Thread: The Doe (EPISODE FOUR SPOILERS)

The Doe (EPISODE FOUR SPOILERS)

I always knew something was off with that doe, considering that it was transparent and in episode 2 it shot up out of the ground. What I didn't know is that Rachel was where the doe jumped from..

Anyway, my question is: Why is the doe at the nightmare in the end of episode one? Is Rachel guiding Max as to where she should go or is the doe just helping her?

FORESHADOW: The shirt Max wears in episode one has the word "JANE" with a doe next to it. I figured out a couple weeks ago that the "Jane doe" is and unidentified body (Rachel was missing for 6 months and then found in episode 4.)

The first place where the Doe is seen is on top of the resting place for Rachel, the spirit animals are not affected by the power of Max, The Doe suddenly disappeared when we find Rachel's body, maybe it was her ghost taking a Doe shape to communicate with Chloe, but only Max can see her.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeishellastrange View Post

Anyway, my question is: Why is the doe at the nightmare in the end of episode one? Is Rachel guiding Max as to where she should go or is the doe just helping her. )
    This we may not know for sure until the end. It suggests to me that maybe Rachel isnt dead because the doe continues to appear after the body is discovered.

Strangely you'll notice when snooping in Victoria's room for the email in episode 1, if you look at Victoria's tablet where she's ordering a 3D printer, the picture of the printer is printing out a doe.
    "If you come with me, NOTHING will ever be the same again." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by OHWceta View Post
    Strangely you'll notice when snooping in Victoria's room for the email in episode 1, if you look at Victoria's tablet where she's ordering a 3D printer, the picture of the printer is printing out a doe.
    Now that I didn't see. Will need to jump on youtube and check it out.

During the bottle quest, you can find a fragment of 'old school punk' clothing close to the burial site, but I'm not convinced that Rachel has any motive to guide Max. I wondered if the doe was connected to Chris (the snow globe, that you may or may not have broken) since has a connection to both Max and Chloe.

The doe featuring heavily in Greek symbolism, representing the mystic connections between females, nature and the unconscious. Later they were thought of as messengers from angels or faeries. Then again, deer are skittish, nervous and shy and avoid confrontation. So maybe Samuel is right and it's just Max's spirit animal!

During the bottle quest, you can find a fragment of 'old school punk' clothing close to the burial site
    There's also a bloody shirt which Max will respond "THAT is probably the scariest thing here" or something along those lines. I wonder if the syringes Max finds on the ground are from Jefferson or if they're just Frank's drug buddies who David says hangs around the junk yard.
    "If you come with me, NOTHING will ever be the same again." - The Doctor