Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official forums exclusive dev Q&A session #26

Official forums exclusive dev Q&A session #26

Welcome to our twenty-sixth monthly* official TR forums exclusive developer Questions & Answers session!

We're holding one of these Q&A sessions every month* on this forum, where you guys can direct your burning questions to the dev team. During each session, the 5 best questions will be picked out by Meagan/Robin and answered by a CrystalD crew member. Just a few conditions:

- Maximum 2 questions per member per Q&A session.

- Read all previously answered questions in our official FAQ threads before posting. We don't want questions which are already answered!

- Until answers are posted, no off topic in this thread. Only posts containing questions for the devs. For everything else, use other threads like the Humble Abode. Once answers are posted, you can discuss freely and go OT here.

- Post only intelligent, well thought-out questions which are articulate, clear and to the point.

Example...

Good:

I really loved the music in the Turning Point trailer. Will it be the Main Theme of the game?

Bad:

omg omg omg this is awesome thank u guys for doing this im so stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! k my question is about the trailer! I really liked the music in it and its sumthing i listen to often because i play violin and stuff lol so i know u guys maybe dont wanna give too much info away already but i guess what else is the point of this thread, rite? lmao. so pleasssssssssseeeeeee tell me if the music is gonna be the main theme in the game. i sooooooo much loved it and i wanna hear it for all the time when im on the title screen lolololololololol

====================

This session will end on October 19, 2015

=== Forum Q&A session history ===

Session #1 - December 2011
    Session #2 - February 2012
    Session #3 - April 2012
    Session #4 - May 2012
    Session #5 - June 2012 (special E3 ambassador edition)
    Session #6 - July 2012
    Session #7 - August/September 2012
    Session #8 - October 2012
    Session #9 - November 2012
    Session #10 - December 2012
    Session #11 - January 2013
    Session #12 - May 2013
    Session #13 - June 2013
    Session #14 - June/July/August 2013
    Session #15 - September 2013
    Session #16 - November 2013
    Session #17 - Dec 2013/Jan 2014
    Session #18 - Feb 2014
    Session #19 - Oct 2014
    Session #20 - Feb 2015
    Session #21 - Mar 2015
    Session #22 - Apr 2015
    Session #23 - May 2015
    Session #24 - June 2015 (special E3 ambassador edition)
    Session #25 - July 2015
    Session #26 - October 2015

*Schedules permitting. For example, around Christmas and summer holidays, we may skip a month or span a session across multiple months.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

#1 Roughly how much longer until we can see some 360 footage & Lara's 360 face?
    Last edited by a_big_house; 9th Oct 2015 at 16:53.
    signature image

We've been seeing a number of different outfits through previews, pre-order bonuses and whatnot. Is there an official count yet of how many of them exist in the game?

1.) When Lara uses one of her axes, the other one disappears. Will this be fixed?
    2.) Lara has a hood on most of her outfits in ROTTR, how will they be implemented into the game?

1. when will be the release date for the pc version?

2. will there be any graphical differences between the xbox version and the pc version?
    signature image

1) The collectors edition of the game appears to be really cool and I ask will there be the chance to get a collectors edition on PS and PC?

2) Looking at the outfits revealed so far for Lara most of them seem to be rather masculine so will we see either in-game or as DLC some more feminine options to choose from?
    signature image

1. Without giving away spoilers, what do you want to express through Lara as a character? Will there be moments when we're shocked by her, maybe even dislike Lara and/or her decisions at times?

2. Will the online expedition Cards be relatively easy to purchase with in-game points?
    Last edited by mIcKyByRnE; 16th Oct 2015 at 17:08. Reason: Press release already answered one of my questions

1. A lot of us really love Lara's iconic classic outfit and while it has been amazing to see it in Relic Run and Go will we also get the option for Lara to wear it in ROTTR?

2. Will Winston be making a guest appearance at any point in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    1) Will Windows 10 be a requirement for the PC version or will Windows 7 and 8.x also be supported (hope so).
    i can answer that for you.
    i asked meagan when she was in hong kong and she told me that win 10 is not a must to play the game. they just wrote it like this to indicate that its coming for pc.
    signature image

^That's a huge relief , thanks Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    i can answer that for you.
    i asked meagan when she was in hong kong and she told me that win 10 is not a must to play the game. they just wrote it like this to indicate that its coming for pc.
    Good to know, thanks!

1) Does Lara use the same finish moves of Reboot or there are additional finishers for each weapon types?

2) Does PC version support a modding environment?

Can you tell us what kind of DLC's we'll get from buying the season pass? Will there be a story DLC?

Can you tell us more about the tactical survival kit, which is included in the xbox bundle? Can we get a picture of the included outfit?
    signature image

1) There's rumors floating around the net (as always) about 'Rise' featuring in game microtransactions. Is there any "yay" or "nay" y'all can give to put the rumor to rest? Game Informer had an article on their site a few days back (as of this writing) which was neither a "yeah, they're there" nor a "it's all in your head". (And could Meagan or Robyn do a mid-western accent when either reads "y'all"?)

2) Bit of a follow up on that, in this modern age we live in with a high emphasis on technology in our daily lives, how does the team feel about companion aps, and what in a devs eyes is appealing or unappealing about them?
    Last edited by WinterSoldierLTE; 4th Oct 2015 at 13:17. Reason: Edited 2nd ?.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

1. Why do you (over)use slow motion when Lara is faced with certain death? i.e. Traps that fall are slowed down so they can be shot at. (That's no fun).

2. Despite the achievements on both versions (Xbox One and Xbox 360) totalling 1000 points, Why didn't you distribute some of the points to the 16 achievements that have '0' value on the Xbox360?

Thanks
    Last edited by megabug7; 13th Oct 2015 at 15:35.

1. Lara Croft has in the past always been really set apart from the vast array of male protagonists like in one level she might be in explorer gear and the next an wonderful elegant dress but I ask how you feel that attire like Hope's Bastion and Remnant fit with Lara as a female gaming icon?

2. Are the salvage items widely distributed or are there some that you have to find one specific hidden place to get?
    Last edited by Steel_Wing; 6th Oct 2015 at 14:16.

#2 How will the recently announced story DLC fit into Rise? Will it be an additional after game mission, or a standalone story?
    signature image

1. Can all the 300 cards be earned by completing in-game tasks or are there some which can only be obtained via micro-transactions ?

Explanation: There has been some discussion over similarities in Lara's animations people have spotted, such as in these images:

(I'm not overly convinced). Another is Lara looking over her shoulder when the platform collapses in Syria is similar to the animation in TR'13 when the plane wing falls.

So, my question is:

1, are there any deliberate similarities as 'throwbacks' to TR'13, or are these simply coincidences?

Swimming is back, yay! Swimming is another means of traversal in Rise, however...

2, will Lara learn to swim deeper and stay underwater for longer than she seems to in the Syria footage? I ask as she seems to surface automatically after a few seconds, it would be nice to be able to resurface manually.

1. Any dual pistols in ROTTR for Lara?
    2. Will there be graphical parity between all platforms? (Mainly between XB1 and PS4)

1. When the in-game credits are spent will we see it is so many credits for a specific card or outfit or do we get random prizes and then over time hopefully get some of the best ones?

2. Will the season pass bonuses you have said about include some outfits from the Core or LAU TR games?

1. Manual grab is on a card in one of the recent screenshots for Rise, will we be able to toggle this option on in the main game when we first start playing or is it tied to game modes outside of the single player campaign that have to be unlocked?

2. Swimming is a big part of Tomb raider and it's absense from the reboot was very noticable, will swimming in Rise provide true freedom of movement in the water both vertically aswell as horizontally as in the other games from the series?

I changed one of my questions as the original one was answered.

1. Will Lara's hair look clean and shiny the whole time, or will it look dirty/messy in line with her adventures. (I'm sure that 30,000 strands look lovely, but it kinda not worth it if the sun is constantly glinting off of her salon-fresh hair!)
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast