Thread: Why Flashpoint is not popular?

Why Flashpoint is not popular?

Why Flashpoint is not popular?

Second day I''ve tried to find some lobby for flashpoint.
    And second time i'm stucked in searchin it in about an hour with no results.
    I find Flashpoint very interesting game mode, why people are not enjoying it?

I find Flashpoint not very interesting game mode.

Why so ? this is as standart as tdm fo many mmo's . It grant's more exp and variative situations. I mean it's an oportunity to mix ur loadout , to use different combinations of abilities, that are rare usefull in tdm. Anyway , is it so unpopular that people not playing it at all? 1 hour of searching the lobby is saying it pretty clear. So mb devs should redesign it? how ?

I was having this conversation the other day with someone. The whole reason I play Nosgoth and not Battlefield anymore is because it has original and unique gameplay that provides fun and competitive matches. Underlining the fun and unique parts. I don;t enjoy getting spammed by 64 player FPS ballistics anymore, its just chaos and I don't enjoy that anymore.

Lets look at the modes provided by Nosgoth. Obviously the originality of Nosgoth is born from the mechanics or height advantage/disadvantage and ranged vs melee strategy. The game modes just facilitate these mechanics but they are usually tweaked so that they fit the lore of the game, so that they make sense in the world of Nosgoth.

Standard TDM mode. Not original at all, it is done in most FPS multiplayer games, it suits the vamps vs humans theme very well. You don't need to make up some story, its obvious. Straightforward hunting and defending.

Capture the body. Again, like capture the flag you can find it in most FPS multiplayer games. They adapted it to dragging a body around instead of a flag which suits the lore more than running about with flags. Therefore I can play it for a few games.

Flashpoint. Its basically a domination game mode you can also find in a lot of multiplayer fps. They have not adapted it at all to suit the lore in my opinion. I find running from one point to another tedious, the whole game mode feels like an afterthought and not adapted to Nosgoth at all.

What I would like to see.

When a flag is being captured, make the whole flag area change somehow to a more diseased area that has some mice running around and humans take damage whilst trying to capture it. This would be an improvement to the way it is now and would encourage me to play it more perhaps. Thats just an example, hopefully you get what I mean. As it stands, theres just running from one location to another killling or defending but no obvious reason as to why. The vampires should be marking the territory with... whatever they marl territory with. Blood perhaps from their human victims. Add some AI human inhabitants that are there to be mercilessly slaughtered. Some big boobed wenches etc.
    Perhaps a captured area should spawn minions or something. Obviously with all these sorts of ideas tweaks will be required but I believe its doable. As it is, I'm just not interested in playing it.
    Last edited by SonixSquad; 6th Sep 2015 at 09:28.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

I really like flashpoint, I've just not been playing so much this week because I've been playing MGSV.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

If I'm honest, multiplayer PvP isn't really my thing. Outside of horde and free for all, I usually ignored them in my gaming experience. I've made an exception for Nosgoth because it's different from what TDM was like before, and because of my love for LOK; but CTB is rather enjoyable to play while with Flashpoint, I find myself eagerly waiting for it to end. The biggest thing keeping me from playing is the wait times, I gotta play EU (I'm Eastern NA) if I'm serious about actually wanting to play anything but TDM in the next hour.
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 6th Sep 2015 at 17:07.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I really like flashpoint, I've just not been playing so much this week because I've been playing MGSV.
    ^This. Nosgoth is great and all, but I'm currently addicted to MGSV.

Managed to play a couple of games a night on it (EU servers are usually busier than others)...but haven’t played as much as I would have liked due to sickness...wish I could say MGSV

Flashpoint is a rly cool game mode, however I prefer capture the body, since it is more related to the game. (If this makes any sense^^).

NOSGOTH PEOPLE, pls finish one of those game modes allready, it seems like everything is stuck in Beta

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Managed to play a couple of games a night on it (EU servers are usually busier than others)...but haven’t played as much as I would have liked due to sickness...wish I could say MGSV
    Do you breathe through your skin?
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    Some big boobed wenches
    This isn't Bloodrayne.

First of all...
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    Do you breathe through your skin?
    lol

Secondly...
    Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    Standard TDM mode. Not original at all, it is done in most FPS multiplayer games, it suits the vamps vs humans theme very well. You don't need to make up some story, its obvious. Straightforward hunting and defending.
    [...]
    Flashpoint. Its basically a domination game mode you can also find in a lot of multiplayer fps. They have not adapted it at all to suit the lore in my opinion. I find running from one point to another tedious, the whole game mode feels like an afterthought and not adapted to Nosgoth at all.
    I agree. Flashpoint seems like an afterthought. The biggest problem with both FP and DtB are that the maps have not been adapted to the mode's needs. You can make a TDM Map out of any map by removing the objectives (may it be CTF or Dom. or whatever else), but you cant just slap Objective locations into a TDM map and expect it to work as a Domination or Capture the flag map.

Most CTF maps in FPS are mirror opposites: This obviously is not needed here, since only one side does the capturing. What is needed however, is a sensible base system with spawns being locked, so that you dont have the spawn issues that persist up until now.
    Same goes for Flashpoint. The biggest issue I have with both modes are the spawns, which are identical in style to the TDM mode and therefore dont fit the mode. A good map for FP would be something more progressive:
    You start at point A and B - when you capture A, C unlocks, when you capture B, D unlocks.
    When you captured all 4, a final zone unlocks for capturing. These zones lie progressively further away from the Human spawn zone, and closer to the vampire zone, meaning that each Capture zone is going to be harder to secure.
    (Adapt the same style backwards for Vampires in DtB)

This is why nobody plays either mode: The mechanics are a nice idea, but the execution needs more than just mechanics. We need proper maps. Just shuffle around some of the buildings, start with the big maps like Freeport and Crucible, try and retool them:

Crucible should be easy enough to adapt: The FP zones are along the side of the large area up top, while the final zone is inside the great arena. Vampires Spawn on top of the Arena in the far back, while humans spawn behind the gate at the Statue of Turel. (Spawn protection!!!)

http://i.imgur.com/SwPs620.jpg

The Architecture of the map needs to change a little, where in TDM there is a maze (D) it should be under a roof, but with less walls to enable more movement by the human team. Even secondary objectives could be introduced, like the tunnel being closed by gates, but you can unlock it by capturing a small side objective on top of the cave, which will open the gates and enable movement trrough the tunnel.
    The spawn zones could also move up and back slightly when A and B and are captured/lost. Alternatively the time required to capture can be individually increased for each point.
    Last edited by Da_Wolv; 17th Sep 2015 at 08:47.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    This isn't Bloodrayne.
    Blood Omen had wenches, although they were mostly for comedy purposes. Remember, "The nights can get very cold around 'ere stranger. Ah can 'elp you get through it!".
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    First of all...

lol

Secondly...

I agree. Flashpoint seems like an afterthought. The biggest problem with both FP and DtB are that the maps have not been adapted to the mode's needs. You can make a TDM Map out of any map by removing the objectives (may it be CTF or Dom. or whatever else), but you cant just slap Objective locations into a TDM map and expect it to work as a Domination or Capture the flag map.

Most CTF maps in FPS are mirror opposites: This obviously is not needed here, since only one side does the capturing. What is needed however, is a sensible base system with spawns being locked, so that you dont have the spawn issues that persist up until now.
    Same goes for Flashpoint. The biggest issue I have with both modes are the spawns, which are identical in style to the TDM mode and therefore dont fit the mode. A good map for FP would be something more progressive:
    You start at point A and B - when you capture A, C unlocks, when you capture B, D unlocks.
    When you captured all 4, a final zone unlocks for capturing. These zones lie progressively further away from the Human spawn zone, and closer to the vampire zone, meaning that each Capture zone is going to be harder to secure.
    (Adapt the same style backwards for Vampires in DtB)

This is why nobody plays either mode: The mechanics are a nice idea, but the execution needs more than just mechanics. We need proper maps. Just shuffle around some of the buildings, start with the big maps like Freeport and Crucible, try and retool them:

Crucible should be easy enough to adapt: The FP zones are along the side of the large area up top, while the final zone is inside the great arena. Vampires Spawn on top of the Arena in the far back, while humans spawn behind the gate at the Statue of Turel. (Spawn protection!!!)

http://i.imgur.com/SwPs620.jpg

The Architecture of the map needs to change a little, where in TDM there is a maze (D) it should be under a roof, but with less walls to enable more movement by the human team. Even secondary objectives could be introduced, like the tunnel being closed by gates, but you can unlock it by capturing a small side objective on top of the cave, which will open the gates and enable movement trrough the tunnel.
    The spawn zones could also move up and back slightly when A and B and are captured/lost. Alternatively the time required to capture can be individually increased for each point.
    I really like this idea, I think the developers really need to take a look at your ideas and fix flashpoint because even though people say its popular, we all know its just because people want a GOOD objective mode and they are just in denial of how BAD fp really is.