Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: FFVII Game won't play

FFVII Game won't play

This is likely a conflict with a security feature called Data Execution Prevention (DEP) that is built into Windows 7. I've been able to get FFVII to run by disabling that feature, but this is NOT a good fix because the feature is an important way for Windows to block malware and viruses.

For your reference, you can disable the feature by following the steps here: windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vist...

In the last step, change the drop down box to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only."

Square needs to release a patch to make the program compliant with the feature because it is unacceptable to have to do this.

Even using tab to highlight each box does nothing. No key will actually tick the box.

My game works fine on my Laptop. When I try to play it on my desktop, after opening the Square-Enix launch application (Play, Achievements, Setteings, Credits etc) the game will open a window on 'Play' and then instantly exit, returning to the launch application.

Running Windows 7 64 bit, tried running as admin, doesnt work. 2.8 GHz, 3GB ram, integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 video card with up to date drivers.

any suggestions?

I actually got this error during gameplay. As I was exiting the Mithril Mines, the screen went black and keys didn't work. I went to windows and this error popped up.

Yup, been having this trouble since I first downlowded. Turned off DEP, antivirus, etc. Updated graphics and sound drivers.

Win7 x64, 8GB RAM, GTX460

THE GAME DOES NOT RUN.

I'm having the exact same problem. It was playing fine on my old computer, but when I upgraded today, it decided to stop.

Maybe it has to do with being downloaded on multiple computers?

I had this issue, but it was when I was using a hud to show me my gpu info from the EVGA precision software. I disabeled this and it ran just fine. If you all are using anything that acts like this, or xfire, or any of those type of things shut them off.

I have the same issue. Ran it fine this morning then I had to go out real quick so I ALT+F4 during the opening cinematic and shut down my PC. Now any time I go to hit play it says FF7_EN.exe has stopped working etc. Any fixes?

Same problem. I got it to work fine after installing, but all the save files were greyed out and gave "No save game data." I quit, went back in and now I'm getting unknown exceptions. If anyone has any ideas for either problem, I'd love to hear them.

Edit: Just needed a restart. Didn't touch the DEP settings. Now it's loading fine and saving. I guess the save problem was that it wasn't syncing. Still, I'm dubious that this will last.

Okay I got this fixed, here's what I did:

Change DEP settings (use above tutorial)

Uninstalled FF7, redownloaded and installed on a different disk. At this point it still wasn't working.

Restart PC <--- IMPORTANT

Works now.

the error i am getting is 000095b2

I have it all set up, but when i click on play, the box just flashes and nothing happens...anyone experience this?

I've had this problem since last night. I haven't been able to play yet.

Yah bro, uninstalled and reinstalled, still didn't fix it. Restart my computer. Nothing. WTF to this.

YO CAN SOMONE TELL ME HOW TO GET BACK TO MY DOWNLOAD I JUST BOUGHT FFXI DOWNLOAD FOR PC WAS DOWNLOADING IT AND THEN COMP SHUT OFF NOW DONT KNOW HOW TO GET BACK TO DOWN LOAD

I'm in the same boat. Pressing play just makes the launcher go away, then come back.

Same thing here! Anyone have an answer to this question??? SquareEnix!?!?!

I currently have this issue, It was working perfectly fine yesterday.

Bump Bump Bump...anyone have answers to this?

Just problem after problem with this game it seems. Was actually playing it fine this morning (after finally figuring out how to start the damn game, by forcing me to log in through my facebook account), now I'm getting this problem. Press Play, launcher closes, nothing happens and eventually the launcher just comes back up.

Fix the problems Square Enix, this is pathetic. There is no reason for this game to require an internet connection past activating/unlocking it, much less have to rely on servers to actually play period.

Yep, same issue, this is getting frustrating, so many DRM hoops and hurdles and then nothing....

Hey guys, solved the issue on my side...

Anyway, for whatever reason I don't think our credentials are synced up throughout all their account databases, thusly, when we try to sign in to the different Square Enix accounts, it doesn't recognize that the game we purchased is under our main Square Enix Account (Square Enix NA, Square Enix, Facebook...etc).

I had to uninstall the game and re-install it so I could put in my credentials again. When it prompts you to log in, there is a link on the top right corner of the launcher that says "Not registered yet? Sign up here." Click that, I had to register for a new account with the same e-mail address that I purchased FF7 under (It seems to be tied to the DRM). Go through the account confirmation and when you log in to the website you should see FF7 as a purchased game. Log in with the e-mail address and password you just created in the launcher and the game should launch.

This is kinda stupid because I have 3 seperate Square Enix accounts now just to figure out this stupid problem.

Hope this helps.

Just let us install it an play!! Its insane that my 2012 computer has so much trouble running a stupid little game that was played on a 64bit platform!!!!!

Originally Posted by imported_Jamie

Anyway, for whatever reason I don't think our credentials are synced up throughout all their account databases, thusly, when we try to sign in to the different Square Enix accounts, it doesn't recognize that the game we purchased is under our main Square Enix Account (Square Enix NA, Square Enix, Facebook...etc).

I had to uninstall the game and re-install it so I could put in my credentials again. When it prompts you to log in, there is a link on the top right corner of the launcher that says "Not registered yet? Sign up here." Click that, I had to register for a new account with the same e-mail address that I purchased FF7 under (It seems to be tied to the DRM). Go through the account confirmation and when you log in to the website you should see FF7 as a purchased game. Log in with the e-mail address and password you just created in the launcher and the game should launch.

This is kinda stupid because I have 3 seperate Square Enix accounts now just to figure out this stupid problem.

Hope this helps.

Didn't work for me.

Originally Posted by natijs4

Originally Posted by imported_Jamie

Hope this helps.

Didn't work for me.

Hmm, I dunno then lol, I think still think It's a problem with the DRM, just had to make sure e-mail address and log in was the same as the account with the purchased game.

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last