Thread: 66% off Nosgoth Supporter Pack Discounts

66% off Nosgoth Supporter Pack Discounts

66% off Nosgoth Supporter Pack Discounts

As people may or may not be aware, Nosgoth supporter packs are currently 66% off on the Square Enix website. Link included below

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/apa...id=4h9945jheh]

This is great for those who are on the fence about buying a supporter pack. It may attract more people to get a veteran pack and try out the game. It will likely result in increased revenue for development. It may be a good business decision and overall beneficial to the game and community. And yes the money spent on full price packs goes towards development (I hope) so that is a good thing even if we get less in return relatively.

Despite all this i still can't help feel extremely pissed off about buying an Immortal Pack at full price, and will likely continue to feel pissed off when I see people with Immortal banners having only paid $19. It previously felt like a badge of honor, however to me this diminishes that aspect significantly. I am surprised to see any sort of discount on voluntary contributions let alone such a huge number, and to me this is a display of lacking integrity by Square Enix. It trivializes the contributions the biggest supporters of the game have made, and likely marks the end of voluntary purchases for me for this game.

In my opinion full price paying supporters should be compensated the difference worth of in game currency. This would cost Square Enix nothing, and what somewhat make up for what is otherwise more or less a F you to the games biggest supporters.
    Last edited by --Ram--; 18th Oct 2014 at 09:39.

I went ahead and bought one of the packs. I've been replaying the entire series on PC and reckoned it would be a good time to finally dip in a new Nosgoth experience.

Glad i grabbed the immortal pack, 14 euros as support for such a good game seems ok for me. Wondered why there wasn't proper advertisment for this here, or i just didnt see it. Also the ingame store had the full price during the sales. Looks like bad communication to me.

Did this expire?

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    Did this expire?
    Appears to be the case.

If you are after a supporter pack I would advise waiting for it to go on sale again. I have been informed by Square Enix support that this is likely to happen again in the future. I don't see why some of us should pay triple the price for the same pack as others, based on the timing of our desire to support the game. Square Enix does not share my view, also confirmed by email. I thought it would be more than fair for them to compensate those who fell for what I consider to be not much less than a scam, with in game currency to make up the difference.

I argued this case with Square and was promptly dismissed with this default PR copy and paste 2 liner.

quote - "We can indeed understand your frustration, unfortunately there is not much we can do, we do thank you for your help and support by purchasing the founders packs, however there have been sales in the past and there will probably be sales on the future"

Originally Posted by --Ram--
    As people may or may not be aware, Nosgoth supporter packs are currently 66% off on the Square Enix website. Link included below

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/apa...id=4h9945jheh]

This is great for those who are on the fence about buying a supporter pack. It may attract more people to get a veteran pack and try out the game. It will likely result in increased revenue for development. It may be a good business decision and overall beneficial to the game and community. And yes the money spent on full price packs goes towards development (I hope) so that is a good thing even if we get less in return relatively.

Despite all this i still can't help feel extremely pissed off about buying an Immortal Pack at full price, and will likely continue to feel pissed off when I see people with Immortal banners having only paid $19. It previously felt like a badge of honor, however to me this diminishes that aspect significantly. I am surprised to see any sort of discount on voluntary contributions let alone such a huge number, and to me this is a display of lacking integrity by Square Enix. It trivializes the contributions the biggest supporters of the game have made, and likely marks the end of voluntary purchases for me for this game.

In my opinion full price paying supporters should be compensated the difference worth of in game currency. This would cost Square Enix nothing, and what somewhat make up for what is otherwise more or less a F you to the games biggest supporters.
    If you didnt want to support the game then you shouldnt have bought the pack in the first place.... Yes, if you waited, you would have gotten it cheaper, but that isnt what supporting a development is all about. Take it with pride that you detonated a good amount of money to a good game.
    I signed up for beta last year november but only got into the game 2 months ago, im not gonna demand an alpha banner cuz I signed up in alpha.
    Be proud of paying full price...

I just think the sale structure is crap for supporter packs. I get your point, but I don't think I am being unreasonable. In fact I think if it was used in games with large supporter bases it would cause mass outrage.

Path of Exile for example has been extremely successful with its supporter pack + free to play business model. Some of their supporter packs are worth several hundreds of dollars, and people buy them - in part because they want to support the game, and equally because it shows off their support and they get some in game goodies in return. I highly doubt that if these were suddenly cut in price by 2/3 the people who paid these prices would just shrug and say "oh well my money went to a good home". And these are people who are passionate about Path of Exile, they love to support the game. But they would still feel slighted - and so do I in this case.

Originally Posted by --Ram--
    I just think the sale structure is crap for supporter packs. I get your point, but I don't think I am being unreasonable. In fact I think if it was used in games with large supporter bases it would cause mass outrage.
    That's a bit overdramatic. Granted, I can understand your frustration as well, it's the same as going to a store and buying something only to see it was 50% off the next day. There are some businesses that will comp you for it though, at one retailer I've worked at (Sears) if something went on sale after you already bought it at full price they would give you the difference back, i.e. if you paid $30 and it went on sale for $20 a week or so later, they'd give you $10 so long as you kept your receipt to prove you paid $30. It saved time on people returning it for their money back then buying it again at the lower price. It's not a bad policy, I highly doubt SE will do something like that though!
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

It's like that in all F2P games, sales can always some up. I recommend to wait until sales again, otherwise you just "donate" more money for the cause. If i hadn't found this thread i would've not seen it either.

I still think there was misscommunication about it, because only the Square-Enix website had it on sale. Didn't see official advertisment here or a visible discount in the Runestone Store. It's like they didn't want us to see it

Anyways next time i would suggest to announce a discount on all channels not only on the Square-Enix homepage.