Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48

Thread: Is Kate lying? *spoilers*

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Drugging Kate may be Jefferson's initiative and drugging Kate Nathan's, so there could have been two types of drugs used.

    What about to be positive and try to make things possible instead of permanent deprecation?
    They have no reason to drug her like this. It is imposible for them to do so by accident.

    And yes, i am trying to make think possible, but youu do not like it.

    For example, in this case it may be possible and consistent only if Kate is lying.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 17th Aug 2015 at 08:07.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    They have no reason to drug her like this. It is imposible for them to do so by accident.

    And yes, i am trying to make think possible, but youu do not like it.

    For example, in this case it may be possible and consistent only if Kate is lying.
    Drugging Chloe might be Nathan's initiative, and Nathan could have used wrong type since he perhaps doesn't know these things very well. Chloe was perhaps Nathan's attempt to do things like Jefferson.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Well, it might be true.

    But IF this is a true... well, then this game is just stupid. Because something like that would be impossible in a real life.
    It all depends on what drug was used and how a person reacts to it. Same with alcohol.

    Also, we're taking about a game where the maim protagonist can rewind time. It's fictional and, as such, isn't supposed to be compared completely against what can happen in real life. There are several things in LiS that happen that isn't possible in real life (several shows and movies follow the same path, especially when dealing with drugs and alcohol.)

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    It all depends on what drug was used and how a person reacts to it. Same with alcohol.

    Also, we're taking about a game where the maim protagonist can rewind time. It's fictional and, as such, isn't supposed to be compared completely against what can happen in real life. There are several things in LiS that happen that isn't possible in real life (several shows and movies follow the same path, especially when dealing with drugs and alcohol.)
    Yeah, this game has really little amount of inconsistencies compared to the most of tv shows and movies but for some reason Xeva-q hates THIS game.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Yeah, this game has really little amount of inconsistencies compared to the most of tv shows and movies but for some reason Xeva-q hates THIS game.
    Hahaahaha :P

    It clearly could be the same drug. With both Kate and Max. Who said it was stimulant? Both were sedated. Kate had sex sedated and Max is being equally sedated too. What's the matter with that, people?

    In time, I don't think any Telltale game I played had that many of inconsistences, no? Well, waiting for the last episode to give the final word. Hope to see everyone there too
    Last edited by RaulRoque; 18th Aug 2015 at 05:53.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Yeah, this game has really little amount of inconsistencies compared to the most of tv shows and movies but for some reason Xeva-q hates THIS game.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by RaulRoque View Post
    Hahaahaha :P

    It clearly could be the same drug. With both Kate and Max. Who said it was stimulant? Both were sedated. Kate had sex sedated and Max is being equally sedated too. What's the matter with that, people?

    In time, I don't think any Telltale game I played had that many inconsistencies, no?
    That's because you haven't met Sir Mister Xeva-q The First in Telltale discussion. I, for example, don't search for inconsistencies and try to analyse one stupid photo, I am enjoying the game!

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Sir Mister Xeva-q The First
    I like it. You should stick with this from now on.
    Yeah, this game has really little amount of inconsistencies compared to the most of tv shows and movies
    You call this a little?

    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    It all depends on what drug was used and how a person reacts to it.
    The question is: did Jefferson and Nathan had any need to give stimulation drug to Kate?

    Sedative drug absolutely can not provoke this kind of reaction, especially in combination with alcohol.

    Drugging Chloe might be Nathan's initiative, and Nathan could have used wrong type
    So far this is the only reasonable explanation - that someone used wrong type of drug on Kate by mistake.

    But it still can not explain Nathan testimony - why he was so sure that content of viral video would work in his favor?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMisterXeva-qTheFirst View Post
    I like it. You should stick with this from now on.

    You call this a little?
    60% of your inconsistencies are aspects of the game misunderstood by you or things that will be most likely explained later.
    20% are things that characters didn't figure out (usually because they don't have YouTube where they can replay the passages of the game).
    And 20% are actual inconsistencies.

  10. #35
    60% of your inconsistencies are aspects of the game misunderstood by you
    Fell like sharing?

    I can not remember not a single one inconsistency that was proven wrong in that topic of mine. So, please, go on.

    And the funny thing is - in this topic i am actually trying to prove that there are no inconsistencies here. You, on the other hand, trying to prove that is indeed an inconsistency here. While stating that
    I, for example, don't search for inconsistencies

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Mister_Xeva-q_The_First View Post
    Fell like sharing?

    I can not remember not a single one inconsistency that was proven wrong in that topic of mine. So, please, go on.

    And the funny thing is - in this topic i am actually trying to prove that there are no inconsistencies here. You, on the other hand, trying to prove that is indeed an inconsistency here. While stating that

    What? I said Nathan could have used wrong type of a drug. That is searching for inconsistencies?
    Last edited by Tataboj; 26th Aug 2015 at 13:31.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    What? I said Nathan could have used wrong type of a drug. That is searching for inconsistencies?
    Then why Nathan stated that video contradicts Maxine's claims? If you have no reasonable explanation for this, it's still inconsistent.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Then why Nathan stated that video contradicts Maxine's claims? If you have no reasonable explanation for this, it's still inconsistent.
    Bad explanation still isn't a searching for inconsistencies though.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Bad explanation still isn't a searching for inconsistencies though.
    Well, i have to admit - the truth is yours. My apologies.

    But we still have no explanation. Except for one, that was suggested by me.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Then why Nathan stated that video contradicts Maxine's claims? If you have no reasonable explanation for this, it's still inconsistent.
    Because Nathan is trying to protect himself.

    "I said I WAS going to take her to the ER. She sobered up eventually."

    "I saw blinding white light. I thought I was in the hospital." (This by no means in accurate word by word, but this is pretty much what Kate was saying).

    We also have a photo of Kate looking "high and not enjoying herself at all", combined with a binder of her photos in The Dark Room, and she mentions that Nathan was with her.

    He's going to say anything in order to make it look like he wasn't involved, but the video contradicts it (according to the Prinicpal if you tell on him), his own testimony contradicts it, and Kate's testimony contradicts it.

    Also, Nathan has a huge motivaton to lie. Kate doesn't have any motive (we might know her completely, but Max does and she even writes in her diary and mentions how Kate hasn't been the same).

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    In real life it does not makes any sense. Simply put:

    Sedative + Sedative != Stimulant

    Furthermore, if you chose to believe Kate, "one drop of red wine" it is not enough to have mix effect.

    And so, if creators have any brains this explanation won't work.

    But i am not sure about it.
    This is medically and pharmacologically inaccurate. Are you incapable of critical and creative thinking? I've read every post of yours on this forum and each is riddled with logical fallacies, falsehoods, hypocritical opinions posing as facts, and sweeping generalizations without seemingly any research whatsoever.

    There are MANY drugs and chemical compounds with side effect profiles that include paradoxical symptoms. Nicotine is a stimulant in small doses; in larger amounts it acts as a sedative and anxiolytic. Alcohol can wake you up, get you chatting with friends, and just as soon leave you unconscious if you drink too much. GHB (the drug EXPLICITLY SHOWN in this game to be the one Nathan bought from Frank and used to dose Kate) is an aphrodisiac and empathogenic intoxicant in lower concentrations and can induce sexual desire, giddiness, and often sociability; however, the reason GHB is so common as a date rape drug in the United States is because at the higher end of the dosage range, it is an exceedingly powerful amnesiac known for the long, coma-like sleep it produces. These effects become especially pronounced when combined with alcohol in ANY amount, large or small. This is a medical fact.

    And let's not forget that different people simply respond differently to different drugs depending on body chemistry. Not only that, but Nathan purchased SEVERAL kinds of drugs from Frank and we don't know for sure which he used on Chloe. He could have easily combined the standard dose of GHB with ecstasy (Molly) or cocaine for all we know. It's not only possible that Chloe reacted differently to the meds than Kate, but highly probable, given that she was a daily user of cannabis at the time and drinks fairly regularly.

    Also: you got the basic facts and initial situation behind it wrong too. Kate tells Max that her recollection only goes as far as "party - Nathan - car". Then she says she THINKS she remembers waking up in a white room (which she did) and MAYBE hearing a soothing voice (which she did - Jefferson's) she thought might belong to a doctor, but that she ISN'T 100% SURE. This is not lying. Kate was correct about the general details but not the specifics, which is a credit to her since she goes out of her way to remind Max that her memory of the events is very fuzzy.

    Yet again you are ignoring, rearranging, and misinterpreting the events presented in this game to suit the conclusion you WANT to find. Not the other way around. Speculation makes sense but what you seem to do in every thread is willfully deny the facts, implications, and sometimes even the overarching themes of the game by using absurd, nonsensical logic to justify yourself.

    Stop belittling people and closing your ears immediately when they correct your mistakes. Stop looking to poke holes that don't exist in a story you don't like. It's making you look crazy.

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Hepatoxicity View Post
    Are you incapable of critical and creative thinking?
    But of course i am incapable. Why you even bother to ask?
    I've read every post of yours
    You did right.
    each is riddled with logical fallacies, falsehoods, hypocritical opinions posing as facts, and sweeping generalizations without seemingly any research whatsoever.
    And what can you expect of someone like me?
    Yet again you are ignoring, rearranging, and misinterpreting the events presented in this game to suit the conclusion you WANT to find.
    yep.
    Speculation makes sense but what you seem to do in every thread is willfully deny the facts, implications, and sometimes even the overarching themes of the game by using absurd, nonsensical logic to justify yourself.
    What cat i do? I so desperately want to justify myself.
    Stop belittling people and closing your ears immediately when they correct your mistakes. Stop looking to poke holes that don't exist in a story you don't like.
    Of course i'll obey you, my Capitan.
    It's making you look crazy.
    Thanks for reading my every post yet again.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 20th Aug 2015 at 16:22.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    But of course i am incapable. Why you even bother to ask?

    You did right.

    And what can you expect of someone like me?

    yep.

    What cat i do? I so desperately want to justify myself.

    Of course i'll obey you, my Capitan.

    Thanks for reading my every post yet again.
    And here comes... no actual argument. FINISH HIM!

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    And here comes... no actual argument. FINISH HIM!
    Why, of course there are not a single one argument. Hepatoxicity can talk like that with his girlfriend for all i care, but i will never answer with something besides mockery to someone who talks like that with me. Well, at least until i'll hear his apology.

    After his rather pleasant characteristic of my humble person, i really do not care about his arguments, just like he is clearly did not care about mine.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 20th Aug 2015 at 17:15.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Why, of course there are not a single one argument. Hepatoxicity can talk like that with his girlfriend for all i care, but i will never answer with something besides mockery to someone who talks like that with me. Well, at least until i'll hear his apology.

    After his rather pleasant characteristic of my humble person, i really do not care about his arguments, just like he is clearly did not care about mine.
    There has not been a single insult or even characteristic of your person. And being very sensitive on the internet isn't a good thing.

  21. #46
    I found out what Kate was on!!! Nathan accidentally spiked her drink with a massive amount of Amity's peace serum.

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    There has not been a single insult or even characteristic of your person. And being very sensitive on the internet isn't a good thing.
    i do not even know what to say. Is that so?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by RaulRoque View Post
    Hahaahaha :P

    In time, I don't think any Telltale game I played had that many of inconsistences, no? Well, waiting for the last episode to give the final word. Hope to see everyone there too
    BTW, I have watched some episodes of Telltale's Walking Dead and I must say, I haven't seen so much major and obvious inconsistencies in a while.

    Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoBHe7tetH0
    Some things are unfair or just minor but most of them are major plot inconsistencies. And that's just one episode.
    And I got one, too:


    Sorry for OT, I just needed to point that out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •