I wonder what would I've chose if I really was Max, in front of the storm and my BFF. Ha...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •