Thread: As a new player what is the reason to level up a class?

As a new player what is the reason to level up a class?

As a new player what is the reason to level up a class?

As a new player (only been playing for just over a week). What is the reason? This is the 3rd class I have leveled up to 10 and its the third time I get the exact same loot from hitting 10...

On sentinel I got abuct at 5 and again at level 10 then for Vanguard I got the bleed axe at level 5 and once again at 10 and now for the prophet I got the bleed guns at level 5 and SURPRISE! I got it AGAIN at level 10....

What is the point to trying to get rewards if you're just going to get frustrated after the same 'reward' every time?

Or am I just really unlucky and I should keep trying?

Honestly, the point to levelling up was never the loot you get every five levels. They're a nice perk, yeah, but the real point to levelling up is to gain a better understanding of how to play the character more skillfully, and at level 25, you get the "Evolved" skin for the Vampires and the "Prestige" skin for the humans, basically the skin that makes your character one of the elite class.

The things you get when you're levelling up are items and abilities that can just as easily be purchased with gold you earn at the ends of matches. You don't earn any special abilities at the 5-level mark, they're just a small reward to congratulate you on getting 5 more levels toward 25.

I can't recall receiving duplicates for my level up rewards but maybe it is that way now.

Basically in answer to your question - so much this...

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    and at level 25, you get the "Evolved" skin for the Vampires and the "Prestige" skin for the humans, basically the skin that makes your character one of the elite class.

You may get the same weapon, but it should have different stats bonuses on it. A new player might not fully understand the implications of those, but they exist. It is possible to have a duplicate, I suppose, but it'd be pretty rare.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

I guess I'll add to this now that there's been a recent update. Just in case you haven't noticed and all. When you level up a class now, you gain various "talents" for said class that unlock at certain levels. They seem to have taken the place of the previous passive perks, and are now class-specific passive bonuses instead. The only way to get them now is to level up a class instead of buying them, and they actually seem to give you a significant edge. I rather like it.

^See above.

Also:
    You are approaching this wrong.
    You are playing a game to win. Not leveling up.
    You level up as you play. Theres not much you need to do except try to win and leveling will just happen naturally.
    If you don't like a class, then don't bother with it. Maybe you will get into it later.

Also leveling up other classes teaches you about the classes including strengths and weaknesses, and also gives you options in terms of which class to play during a match, ie does the team really need a 3rd scout? which if all you ever do is play scouts means your not likely to be that good with one of the others.