Thread: Contest Terms?

Contest Terms?

Entering league?

Soo, somehow I read the Rules and Conditions, and I read that only those in US, and Canada (excluding some cities?) are eligible to win prices. Outside of these places, it would be depending if the country fell under the same jurisdiction.

So now my question is: Can anybody outside of these actually win prices?
    Like, for example, I live in the Netherlands, in Europe. How do I know I win/get my price if I were to be placed 78th in eternal?

Could anybody answer this soon? Otherwise no need for the grind-fest :3

Contest Terms?

So let me get this straight.

I know that terms in general are meant to confuse people, so can someone please clarify this nice section from the screen shot below for me since I am not a politician.

According to this, since I am not from America, or Canada, IF, I manage to somehow get to Ethernal by the end of the contest, Square Enix will not give me the money? Oo
    I know "residents of other juristictions" MAY BE eligable to enter, but does that mean they can win the prizes as well?

Also, since I always login through Steam account, that technically means that I don't have a Square Enix account, so I won't be able to play in leagues?! Oo

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

could we get a statement about this anytime soon?

I understand there might be different laws and regulations in different parts of the world regarding giving out real money prizes.

BUT, I have been training to maybe grab one of these prizes. I spent many hours lately preparing, and through blood and tears I got to eternal last league (1.3) to practice for this. To broadcast this prize pool way in advance, only now to say it is unobtainable for me, is beyond unprofessional, and I sincerely hope its not so.

Originally Posted by NinetailNala
    So let me get this straight.

I know that terms in general are meant to confuse people, so can someone please clarify this nice section from the screen shot below for me since I am not a politician.

According to this, since I am not from America, or Canada, IF, I manage to somehow get to Ethernal by the end of the contest, Square Enix will not give me the money? Oo
    I know "residents of other juristictions" MAY BE eligable to enter, but does that mean they can win the prizes as well?

Also, since I always login through Steam account, that technically means that I don't have a Square Enix account, so I won't be able to play in leagues?! Oo

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
    Legal text are always a pain. But here goes as this one seems pretty straight forward.

If you are not from US or Canada you cannot win any prices.
    However if rules are set from the region you are in then these rules might give you right to certain prices.

Thus if Square decides to post rules regarding EU, Asia, Russia at some point you have to follow those rules.
    Up to now only US and Canada can win.

Well I'm not sure what's going on but I'm wondering if this is a bug.

For example here's the top bit missing from the above pic:

(click image to enlarge)

The Title of it is "Nosgoth Ranked League Official Contest Rules- North America"

I could be wrong but to me that implies that there were meant to be ones for the other continents with slightly different terms but for some reason this one got sent to everyone.... although it does mention France and Spain down the bottom for me
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

In regards to New York

Whhhhyyyyyy, this is so upsetting! I started a 30 day stream when the tourney went live and made my way to silver two before these words really hit me making me lose all the hype I had for competing in this. This was a big deal for me, and I have been talking about it for weeks to all my friends. Now I just feel awful. Why does living in my state exempt me from this?

I did some research, and I'm assuming it falls into the gambling department somehow, which is a shame. People I know get to play fantasy football online with money; that is okay apparently. I am just venting I don't want to cause a spectacle but I am just very sad now.
    Last edited by Luthius_79; 2nd Oct 2015 at 01:53.

Hey everyone,

It seems like the geographic IP targeting service that we use may not have worked quite as awesomely as we would have liked. League Beta 2 is indeed available to players in Europe and many other regions as well, you may not have been shown the correct document however. If you want to review the full documentation for all regions, you can do so here.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Question about the league prizes and my country.

My country isn’t listed on the PAL territories (I live in Costa Rica).
    But I’m able to play the leagues anyway.
    I can still get some prizes? The skin at least?