Thread: FFVIII Prequel

FFVIII Prequel

FFVIII Prequel

Dear Square-Enix,

I would like to propose a new Final Fantasy VIII game that focuses on Laguna and his friends. In the original FF8, we encounter Laguna in Squall's dream... why not do the opposite in the next FF8 game (where we control Squall and the rest of his party in Laguna's dreams)?

Cheers!

Interesting concept, but IMO Laguna and his pals just weren't interesting enough :P

Although it has been a long time since I've played 8 >_>

Originally Posted by Tonyr86

Interesting concept, but IMO Laguna and his pals just weren't interesting enough :P

Although it has been a long time since I've played 8 >_>

yeah his crew is not interesting enough, maybe because we only get little time to know these guys because they're only in Squall's dream.

I remember in FFVIII that the story of Laguna Loire also took some part in the main storyline as well.

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner

I remember in FFVIII that the story of Laguna Loire also took some part in the main storyline as well.

Yeah, in the ending, although Kiros and Ward had basically no roles.

Laguna is alright, but his comrades are just too boring.

Originally Posted by Dils

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner

Yeah, in the ending, although Kiros and Ward had basically no roles.

Laguna is alright, but his comrades are just too boring.

I agree that a Sequel could not work based off of this idea. However, I do have an idea that I think would be a great starting point. List of the major themes that FF VIII-2 should have to make it a hit:

1. Come up with a better version of the Junctioning system.

After all, most people didn't mind the Junction/GF abilities aspect of the game as much as the "Drawing" aspect of it. Nobody enjoyed having to "Draw" 6 of the major GFs from enemies. Come up with something better that fits better with the junctioning system. either way, the combat/customization needs to feel fresh with new things added, but it still needs to feel like FF 8.

2. Keep Squall, Rinoa, Seifer, SeeD and Sorcery as a main focus of the game.

Originally Posted by Sean

1. Come up with a better version of the Junctioning system.

After all, most people didn't mind the Junction/GF abilities aspect of the game as much as the "Drawing" aspect of it. Nobody enjoyed having to "Draw" 6 of the major GFs from enemies. Come up with something better that fits better with the junctioning system. either way, the combat/customization needs to feel fresh with new things added, but it still needs to feel like FF 8.

Honestly, most people just refined Magic from Triple Triad cards, which is how you could have high-tier Magic early in the game and also why the system was so broken.
    Personally I never played Triple Triad and I didn't really mind the Drawing aspect, but it did get a bit annoying when all you drew was 0-2 of them -.-
    I'd be a happy camper if you'd be allowed to break the Draw Limit of 9 and draw up to like 15-20 each time.

I never did focus on those characters as much as the main group. I suppose that it would be interested to know more about them though.

Nevermind those guys... Keep Rinoa, Squall & Seifer!! I just LOVE those guys