Thread: Nosgoth Release Date

Nosgoth Release Date

Nosgoth Release Date

So, has the full release been announced? I don't like playing beta. I feel like it isn't a complete game. I want to play the full experience. I am a huge LOK fan ever since I first played Soul Reaver and really want to play this, but I can't find it anywhere. Is the full game launching next year?

Originally Posted by Miller418
    So, has the full release been announced? I don't like playing beta. I feel like it isn't a complete game. I want to play the full experience. I am a huge LOK fan ever since I first played Soul Reaver and really want to play this, but I can't find it anywhere. Is the full game launching next year?
    Beta normally (meaning there are exceptions) means feature complete and nothing left to do but fix bugs. There still seems to be plenty left that the devs are working on, but I don't think they're holding back any completed features just because it happens to be labelled beta.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

If I remember correctly, they said it would be releasing in 2016 sometime. They add things as soon as they're finished enough to be added.

We haven't made any announcements yet regarding full release, but don't let that stop you from trying it out! We have been in Alpha and then Beta, a lot of features and improvements have been added, and that will continue as it's a live game.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    We haven't made any announcements yet regarding full release, but don't let that stop you from trying it out! We have been in Alpha and then Beta, a lot of features and improvements have been added, and that will continue as it's a live game.
    Thank you. I'll think about it. I personally feel though that the only way to play a game is when it is 100% complete. I feel like this whole beta thing is just testing an incomplete product no matter how close it will be to the final project. But just to be safe, the game hasn't been "cancelled" right? It is still expected to be fully released some day?

Thank you. I'll think about it. I personally feel though that the only way to play a game is when it is 100% complete. I feel like this whole beta thing is just testing an incomplete product no matter how close it will be to the final project. But just to be safe, the game hasn't been "cancelled" right? It is still expected to be fully released some day?
    that's a hard way to look at things.

the stage Nosgoth is in now is dang near perfect imo. yes there are bugs and issues that can be annoying at most but not game breaking. even full released games have bugs and get patches to fix them.

the bugs in the game are nothing that ruin your play experience they are minor things. and the glitches that happen are very small. that's been my experience at least.

its pretty ironed out so far. and coming from closed beta to open beta its seen a big improvement.

Originally Posted by calypso-694
    that's a hard way to look at things.

the stage Nosgoth is in now is dang near perfect imo. yes there are bugs and issues that can be annoying at most but not game breaking. even full released games have bugs and get patches to fix them.

the bugs in the game are nothing that ruin your play experience they are minor things. and the glitches that happen are very small. that's been my experience at least.

its pretty ironed out so far. and coming from closed beta to open beta its seen a big improvement.
    Beta is what's developers typically refer to as the feature complete stage. There are still lots of features planned but not completed and certainly not tested. Imagine the amount of flak they would get it they announced full release and then added in a load of new game modes etc that were barely playable.

What's so important about a label anyway? It's not like they have a fully bug free version of the game at Psyonix somewhere and are simply refusing to make it available to the public.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Should fix every or most bugs before they release this game. And add server-side hitreg for tournament-realm.

I already think this is the greatest pvp game ever created and its just in beta. Full release will be awesome.

Most f2p games are in perpetual development. Nosgoth will never really be 100% complete. Release is just a label, the difference between it and Open beta is largely semantic.
    Last edited by Aggggh; 4th Sep 2015 at 14:25.

Originally Posted by Aggggh
    Most f2p games are in perpetual development. Nosgoth will never really be 100% complete. Release is just a label, the difference between it and Open beta is largely semantic.
    Call it a matter of principal I guess. I played Blood Omen through Defiance AFTER they were fully released. It's different I guess, if only f2p games can be played in beta. But I don't want normal average every day single player games to be released "whenever" when not fully complete. I hate the whole idea of DLC. Either finish the game, or do like Soul Reaver did and put certain plot elements in later games. I don't want developers to get into the practice of "this game isn't complete, just put it out there so we can get money." I'm not saying Nosgoth did that, I am just speaking of the practice of developing f2p in general.

Luckily, this game isn't in a style that releases an unfinished game and then charges for "DLC" later, like new quest lines or story elements like you see in Dragon Age or Mass Effect. Those piss me off, too. B/

Yepp, that would be horrible, if we get an unfinished game. However releasing the game could possible attract a lot of new players and increase the player base. That would generate a new income for the developers, so they would have it easier to reward awesome players (in ESL and ranked league). And, pls dont forget, I believe the Team around Nosgoth allready put so much energy and time into this game. Hopefully everyone will get rewarded one day: the players get an awesome team-based game, which is unique in its game design and also competitive and developers finally get some money to buy some food