Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which ending did you pick and why?

I think a problem is that those choices are not even narcissistic. One can be selfish if they have a lack of self.

I chose to save chloe because to me i knew that shes all that matters and i did all that work for her but, the other ending was moer touching in my opinion i wish they would have showed more in saving chloe ending

Just look at my english. Its as sad as both endings in Life is Strange.
    This Game is a drama, tragedy. So the end of the game was created for the sole purpose. Lets do some mess with your feelings, it's gonna be fun. (I think that it works really well, its not easy decision)... The problem with this game is a combination of a tornado and a final decision. Prepare to weather the storm. Evacuate the dance floor, this will be a disaster. Even if everyone stayed in Arcadia it's still brainless to sacrifice Chloe.... Why? Why i should do that? I have a power to go back in time and stop it. I think that they could check the situation after the tornado. Look before you leap.

Perhaps this fits better here.

Many of my friends chose to save arcadia. It's okay, it's their choice and their reasoning. But it really, really hurts when they say I chose wrong because I didn't understand the game and that their ending is the right one because the devs put more effort in it.

I dunno why it hurts. It just does.

Thumbs Up

Maybe because you felt been legtured by others? True the ending with Chloe alive isn't that dressed up like the other ending, but that may is also for an reason (maybe because Maxine can't fight anymore even if she wanted to, Chloe is alive and with her, so she can have finaly a rest). It's nothing wrong with your choise. I guess more that some of your friends miss a lesson in "not hurting other peoples Feelings" or they don't get it whats "Life Is Strange" is really about. If you're in any doubt, hold to your wife, she is totaly right on that : It's a journey. Took even myself until your posting with her insights on what ending she had choosen to find out that this isn't a game with best-list, highscore, right end or wrong end. So i also had stated in my Steam review today (in german language - and thats evil about it, first Review after being 10 years on steam). Sometimes its the best not to choose. To fight. And sometimes its the worst you can do, to do nothing. To choose not to fight. Your wife choose other than me and i choose other than her. We both may share the same feelings in some situations, but for sure not the totaly same life experience. We shared our views on what each of us had choosen and i guess we both respect each other for that.

"Many roads lead to Rome", so you don't have to feel hurt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehkeri View Post

Many of my friends chose to save arcadia. It's okay, it's their choice and their reasoning. But it really, really hurts when they say I chose wrong because I didn't understand the game and that their ending is the right one because the devs put more effort in it.

I wouldn't worry about this, being hurts just means you have some feelings.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

But it really, really hurts when they say I chose wrong
    If they keep hurting you, tell them, they should feel like monsters for sacrificing Chloe. See my earlier post why

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...05#post2179905

Well, guess what, your friends are correct. After all, Maxine not just chose to not prevent the storm. She was the one who created it(somehow). So, you see, it was not just sacrifice. It was mass-murder.

If you watch some trash movie, where some guy going into killing spree to resurrect someone - would you have any doubts who is the bad guy here? And why is that any different? Because Chloe is pretty and it is okay to kill a lot of people for someone this pretty?

And remember, that in the ending where everyone is dead, two main characters are
    not trying to search for survivors;
    not trying to ask for help

they just... leaving.

If you never asked: "what is wrong with those people?!" there must be something very wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    And remember, that in the ending where everyone is dead, two main characters are
    not trying to search for survivors;
    not trying to ask for help

they just... leaving.

If you never asked: "what is wrong with those people?!" there must be something very wrong with you.
    I can't believe there being a single person who doesn't ask this.

Edit. Or ask why they didn't stop. Or similar. Hopefully you get the point.

I can't believe there being a single person who doesn't ask this.

Edit. Or ask why they didn't stop. Or similar. Hopefully you get the point.
    Even on this forum there are more than enough people who saying that that ending is actually decent and there are nothing wrong in it with main characters.

Anyone noticed that Alyssa quoted a poem from Robert Frost?

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

I wonder if that has any relevance with anything?

Anyone noticed that Alyssa quoted a poem from Robert Frost?

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

I wonder if that has any relevance with anything?
    It might very well be a reflection on some of choices the characters make in the game, I think so of those might be rare choices for people to make for whatever reason (the bystander effect comes to mind as one of them)

I chose sacrifice Arcadia bay, and didn't like the ending. But would pick it again and again.

If I choose to sacrifice Chloe, I am telling her that the lives of everyone else matter more to me than her life. I'd also be telling her that I'm ok with her dying a cold lonely death as she bleeds out.

Quote Originally Posted by MeteoricDragon View Post
    I chose sacrifice Arcadia bay, and didn't like the ending. But would pick it again and again.

If I choose to sacrifice Chloe, I am telling her that the lives of everyone else matter more to me than her life. I'd also be telling her that I'm ok with her dying a cold lonely death as she bleeds out.
    And when you sacrificed Arcadia Bay, you said that you are fine with everybody there dying slow death underneath the debris.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    And when you sacrificed Arcadia Bay, you said that you are fine with everybody there dying slow death underneath the debris.
    Guess, i'm blind, because while i choose to sacrifice Chloe (or days later as i replayed the last cliff Scene and choose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay) and no dialog or so popped up and said neither nor does the player do so. Sure, it is written easy down here and without saying so, nobody can know how and what we've felt at that choise we'd made at the end. For myself it wasn't that easy choise as it may sound while reading my non-sense english. I've cried alot at the end and still have to if my feelings taking over again. It felt like hours till i choose to save the town (even if and in Special the Prescotts not longer deserved it). Nearly the same as with Chloes request to end her life. It's been minutes under tears till i finaly granted her request.

For that Story it was an 50:50 call. So no college test sheet with 5 to 6 possible choises. Half of us sacrificed Arcadia Bay and the other half done so with Chloe. We all did what we did because of the life we've lifed so far. Some with more good and some with more bad experience made in not unlikly situations to Maxine and Chloe. I wasn't yet in a situation in which i had to choose between an town with some thousand people and a best friend. If there would be only me and my mom in my life (my dad died earlier this year) , i would sacrifice myself if that friend worth it. But i'm married and got an daughter. My husband and me, we both would sacrifice ourself for her without any doubt. But an town ?

Some of us have very good besties. Some are married. Some got children. Some questions, even in these modern times today can't be answered the easy way by "goggling" or so. They up to each of ourself, with no easy and no completly right or wrong morale.

I can only pray, that nobody of us have to face that kind choise in there lifes at any point.

By the way, in the San Francisco timeline, Sean Prescott was under investigation of corruption, since the police found out who payed for the Dark Room and I think even Nathan got arrested. So I think we can safely assume that Prescotts will be in real trouble even when Max sacrificed Chloe and saved Arcadia Bay.

Funny one i found at the gallery scene was, that Lisa Simpson was one of the contest winners, too. So über-nerd

and when you sacrifice Chloe, you said that you are fine with your best friend dying a cold and lonely death.

and when you sacrifice Chloe, you said that you are fine with your best friend dying a cold and lonely death.
    I doubt that everyone that made that choice feels like that, I did choice that ending that you accept Chloe's request not to interfere in the bathroom, however I am not ok with my friends dying at all, had enough of that already.

There is always the question regarding the 2 choices in the end : "How does one measure one life against many ?" I think it was from Watchmen (The graphic novel by Alan Moore / Dave Gibbons), I'll have to read it again to be 100%

The ending I picked was "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay". Why? Because when it came down to it, after everything that had happened, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't let Chloe die. I cared too much for her and refused to accept her fate. I'd like to believe that that some of the residents of the town survived. Joyce, Warren, Frank, David, even the students and teachers from Blackwell. Except Jefferson. May he rot in Hell.

Umm, you already said that, your statement doesn't mean much in comparison of thousands of people dying slow, lonely death.

I think the "right" ending to pick was "Sacrifice Chloe". Personally I think that's the ending that best fits the story and puts a real end to it. You go back to the very beginning and let life play out like it was supposed to, without any rewinds. You've learnt the lesson that time has been trying to teach you, and you've accepted it.. Chloe IS supposed to die, and time should NOT be messed with.

That being said though .. I couldn't do it. I just thought of myself standing there with my best friend and concluded that I wouldn't wanna live the rest of my life without them, especially being my own choice. Plus I'd have to sit there and listen to them die and do nothing.

I kind of saw this ending coming as it drew near. I just didn't think you'd actually get the choice. Part of me thinks it's good that you have that one final ultimate decision to make. But part of me thinks it shouldn't be a choice. If you sacrifice Arcadia Bay like I did then not only are you letting everyone else die .. you're basically saying that you haven't learnt the lesson that the game's been trying to teach you since the very beginning.

So to conclude .. I think the "Right" choice is "Sacrifice Chloe" .. But I sacrificed Arcadia bay because I just couldn't do it.

Umm, you already said that, your statement doesn't mean much in comparison of thousands of people dying slow, lonely death.
    Part of my willingness to sacrifice Arcadia Bay is that I think that you couldn't get rid of a tornado by rewinding time again anyway. Rewinding time caused the tornado so something else would have to fix it. Also, Max had the tornado premonition before she even saw Chloe for the first time in 5 years in the bathroom.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast