Thread: Regarding CDR (Cooldown reduction)

Regarding CDR (Cooldown reduction)

Regarding CDR (Cooldown reduction)

So I'm trying to see if there is a hidden cap for cdr on abilities in this game. From what I've gathered it seems there is a hard cap of 25% on a single ability just through what affixes and perks we access to. Ex. 5% reduced cooldowns for all abilities (found on primary weapon/special ability), 10% reduced cooldown for -insert ability here- (found on primary/secondary abilities and only affect themselves), and then 10% reduced cooldown perk/talent.

25% is a pretty significant reduction to cooldowns and requires you to eat a few negative affixes to get there, just don't want to put in the resources to forge for it if there's a hidden cap at like 15 or 20%. Anyone tested this out?

Actually, the cap is at 15%. Why? Because you can not obtain reduced cooldown on your primary and secondary abilities. For example, vampire special abilities can obtain a reduced cooldown (leap, kick, charge, jump, abduct etc etc), but their other abilities can only get a 10% increased cooldown (so no decreased). So, if your special ability has the cooldown, combined with the perk, you would sit at a 15% cooldown maximum.

(In case you want to know, I burned through 10K gold trying to get -cooldown on a vampire ability, but it just never showed up, so either it is not possible, or I am the most unlucky forge-er that exists)

I believe there is some debate on how cooldown reductions are calculated - rounding up or down, if at all, but there's no hidden limit to CDR afaik. I use multiple loadouts with-20%/ -25% CDR

River, you have quite a limited experience here 10k is like 13 reforges? You are not the most unlucky person in Nosgoth by far, though the chance of not getting the desired single affix is a little low, like maybe 20-30% versus 70-80% of getting it in 13 reforges. You know you can't get the -affix if you have thats same +affix in the other pair, right?

P.s. You should also know that -CD affix results in the most rapid charge depletion rate
    Last edited by Farnbeak; 21st Oct 2015 at 08:14.

Originally Posted by Farnbeak
    I believe there is some debate on how cooldown reductions are calculated - rounding up or down, if at all, but there's no hidden limit to CDR afaik. I use multiple loadouts with-20%/ -25% CDR
    It is rounded up. For example, using the reaver cooldown perk would make leap attack have a cooldown of 7.2 seconds, but it still is 8 seconds. However, adding an extra -5 cooldown on the leap ability causes it to be 6.8 seconds cooldown, and this changes it to an ingame cooldown of 7 seconds.

Originally Posted by Farnbeak
    River, you have quite a limited experience here 10k is like 13 reforges? You are not the most unlucky person in Nosgoth by far, though the chance of not getting the desired single affix is a little low, like maybe 20-30% versus 70-80% of getting it in 13 reforges. You know you can't get the -affix if you have thats same +affix in the other pair, right?
    Actually, one reforge costs 250 in gold. Seeing how I burned through 10K gold, this would come to a total of 40 reforges. (still think I am not unlucky? :P)

For the affix part: Before I started forging, I had a leap attack with -5 cooldown on it. I wanted more cooldown in general, so I buyed a blank choking haze, and forged it with a stat. After this, I would reforge it, hoping to get the -10 (or -5) cooldown on that ability as well. I managed to get +10 cooldown a couple of times, but not -10 cooldown (or again, -5).

(Bit of extra information, but I did manage to get +health on every single tyrant ability)