Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Kate lying? *spoilers*

Is Kate lying? *spoilers*

Since discussion about this was risen in a topic nearby, i think it would be reasonable enough to create separate topic on this matter.

Is there any chance that Kate Marsh lied to Maxine? Or did not tell her everything? Or was mistaken about something?

There are some quite strange details in this case, let us start with one:

Kate heard someone soft voice and then she heard Nathan's voice. This voice presumably belongs to Jefferson. But wait, why Kate wasn't able to recognize it?

There clearly was some king of struggle between Kate and Jefferson just prior her suicide (attempt). And yet, Kate never mentions Jefferson in a conversation with Maxine. Not a single time.

She was drugged, what do you expect?

My 'guess' is that, as a last resort, Kate approached Jefferson for advice on what to do about her situation. Perhaps he was one of the only teachers she thought she could trust. Before she left the conversation she says "so you can't help me?"

Quote Originally Posted by NayaBR View Post
    She was drugged, what do you expect?
    Was she? And if she really was... then by whom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    My 'guess' is that, as a last resort, Kate approached Jefferson for advice on what to do about her situation. Perhaps he was one of the only teachers she thought she could trust. Before she left the conversation she says "so you can't help me?"
    And also: "I am not important to you anymore." Is she was important? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Was she? And if she really was... then by whom?

And also: "I am not important to you anymore." Is she was important? What?
    I missed that last line. Will need to go back and have another play.

I missed that last line. Will need to go back and have another play.
    We have youtube. It is not like i'm remember all of this either.

There is something else on this matter. It's seems highly unlikely that Kate was drugged by Nathan. If we assume that Vortex Club parties was meant to cover up kidnappings, it would be unbelievably stupid for kidnapper to draw attention to their victim by drugging her like this.

Furthermore, when Nathan tried to drug Chloe the effect was the exact opposite.

And, Nathan, if accused by Maxine, clearly states that content of viral video contradicts Maxine claims. Unfortunately (khe-khe) we don't know it's content yet.

And so, we have more than enough reasons to assume that Kate wasn't drugged by Nathan. And since we have no other suspects, we may assume that she wasn't drugged at all.

We have youtube. It is not like i'm remember all of this either.

There is something else on this matter. It's seems highly unlikely that Kate was drugged by Nathan. If we assume that Vortex Club parties was meant to cover up kidnappings, it would be unbelievably stupid for kidnapper to draw attention to their victim by drugging her like this.

Furthermore, when Nathan tried to drug Chloe the effect was the exact opposite.

And, Nathan, if accused by Maxine, clearly states that content of viral video contradicts Maxine claims. Unfortunately (khe-khe) we don't know it's content yet.

And so, we have more than enough reasons to assume that Kate wasn't drugged by Nathan. And since we have no other suspects, we may assume that she wasn't drugged at all.
    Kate might be in Jefferson's interest and J. convinced Nathan to drug Kate, whilst Chloe was Nathan's attempt since there is no Chloe's file in the Dark Room.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Kate might be in Jefferson's interest and J. convinced Nathan to drug Kate
    Well, we can assume that. But in order to this assumption make sense, we should answer this two questions first:

- Did Jefferson really want Kate to go wild?

- Why Nathan is so sure that viral video contradicts Maxine's claims?

Since discussion about this was risen in a topic nearby, i think it would be reasonable enough to create separate topic on this matter.

Is there any chance that Kate Marsh lied to Maxine? Or did not tell her everything? Or was mistaken about something?

There are some quite strange details in this case, let us start with one:

Kate heard someone soft voice and then she heard Nathan's voice. This voice presumably belongs to Jefferson. But wait, why Kate wasn't able to recognize it?

There clearly was some king of struggle between Kate and Jefferson just prior her suicide (attempt). And yet, Kate never mentions Jefferson in a conversation with Maxine. Not a single time.
    She's clearly being threatened by him or someone else. That's why she keeps her mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by RaulRoque View Post
    She's clearly being threatened by him or someone else. That's why she keeps her mouth shut.
    She publicly shouted at Jefferson. So it is pretty clear that she was not afraid.

She publicly shouted at Jefferson. So it is pretty clear that she was not afraid.
    Where?

Where?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3o7Qp3iXqw

Here, on 2:47:32. She is clearly do not afraid of him. This could be anything, but it is clearly not fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3o7Qp3iXqw

Here, on 2:47:32. She is clearly do not afraid of him. This could be anything, but it is clearly not fear.
    Interesting. You're a detective.

I think she never saw him in action in the dark room, maybe? But that's confusing now, because we're seeing Jeff, but what if Max can't see him too because of the drugs?

Well, I can't speculate too much. The way is to wait for the next episode.

PS: But I'm sure of something: she's a victim. If she lied at some point, that's unintentional. Nobody dies just because is merely kidding. I think we can agree on that, right?
    Last edited by RaulRoque; 14th Aug 2015 at 18:38.

Of course she was drugged, it seems like we didn't play the same videogame.

She only drank a glass of vine, and she was used to because she drank vine when she'd go to the church.
    If Nathan says the video is a "proof" against Max (never Maxine) accusation is because she was drugged so she was acting by "herself", noone was forcing her to do whatever she was doing but it was because she was high, surely because Nathan drugged her at the request of Jefferson. I don't know, it's obvious. Chloe was drugged too and even Rachel was drugged too in those parties.

[...] Chloe was drugged too and even Rachel was drugged too in those parties.
    Chloe drugged?

Of course she was drugged, it seems like we didn't play the same videogame.
    The very same.

I don't know, it's obvious.
    It is far from obvious.

Chloe was drugged too
    Yes, indeed. And an effect of the drug was opposite.

surely because Nathan drugged her at the request of Jefferson.
    But they had no reason to do that! In fact, the existence of viral video stroke them both badly.

I think she never saw him in action in the dark room, maybe?
    But she clearly heard him. And i'm find it very strange, that she wasn't able recognize his voice, but was able recognize Nathan's voice.

If she lied at some point, that's unintentional.
    But i'm never denied that possibility. If she was drunk and then was drugged, she could easily forget something.

Interesting. You're a detective.
    Too much Ace Attorney, i suppose.

Maybe the devs overlooked some details about her story...maybe because they where focusing in the bullying stuff

Quote Originally Posted by VUylvern View Post
    Maybe the devs overlooked some details about her story...maybe because they where focusing in the bullying stuff
    You know - i'm always okay with inconsistencies.

You know - i'm always okay with inconsistencies.
    they should've hired detectives as consultants

Quote Originally Posted by VUylvern View Post
    they should've hired detectives as consultants
    And maybe they are? I'm actually hope so! I hope that there are more in this story than meats the eye.

Kate: Drugs + Alcohol = Intense effect. Her drink was spiked (By whom is the better question. Everyone is pretty suspect in this case. Most likely Nathan.)

At the point she heard the soft voice, she was cognitively out of it (psychological term menaing that new information wouldn't stick as well. Nathan was already with her so she was easily able to recognize his presence [There is a psychological term for this but I'm exhausted too much to recall it].

Chloe: Straight up drugs = Not as intense.

That's why they warn you to never drink alcohol while taking your meds. Don't drink wine when taking your pills kids!!!

I mean....adults!,

(Brownie points if you know what inspired that last sentence.)

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    Kate: Drugs + Alcohol = Intense effect. Her drink was spiked (By whom is the better question. Everyone is pretty suspect in this case. Most likely Nathan.)
    Well, it might be true.

But IF this is a true... well, then this game is just stupid. Because something like that would be impossible in a real life.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post

At the point she heard the soft voice, she was cognitively out of it (psychological term menaing that new information wouldn't stick as well. Nathan was already with her so she was easily able to recognize his presence [There is a psychological term for this but I'm exhausted too much to recall it].

Chloe: Straight up drugs = Not as intense.

That's why they warn you to never drink alcohol while taking your meds. Don't drink wine when taking your pills kids!!!

I mean....adults!,

(Brownie points if you know what inspired that last sentence.)
    Sounds valid to me and could be the case. She could have then been given an additional dose of that 'clear' drug Jefferson injects his victims with afterwards.

Sounds valid to me and could be the case. She could have then been given an additional dose of that 'clear' drug Jefferson injects his victims with afterwards.
    In real life it does not makes any sense. Simply put:

Sedative + Sedative != Stimulant

Furthermore, if you chose to believe Kate, "one drop of red wine" it is not enough to have mix effect.

And so, if creators have any brains this explanation won't work.

But i am not sure about it.

In real life it does not makes any sense. Simply put:

Sedative + Sedative != Stimulant

Furthermore, if you chose to believe Kate, "one drop of red wine" it is not enough to have mix effect.

And so, if creators have any brains this explanation won't work.

But i am not sure about it.
    Drugging Kate may be Jefferson's initiative and drugging Kate Nathan's, so there could have been two types of drugs used.

What about to be positive and try to make things possible instead of permanent deprecation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast