View Poll Results: Do you using "dead eye" perk?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 61.90%
  • No

8 38.10%

Thread: "Dead Eye" perk - poll

"Dead Eye" perk - poll

"Dead Eye" perk - poll

I just want to know if there are players who don't use that feature while playing as Hunter, or other human characters. IMO all weapons should have this perk applied by default, so they could actually work like intended (?), and players could use other perk, which doesn't give them such advantage.

I generally avoid buying perks just because they seem so expensive for something that doesn't seem to be too game-changing, but Dead Eye was the first perk I bought (I only have two now with several hundred hours of playtime). I bought it though because my computer hardware and slow internet connection make my accuracy plummet into the ground. As for implementing it into all of the weapons, I think that's a bit of an extreme. I know some people who can still rack up the damage without Dead Eye, and giving them its bonus seems like it would make really good players an even bigger threat to deal with (though yes, it would help lower level humans that aren't good at aiming). I think if everyone is using Dead Eye it should either be nerfed, or the other perks should be buffed, to encourage variety.

If I am hunter or prophet.. I am rolling with deadeye. It is just silly not to use it.

I may occasionally screw around with steadiness, but that is only when I wake up and need a little help getting into the swing of aiming through my first few games.

If I was alchy or scout, neither use it for obvious reasons.

i find myself using fleet footed more than deadeye , fun kiting
    signature image
    IGN : Tee Sin

I often use dead eye on hunter, but switch it out for tinkerer if I'm using seige/whip
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

In order of preference by class: (class is in no preferential order, jut the perks for each class)

Alchemist: Quick Hands (with a reload-buffed FB cannon) or Fleet-footed
    Scout: Tinkerer (Compound bow), Fleet-footed (With War Bow), or Dead-eye (Swift bow)
    Prophet: Steadiness or Dead-eye
    Hunter: Steadiness (siege bow/bolt thrower), Dead-eye (multi-bow/repeater)
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by cmstache
    Alchemist: Quick Hands (with a reload-buffed FB cannon)
    I might have to look in to a setup like this.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

I use quick wits... -feels out of place-

Deadeye is easily the best perk for the 3 hitscan classes right now. There is really no debate about it.

Honestly, when I tried using dead eye, I didn't like it as much as I liked Steadiness. It didn't seem to work as well for me, but maybe that's just me.

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    Honestly, when I tried using dead eye, I didn't like it as much as I liked Steadiness. It didn't seem to work as well for me, but maybe that's just me.
    Deadeye is more useful until you get used to compensating for recoil. As someone that never played shooters, the recoil on the weapons messed me up for a while as did the way the Scout's fully drawn bow waving back and forth, I was not anywhere near prepared for either. I once used steadiness on Hunter, got used to it, and then started trying other perks once compensating became second nature. When you're used to dealing with recoil with steadiness, it's not that drastic a difference without it imo.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

That works, I suppose. I can always try for Dead Eye again later.